[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: doob_tram.png (495 KB, 1200x967)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
Trams Count as Trains Edition

A thread for everyone's favorite jumping mouse vtuber, Dooby. Keep a lookout for new activity around October 20?! Train-bound roingus enthusiasts, teamates, and gators are welcome. Like, subscribe, and follow her socials linked below to stay updated.

>Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/dooby3d
>YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/@dooby3d
>Twitter
https://x.com/dooby3d

>Affiliated Threads
>>>/vt/watson

Previous station: >>86840366
>>
>Highlight Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-JPk_OglsA
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8bh2Nv7NqBBgKC_xM3xYQsTZC1odXq6E
>>
File: 1728173159478552.jpg (75 KB, 716x1105)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
doob evening
>>
>>86944310
It’s doob morning for me, but hello! Also, Dooby a cute!
>>
how would you react if she goes full fleshie?
>>
hehe what a doober...
>>
>>86944596
unlikely considering she built a 3d studio for a reason
>>
File: 1727146478418752.jpg (68 KB, 680x509)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
What's a dooby? a photoshop app?
>>
>>86944596
Wouldn’t watch because I don’t watch any fleshtubers. Tho I do know some people who might pick her up if she did because they do not watch vtubers.
>>86944747
It’s a type of marijuana cigarette, but also a very cute jerboa rat vtuber.
>>
>>86944112
how do we save dooby? most of the 1.8m holofans are not converting
>>
>>86944979
95% of any holo's subs are dead. if she matches her previous CCV she is a success
>>
>>86945016
If she's happy it's a success and by her recent successive tweets it's a clear sign she is.
>>
>>86945164
everyone is happy when they quit their job until bills come due
>>
>>86944979
Just spread the word! I’m glad for this thread because at least there are links to her socials on a major ENvtuber hub. She’s been growing and will steadily grow more!
>>
>>86945206
she'll get covered no worries. ad revenue alone will put her back to her feet.
>>
>>86944596
there;s a close to zero percent chance of that happening
>>
>>86945206
She probably has plenty of money. Enough to not care about graduating.
>>
what if she just wanted to make her own Outer Heaven
>>
>>86945412
she is supporting a lot of people. Holos are comfortable but they're not RICH rich
>>
File: 1714373767664705.png (376 KB, 1000x1000)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>
>>86945646
Thanks for stopping by! Always love getting Mikochi’s seal of approval.
>>
>>86945206
it's called starving artist for a reason
>>
>>86945206
>>86945500
the median holo made 1 million / year. she's probably already set for life. that's accounting for paying off a 2m house in LA too.
>>
>>86946022
if she's in LA she gets to keep about half that after tax and the house probably cost a mil. So she's got a million to retire on and support an entire family, not enough
>>
>>86945164
>>86945500
Maybe one of the reasons for the "affiliate" status is that she knew being an indie might not be enough to pay the bills. The "affiliate" status provides her with side income and also a safety net in case her indie career flops.
>>
>>86946299
I hope she fails and comes back
>>
Go back to awat
>>
Filian followed her
could mean nothing but she only follows 59 accounts
>>
>>86944310
Lust-provoking image
>>
>>86946022
did she outright buy her house or she's renting it?
>>86946299
small agency vtubers with low 3view CCV and 20k suscribers have an income of 10k USD.
She'll be fine even if she goes down to gorilla pachi stream viewership
>>
what are the current rrats on which hololive rule is preventing ame from doing what she wants within hololive itself?
>>
>>86947942
When asked for advice to people joining Hololive she said, to paraphrase, "be prepared to do idolshit you don't want to do". So I assume she just wants to stream, as Cover is putting more emphasis on events and merch
>>
>>86948004
It's not idol stuff, if it was she wouldn't be promising so much Karaoke when she comes back.
It's genuinely just a perms and IP issue, it's really that simple of a reason like she said.
>>
>>86948248
there is a huge difference between singing songs you like in a silly karaoke and having to grind japanese songs and choreo and fly to japan for concerts
>>
>>86948004
>>86948248
that and tedious amount of bureaucracy. Even a great job can feel suffocating if every day is just meeting after meeting and you can't even do the fun stuff on the side because you need to fill in 100 forms to do so
>>
>>86947942
It's probably the same reason that got Jessica Jung from Girl's Generation kicked out at the height of their popularity: Ame wanted to start her own company.
Ame is building out a professional mocap studio but that directly competes with Cover. So she's going sell the service to twitch indies instead while streaming demos of her tech to promote it. Since 99% of all streamers live in the same neighborhood content houses in LA/Austin, it's much more convenient than flying to studios in Japan.
If she succeeds, she's basically starting her own agency with her old crew of unofficial staff being the first employess. The ace in her pocket is of course that she can easily poach her wife Gura to join too.
The reason why she's doing this now instead of before is that noncompetes used to be illegal only in California, but Gura isn't Californian. But a new FTC rule made noncompetes illegal nationwide with an effective date of September 4th: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2024/04/ftc-announces-rule-banning-noncompetes
So Cover will not be able to sue either of them for violating contract.
I worked hard on this rrat. Please give me pity yous
>>
Anti thread
>>
>>86948281
Kiara brought up the suggestion of Ame returning for future concerts, comparing it to Morning Musume idol group. Don't think she would do that if she knew Ame hates idol stuff that much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1WkFAj2T8
No source but Ame saw this clip and thought Kiara's idea was cool (paraphrased).
>>
>>86948406
Here is your (You). Plausible but not probable. I’ve never thought the whole “her own mocap studio” thing was realistic. She clearly just wants to chill. Thank you for the high effort.
>>
>>86948406
>a new FTC rule made noncompetes illegal nationwide
and thank fuck they did
>>
>>86948449
No, this is the only thread that promotes Dooby, the future endeavor of hololive affiliate Amelia Watson.
>>
>>86948406
Her skill level with tech and mocap is hobbyist at best. She is not about to open her own studio in competition to cover
>>
>>86950517
I think she has the ability to go pro, but not the desire nor market. Like who would she mocap? Cover’s not going to outsource EN stuff to her so talent travel is less. There’s just no money to be made.
>>
Retweeted a cute lil mewer :3
>>
>>86950517
>>86951216
Her skillset was always in her ability to project manage and delegate. Do you think Steve Jobs knows anything about hardware or coding?
She lives near Hollywood where there's an infinite amount of cheap VFX slave labor. She just have to hire them for the vtubing niche where she has domain knowledge.
>>
File: IMG_0248.jpg (985 KB, 1305x1630)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
A few doob morning replies to art. Also commented on the OP pic.

