[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1701252012300906.png (437 KB, 573x844)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
Are Holostars actually popular with women?
Or is it mostly gay men watching?
>>
>>83756469
Pretty sure that most of their fans are women. Just look at the NijiEN general.
>>
>>83756469
They're not popular with anyone.
>>
File: iz.png (618 KB, 813x752)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
>>83756469
When I went to a con and talked to holostars fans, like 90% of them were women. The only men were me and two other dudes, can't tell you if I was the only straight man though I didn't check. I also went to a NijiEN meetup out of curiosity and it was the same situation, though that one had a large amount of women that liked both male and female vtubers.
>>
File: sixri.png (88 KB, 277x258)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
i don't know anon, you tell me
>>
>>83756469
most of them is women
The ones with a significant portion of males tend to be the more successful ones in general, IE Bettel, Ruze etc.
>>
How ugly
>>
>>83756986
Fuck off unicorn
>>
>>83756469
Women who were born male. I forgot what the word for those types of people is though. Something with a T.
>>
>>83757436
This ain't 2023 anymore faggot
>>
>>83756469
I know there's at least one pay pig that's a woman
>>
>>83757679
That won't go away anytime soon unicuck. Just like how the word nigger never faded since the 1800s
>>
>>83757503
Terminators, watch out for them they are dangerous.
>>
>>83757258
fucking grim holy shit
>>
>>83758842
Unicorn too retarded to realise the stream was offline.
>>
>>83757258
They don't know it, but i actually threw a beach party for all homostar graduation.
And I don't intend to stop.
Honestly their failure is just another excuse for me to party it out.
>>
>>83759019
>Too retarded to know what a shitpost is
>>
>>83757258
Outside of competing with the concert nobody knows what a GTA RP is or what it entails. They did that to themselves.
To answer OPs question it has to be women. Despite how loud they are there just aren't that many gays out there even if you wanted to pander.
Women also use the net less so of course man friendly ones like Bettel and Ruze are ultimately going to pull ahead.
>>
>>83757258
post the actual chart because i assume this is disingenuous
>>
>>83756469
Mostly gay men holostars barely has any women watching them. Even their biggest oil baroness Arenei dropped them.
>>
>>83759406
i just checked her twitter and she still mostly tweets about holostars. why lie about some random hag?
>>
>>83759381
>People in the “shit on stars” are being disingenuous to shit on the stars
Wow what a shock huh
>>
>>83759406
>Being so obsessed with stars that you’re stalking random fans and lying about those said fans
Fucking hell this is embarrassing
>>
>>83759915
i'm just curious to see the actual views it got over the 4 hours
>>
File: file.png (485 KB, 2401x1440)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
>>83757436
>>83757743
>>
File: file.png (519 KB, 992x567)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>83759962
>>
>>83760077
usually stars views then? not even a first time buff?
>>
>>83760137
ruze (one of the most popular armis) started 4~ hours ahead of the rest and had a group. the rest of them started in a big pool of overlap, all had average numbers. shinri crashed multiple times due to ISP shitting itself and directed his fans to move to other povs, then only got back up right as the others were ending.
>>
>>83756469
In Japan, it's popular with mostly women. But on the western side, there's a shitton of men in the fandom. There's so many men that they even scare off other potential female fans.
>>
>>83759946
>>83759867
Women talking crazy. Their homos are in shambles.
>>
>>83757258
i don't get it, i thought 6 views territory was something that only happened in big events like a graduation
>>
>>83762269
ba-dum tsss
>>
>>83760442
This seems to be the opposite of the truth from all data we’ve seen. There are about 500 fujos in the world who watch holostars streams and then a handful of Filipino “men” are watching too because they’re still holding out hope that the stars will talk to a woman and they can pretend it’s them who’s talking
>>
>>83756902
Are they women or “women” (aka men with mutilated genitals), because my money is on “women”
>>
>>83763229
You have a mutilated brain.
>>
>>83757743
Retard… his point is that the word isn’t negative anymore. Just like how black people got called niggas and then they started using it themselves, we self identify as unicorns so calling us a unicorn isn’t the insult you think it is, most unicorns use the term themselves
>>
>>83760430
Sounds like a lot of cope… doesn’t it get exhausting coping for their shitty viewership all the time? It’s been like 2 years and their viewership has not improved at all, isn’t it exhausting to constantly have to come up with new reasons why their viewership is shit? After a week of this i’d be tired of it
>>
>>83756469
so i've been wondering
>a woman who loves yaoi = a fujo
>a man who loves yuri = ??
>>
File: GV0En1Aa4AAUbDB1.jpg (1.39 MB, 2832x2830)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>83763547
Himedanshi. Comes from "Yuri Hime," a popular yuri magazine. Sounds kinda gay though, fucking "princess boy" kek
>>
>>83763948
Yeah, I refuse to use the term. That said, obsessing over romance stories IS pretty gay desu. Most yuri doesn’t even have giant robots.
>>
>>83763948
To be fair, there clearly isn't a sustainable audience for males who like yuri. They made a test magazine for a mythical male audience (where the one yuri series all males love comes from), but it failed pretty quickly and they just folded it back into the main magazine which is for women and has "Justice for Women" polititcal magazine covers and stuff like that.
>>
>>83756986
spbp
>>
>>83763313
Well that answers my question, I guess it’s all “women”, no real women
>>
It's mostly genuine cucks who only watch clips
>>
>>83760077
Still grim but wtf happened. Did YT fucked off?
>>
>>83763229
Just because you think about trannies all the time doesn't change that it's 90% women watching holostars.
>>
>>83763423
99.999% of all streamers will not have any noticable growth in their audience until maybe 10 years. that's just how it is. holo is an exception and only because of the covid buff that was a once-in-a-lifetime event that they rode until now.
>isn’t it exhausting to constantly have to come up with new reasons why their viewership is shit?
as a streamaer, being 3views and occasionally touching 4views could make you a living wage and then some. you just dont know because you never peered out of the holobox.
>>
>>83764107
people still can't top the GOAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPrfGQpJCkI
>>
>>83767144
This cope again… I watch plenty of streamers, the fact that holostars are apart of holopro is exactly what makes their performance so bad. It’d be like if coca-cola released a new product and it sold 1 million units, on paper, 1 million is a lot and it would be more successful then most random products out there… but when you factor in that it’s being sold by coca-cola and compare it to the sales of their other products, you realize that one million sales is not actually a lot. And that’s how it is with holostars, sure compared to the average twitch streamer they do well enough, but as a part of holopro, their performance is very mediocre at best
>>
>>83766634
His ISP decided he was done for the night
>>
>>83763948
>>83764233
>>83764107
I've been thinking about this. I love a ton of yuri stories, but not romance. Only danger and action make the unusual relation believable for me.
So I guess I'm an "action yuri" fan?
>>
>>83767894
good romance anime/manga is extremely hard to find, even more yuri

