[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Lamyglasses.jpg (82 KB, 329x358)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Has any vtuber that you know of been hit with the Proteus effect?
>The Proteus effect describes a phenomenon in which the behavior of an individual, within virtual worlds, is changed by the characteristics of their avatar. This change is due to the individual's knowledge about the behaviors that other users who are part of that virtual environment typically associate with those characteristics.
>>
Cute but dont care
>>
>>81604605
Probably almost all of them, but especially corpos where they don’t choose their model. Arguable whether it’s pure acting or this proteus effect thing, but when you’re sharing so many hours of your life i feel like it’s gotta be a bit of the latter
>>
>>81604605
i know of several chuubas who ended up dying their irl hair to match their avatars
>>
very stealthy, I like it
probably the most subtle version yet
>>
File: GR1Z7thbAAArCOS.jpg (155 KB, 1234x1723)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>
>>81604605
I don't know. Like what kind of changes are we talking about?
Like buying the brands of the vtuber?
Starting to dress like that vtuber?
Starting to think like that vtuber?
>>
>>81609590
the woman who cannot let go
>>
>>81609872
Yea man that went from haha to Please. just stop you cannot become her.
>>
>>
File: 1670221146094299.gif (2.03 MB, 498x373)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
>>81604605
Does Lamy having her already huge tits growing even larger count?
>>
File: 1606622368480.png (327 KB, 1000x822)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
>>81604605
But Lamy herself has said the current Lamy is more her personality because she got used to being a streamer instead of Debut Lamy where she was kinda nervous and putting up the cutesy "act". So your picrel is opposite of the effect you're describing.
>>
>>81611595
Although Lamy has always been weirdly Lamy when it comes to things. with the anime shorts she had commissioned about her time before joining Hololive shows that if anything debut Lamy was NOT Lamy. Lamy only became Lamy when she stop being someone who was NOT Lamy.

The Pitched up Voice and Seiso act? That wasn't Lamy. That Not Lamy was a false front she put up because Lamy was not sure that people would like Lamy so Lamy made a fake Lamy which was not Lamy that was discarded in favor of Lamy as we know Lamy to be now.
>>
>>81611830
You said what I just said
>>
>>81611886
I think the difference is which of debut Lamy and current Lamy is more strongly correlated with Lamy's appearance. If you are saying the opposite, then you think Lamy's appearance correlates with debut Lamy. But what if its current Lamy instead?
>>
>>81612217
I'm saying that the image does not correlate to her personally at all.
>>
Look if you start to become Lamy you just start to become Lamy. You just can't stop that fact.
Most things start becoming Lamy.
Hell Lamy's sister is very much Lamy. But less big. But Lamys are just going to be Lamy if that makes any sense
>>
>>81612940
Don't start with your bullshit
>>
>>81613173
That by focusing on watching a youtuber too long you may pick up some of their mannerisms or odd turns of phrase they may use?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.