Kyuuuuut.
>>
>>86952332
she dooby cute
>>
>>86952332
She didn't even like mine ;_;
>>
>>86952883
Post it, roingus.
>>
>>86951752
All of them basically work for Cover now.
>>
>>86944112
>Trams Count as Trains
No zey don't
>>
>>86944112
>dooby
will she be smoking weed on stream?
>>
>>86947119
anon that's a rrat
>>
Not much reason to have this thread if the janny isn't going to go scorched earth on awat.
>>
File: AMEEEEE.jpg (74 KB, 1369x465)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
The other thread got nuked.

Ame/Dooby please play Megaquarium.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/600480/Megaquarium/
>>
>>86958707
why did you have to say that. now he deleted >>86955264
>>
>>86959230
welp
>>86959162
Really up to you. If you wanna go to war with the meidos go ahead, maybe you'll eventually win. Or you can just bake a dooby thread and steal it from OP.
>>
>>86958707
>>86959440
you bumped this thread from page 11 you are not fooling anyone retard
>>
>>86959752
yep and he did it right before the combined thread deleted, suspicious
>>
I hope dooby plays a lot of old school platformers, like nes and snes games
>>
>>86959752
Everything I post is my honest opinion.
>>
>>86960436
she's gonna play nothing but CS2 and you're gonna like it
>>
>>86961632
deadlock is probably the game she has the most offline hours in right now.
>>
>>86961632
well yeah she might have her go to games but that doesnt mean she wont do a variety of games dude
>>
>>86962281
i think one thing i don't like about twitch culture is that usually there are no schedules. they just jump between games and do impromptu collabs. so expect "【AMEDLY】FPS games~~" to become the norm
>>
>>86962429
well doobys youtube says simulcast so it wont only be twitch, along with saying yt streams
>>
>>86963118
Lots of people try simulcasting only to quickly drop it. I hope she does keep it but very, very few actually do, in particular it's very hard to keep up with multiple chats.
>>
>>86944112
She followed that shindigs vtuber leech. Guess I wont be watching.
>>
File: 1724832823216533.jpg (133 KB, 1131x1395)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
roingussy
>>
>>86965100
you think she would go with the tiny limbs kinda thing
>>
>>86948406
The noncompete ruling is coincidental. Ame made her decision months prior.

