[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: e.gif (51 KB, 640x640)
51 KB
51 KB GIF
why do non-JP speakers watch JP V-Tubers & how do they manage to get enjoyment out of it ?
>>
To learn?
>>
Gear icon -> Subtitles/CC -> JP (auto-generated) -> Subtitles/CC -> Auto-translate -> English
>>
>>87200229
such a pain in the ass to go through this whole scuffed process when you already have excellent EN VT.
Seems like the hipsters of V-tubing
>>
>>87199930
Only a newfag would ask this kind of question.
Go back to Twitch and stay there.
>>
>>87200421
you fucking retard, that's exactly why i'm here, I legit don't get it, so just answer the question or go get cucked by your favorite JP VT.
>>
>>87200542
That's what reddit is for. Now go back there and fuck off.
>>
Did someone mention vtubers on /v/ or something? There's been a lot of obvious crossboarding today.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>87199930
holy boobers
>>
>>87200229
I always assumed this would be an awful experience so I never bothered. Just tried it now and it seems I was half right. Hopefully they will get it in an actually good state one day.
>>
>>87199930
cute girl makes cute noises. anon smiles.
>>
>>87202348
it's half decent when the girl speaks clear japanese. but for babblers like miko and banchou, yeah it's pretty god awful.
>>
>>87199930
Some of the JP streamers I admire a lot and want to support them in my small way, even if I have trouble understanding them. For big events and concerts, the energy and performances are engaging enough, even if I don't understand the spoken parts.
>>
>>87200229
is this even available live?
>>
>>87199930
Because they're retarded weeabos. Additionally those that know both Japanese and English always prefer EN vtubers because they're just better.
>>
>>87200229
Is that still only like 10% accurate or is it better now
>>
>>87199930
There's a good chance those people were already fans of Japanese media like anime or musicians so they have some basic level of Japanese that can make most game streams easy to follow and enjoy. Also sometimes reactions and feelings transcend language (like cute noises).

Otherwise most of the time, unless they're some literal who indie, they'll have at least one fan available who provides translations. In cases like large corpo vtubers, there's an abundance of clips.
>>
>>87199930
im learning JP, why else? retarded frogposter
>>
File: cover1.jpg (104 KB, 1600x900)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>go to jp 2 view
>she noticed my presence and say "thanks for coming"
>followed cause why not
>ANON-KUN FOLLOW ARIGATO~
>can only type "w" and "gg" despite that the 2 view said thanks for the comment while also mentioning my name
>>
File: 1696705452744125.jpg (71 KB, 308x304)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>87210460
You couldn't just go to google translate and type in 'no problem' or 'thanks for your hard work' or anything like that?
>>
>>87199930
It’s good immersion practice for learning Japanese, even if I’m still terrible at it. It’s fun to see my progress grow as I slowly learn more and more while having fun with the JP chuuba

I also like the cute noises they make
>>
>>87200872
Kojimbo had a photo with him having a Pekora figure on his desk. Maybe this is why? I dunno
>>
>>87208276
It was never even 10% accurate.
>>
>>87210460
I don't think you have a language problem, you're just autistic.
>>
>>87199930
Because JP is a beautiful language.
Then you stat studying it, now you hate it.
>>
>>87199930
jp better
>>
>>87199930
Such a simple question. If you are interested in JP Vtuber, then you can just learn it and you can understand the enjoyment
>>
If you've been watching subbed anime for years and actually bothered to listen instead of just read the subtitles you've probably picked up enough Japanese to follow along with the ones that use fairly simple Japanese already. When I first started watching Matsuri and Korone in 2019 I could only follow maybe 30% of the things she said but that was enough because they were the keywords, nowadays I'm closer to 80% and can even follow when she goes into motormouth mode.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.