its either dramashit where its too stupid for me to care or its just lewd things with no romance or its romcom where its just like regular romcom where they never get together and when they do the manga ends

thats why I just watch cgdct instead
>>
>>83763229
The internet changes your perception but trannies are extremely rare, even with how trendy they are finding actual mutilated genitals trannies is something rare. So there's not enough trannies in the world to make up a majority for an already niche hobby. What they are is just fujo, femcels and fatties. I'm pretty sure most of us has known at least one girl like this I can actually picture the specific girl that was in my class on high-school lol. She loved Ouran Club, cosplayed and was really socially awkward (always being weirdly dramatic). I remember downplaying my weebness because of this girls specifically lmao, didn't want to be associated with her.

And no, she wasn't cute, not even in an unconventional way.
>>
>>83767697
From the streamer's perspective:
there will always be a bigger fish. I can point out to any of the girls outside of gura, pekora, or marine and say the same thing. Why can't fauna be as famous as gura? why isnt suisei's songs as mainstream as marine's? there's no point comparing anyone to the flagship employee or the morale will drop, just like how you don't compare your salary to your CEO's.

From the business perspective:
Cover is working to cover all kinds of bases and fandoms. male talents dont make as much money as the girls but they capture an audience that doesn't overlap with the girls so it doesn't matter. spread the risk, don't put all your eggs in one basket, that's business 101. ask yourself this: why would coca cola bother with innovation if their flagship product will always be the best selling anyway?
>>
Nobody watches the holostars they're 3view territory. Ouch when is yagoo going to learn. This is the equivalent of being selfish and not letting someone who's been clinically cleared as brain dead to live by not turning off the life support machines when the doctor instructed you to so you don't make that person suffer even more. He needs to can the branch and focus on the girls. They're the ones selling venues and cons. The men contribute nothing to vtubing.
>>
>>83764233
I think the problem with yuri is that nobody can write it very well for male audience. Men are awful at writing yuri and women focus on stuff men aren't interested in.
>>
>>83769479
Otome no Teikoku is pretty good, but I see your point
>>
>>83756469
straight men are the majority of the fans, high IQ, fit, brotuber enjoyers
>>
>>83756469
I don't remember this scene?
>>
>>83773094
Kiara's Fever Night outfit was popular for a reason
>>
>>83759946
>Femanon
Why are you stupid?
>>
>>83756469
They not popular with any demographic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.