The simplest rrat is the most logical: Ame was hired to be an EN streamer, and the Hololive of today is primarily focused on mimicking the idol industry, and permissions make it increasingly difficult to pursue creative streaming endeavors under the Hololive brand.
>>
Can a teamate bake a legit Dooby thread at least?
I don't want to use a thread forced by jannies
>>
>>86967116
whats wrong with the OP
>>
>>86963329
Only one I've actually watched that simulcasts regularly is Wirtual, and he's pretty clear about not really reading Youtube's chat regularly. Think he also said something about Twitch being weird about putting youtube's chat on screen.
I imagine it wouldn't be hard to write an app that just combines the two chats into one window for easy reading, but if Twitch has some partner policy that is where shit would get annoying.
>>
Dooby dooby do wahwah
>>
>>86968660
twitch only allows youtube chat on screen if twitch chat is also on screen, they dont allow youtube chat only
>>
>>86968660
Yes, Twitch disallows combined chats (they probably won't enforce this, but no one wants to risk it). There are also scripts the combine chats behind the screen for the streamer to view but I've never seen a streamer use them. Maybe dooby will be the first, who knows, but I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>86967116
You can do that yourself, but that doesn't mean thread regulars will use it. The regular awat bakers seem committed to going to war with the jannies even if it means a repeat of the /ehe/ situation, I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.
>>
>>86945646
Mikochi would never, you fucking degenerate
>>
>>86968728
I don't think the separately labeled chats on screen is even technically allowed. People assume it's fine because they haven't gotten in trouble when in reality getting banned for breaking ANY simulcasting rules just doesn't seem to happen.
>>
since when she's a traintard?
did she play Maitetsu?
>>
>>86969644
The guidelines don't directly address it beyond saying that a) the Twitch experience should not be "degraded" (presumably meaning a smaller display for Twitch chat would be disallowed) and b) combined chats are not allowed to be displayed.
https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/simulcasting-guidelines?language=en_US
>>
>>86969936
I wonder if she could multi-instance OBS and stream from one computer, and capture from a second computer, and then keep yt and twitch chat in separate feeds
>>
>>86967116
This thread is good and has a good OP. Don’t know what your issue is with it.
>>
>>86970039
Things would get kinda fucky when it comes to vods, though. The twitch chat version would eventually disappear unless she archives that version in the video tab. Assuming I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly
>>
>>86970467
You are yes. I dont know if dooby will remember to keep archiving things to her youtube
>>
Why do people like twitch when vods get auto-deleted? Basically you're just watching what everyone involved in the production of the content considers ephemeral garbage that no one would ever want to go back and watch beyond small clips.
>>
>>86970652
I pretty much never watch vods because there's always live streams I'd rather watch instead. On the rare occasions I watch them it's always something recent, namely streams I was looking forward to but missed. It's definitely a shit feature and I don't understand why they do it, but it has zero impact on my actual viewing experience.
>>
>>86970652
They're not tribalist about sites, so they just upload them onto youtube.
>>
>>86970652
Twitch is too massive for anyone except a limited number of partners to have access to permanent vods. This has been the case since the start, which is why twitch has a feature to export vods to youtube. You can also just reupload vods as "collections," but I rarely see anyone take advantage of that since it's more effort than just hitting export (you have to download and reupload the entire vod because just adding it to collections as is it will still be deleted). Everyone is expected to have a vod channel on youtube anyway so it doesn't really make a difference for the people who would get enough viewership out of it to matter.
>>
You should probably put /lig/ and /big/ in the affiliated since that's who she's going to be collabing with.
>>
>>86971164
The problem is that people get lazy and stop reuploading, do it very slowly/with a long delay, or only upload certain things.
>>
>>86971330
Can confirm, I've seen several twitch streamers who have youtube vod channels do shit like this, they just upload select stuff of only say an hour in length, others don't keep up the vod channel well and miss parts of some games or events, etc. Probably they know it doesn't make them much extra money if at all so they dont care
>>
>>86971281
>Twitch is too massive for anyone except a limited number of partners to have access to permanent vods
I just don't buy this. Storage space is inexpensive and increasingly so, Youtube has archives stretching back to the beginning of the site. They do it because it will decrease their expenses by 0.5% and fuck the users.
>>
>>86971288
No, I do not think I will. Watson is listed as an affiliate because it’s a joke about her hololive status as well as a subtle link to her other creative endeavors.

Ligmas have nothing to do with Dooby even though she will be one. That said, /lig/ is welcome to link us in their OP.
>>
>>86971281
Which is more massive: Youtube or Twitch? Do we even know?
>>
>>86970652
If you're interested in watching an archived stream, you might as well do it on the site with the better player, which is YouTube. Yes, you lose the ability of reading the chat, but who gives a fuck about that? Twitch chat is full of inbred retards that only spam emotes and say stupid shit left and right, so you're not losing anything there. There probably is a miniscule percentage of Twitch users that do use the Past Broadcast feature, but most of them simply go to the streamer's VOD channel, since everyone has one nowadays, and they can have a better experience that way.

>>86970976
I don't know who you follow, but VODs are crucial to preserve the legacy and highlights of the chubas career. I still go back to Myth's April Fools event from time to time, also: mega collabs, graduations, events, even some really great and remarkable solo streams that pop-up from time to time. It's always good to have the option of going back and reliving something you really enjoyed without the need of having to archive it yourself.
>>
>>86971482
Yeah, the smart thing to do would be to have an official vod channel, and a collated 1-hour highlights channel, and a clip channel, all monetized. Small streamers could make a bundle off it with some easy (although boring) work and big streamers could easily hire someone to do it with all the revenue. Unfortunately most don't for various reasons.
>>
>>86971657
I have zero desire to go back and watch any of that. I wracked my brain to find a stream I would actually want to watch years later and what I came up with was 3D showcases.
>>
>>86971491
Imagine if every 3 minute youtube video that went back decades was someone streaming cod for 15 hours that didn't even get 1 view because even they don't look at their own vods. That adds up, or at least it used to. Its getting super inexpensive, but it wasn't always, and is there any reason to change policy when that's what it's going to be filled with? They already removed exclusivity because they understood that everyone who cared just reuploaded to youtube anyway.
>>
>>86972188
Offloading their garbage onto Google's servers to maximize profit: That's the Amazon way
>>
>>86972980
Anon, I have mixed feelings about all of this, but servers are literally what Amazon does best.
>>
>>86973057
So then why don't they host the vods on their own servers instead of google's?
>>
>>86972151
Doesn't that mean all you've watched you're admitting was slop just meant to evoke a cheap temporary dopamine hit?
>>
>>86973461
No. I'd just rather participate in a live event rather than go back and "relive" one. Chatting and getting noticed by the streamer is a big part of the fun for me, I probably wouldn't watch livestreams at all if I had to sit there observing silently.
>>
>>86973856
This
>>
I don't watch VODslop but everything Dooby does will get archived anyway
>>
>>86973856
But like 99% of the messages just get ignored by the streamer anyway unless you're giving them money. You don't pay people to notice you, do you anon?
>>
>>86975010
Skill issue. Even with larger streamers I have no issue being noticed a couple times in chat.
>>
>>86975226
Sure, anon, you're a special snowflake with a magnetic personality, and so very clever. Everyone notices you.
>>
>>86975226
Holy fucking delusion lmao
>>
>>86975226
i remember ame said her eyes is naturally drawn to gray chatters
>>
>>86975226
dyrbi
>>
>>86977475
And probably she wondered, "Why isn't this guy paying me, what am I doing wrong?"
>>
>>86975226
>got four replies despite being a common anon
I kneel.
>>
>>86975226
I get noticed a lot as well, just say something interesting
>>
Doob afternoon!
>>
Getting really roingy in anticipation for the doobus
>>
>>86975226
Have a (you) just like you get from your oshi.
>>
>>86983106
just 13 more days
>>
>>86984881
It's still tentative with no announcement beyond the bio with a question mark.
>>
>>86985026
>not believing in her
cmon man
>>
>>86985096
It's not a matter of not believing, she put the question mark there.
>>
Dooby is so popular she has two threads now
>>
>>86971590
>Ligmas have nothing to do with Dooby even though she will be one. That said, /lig/ is welcome to link us in their OP.
Made me think. The liggers link several single chuuba threads in their OP and none of these ever get discussed in there.
>>
>>86963329
everyone who simulcasts on twitch and youtube both tend to completely ignore the youtube chat. i think she'll only have it for those watchers of her that dont have a twitch account yet
>>
>>86985413
Nta I literally made a Twitch account just to watch her
>>
What if she doesn’t even post vods on YT and only the sachi clips there now are her content. Lemao.
>>
>>86985413
could be wrong but i recall hearing that if you simulcast on twitch then twitch chat has to be the "main" interaction for the streamer and you cant show the other chats
>>
>>86987507
Wow. YouTube is an infinitely better platform for so many reasons and I keep learning more.

Why would anyone choose Twitch as their primary? I know YT has follower requirements but she already has surpassed those.
>>
Posting in both threads until only one of them survives, I literally can't lose
>>
>>86987843
I personally will just be posting here for Dooby stuff, this is the Dooby thread, not for other streamers
>>
>>86987843
That’s cool. At least you’re not being a schizo about it like the samefag “we thread consensus awat regular.”
>>
If she has a humanoid model then I hope she's a modest proportion girl with long legs. I like girls with long legs.
>>
>>86988820
Perfect ratgirl. Long legged jerboa. Whatever she is will be great tho.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (842 KB, 856x1430)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
>>86988820
>>
>>86945646
quickly becoming the official SEA stamp of disapproval
>>
>>86991486
Well this is a bait thread that works as a containment so
>>
File: file.png (230 KB, 407x563)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>86988820
thinking of something like picrel but with her preference of clothing
>>
>>86991608
It’s neither. It’s the official Dooby thread. Doing a service to our oshi by spreading the word about what she’s doing next. Antis can fuck off.
>>
>>86944979
spread the hype. that's the best thing you can do(oby). it helps that her mouse character is an extremely marketable fat fuck.
>>
>>86991913
>our oshi
Her fans are not using this thread. Cope all you want but the shit you people discuss and the way you talk about her itt gives you guys away as catalog rats. Lmao you don’t even post her news on time
Anyway keep up the charade, it’s good containment
>>
Anti thread
>>
There's not much to talk about for now, only speculate about her future content and the model
>>
Post Dooby xitter updates and prove this is not an anti thread you fuckers
>>
>>86992536
>>86993953
meds
>>
>>86992290
>>86993953
Threads made by REAL dooby fans don't get deleted
>>
>>86994590
>>86994608
lol no one is using your anti thread, faggots
>>
>>86993953
Someone did >>86952332

Tard schizo.
>>
>>86994762
other thread:
>posting ame
>talking about hololive in general
>posting webm of ame's roommates boobs
>barely any talk about doob
ah but this chill on topic thread is the anti thread. Keep seething lol
>>
>>86995728
We all know you did that, drive by faggot
>>
>>86995804
Can trains do drive bys?
>>
>>86997881
Yes
>>
>>86988820
if she's going to do 3d stuff, her design's gonna have to take into account her real height. with how short she is irl that is pretty much impossible lmao.
>>
>>86998173
My shortstack jumping mouse lady
>>
>>86991304
AYY LMAO
>>
Funny as fuck to me that any of you guys are trying to act concerned about her financials or stability, or how she could feel free to give up the easy certain money to be freer and more experimental again.

Like, you guys realize she is still with the same guy she was dating since before right? The dude is still in ADB lowkey chilling all this time lol. Her "new" twitch mods are still the same old simps who used to orbit her since before she started using the cutesie voice, and are also still in ADB chilling. Come on. She'll always have chumps supporting her, besides her viewers.
>>
>>86999615
>Funny as fuck to me that any of you guys are trying to act concerned about her financials or stability, or how she could feel free to give up the easy certain money to be freer and more experimental again.
I don’t think anyone not retarded is concerned about that. Normal people realize hololive is a job and people don’t quit jobs (rather than being fired) while keeping merch royalties (affiliate status) without being fine in life.
>>
>>87000444
Don't reply to schizos
>>
Not the anti thread btw
>>
>>87000728
I don't think you can say schizo if it's just plain true. It's unkind to say it that way, but it's not made up. You can see it, yourself.
>>
>>87001003
Literally none of what you said was true schizo
>>
>>86999615
ADB?
>>
>>87001244
Ame fan discord, but regardless he’s making shit up
>>
File: angy.png (203 KB, 1100x1000)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
schizos OUT OUT OUT
>>
>>87001597
Yikes. No wonder these threads are such a shitshow. Basically discord trannies.
>>
>>86987843
They will both survive. One is for Watson, the other is for Doobson.
>>
>>87003867
No
>>
Doob evening
>>
memetuber
>>
Lettuce sleep.
>>
>>87012237
I think you mean
>memedoober
>>
File: cabbagecat.png (1.33 MB, 1157x756)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>87013452
>>
File: 1728173190036603.webm (4 KB, 170x182)
4 KB
4 KB WEBM
>>
>>87015716
Scroingus
>>
File: IMG_0246.jpg (78 KB, 1018x872)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>
Doob morning
>>
Doob xeet
>>
File: file.png (60 KB, 540x438)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
new doob just dropped

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.