[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1717016367803466.png (270 KB, 540x466)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
How did Suisei really actually get to the top of the vtuber music industry?

She obviously isn't way more talented than her peers or anything. If her talent didn't carry her to the top what did?
>>
>>87552075
> She obviously isn't way more talented than her peers or anything.
she is
>>
>>87552102
Bruh, she is top 5 at best.
>>
Persistence and self confidence to push for the projects she needs.
Networking skills.
Sense of what's popular and how to market herself.

Being able to sing is just the cherry ontop and the least significant part of it.
>>
>>87552075
Normie friendly model. If she had cat ears and huge tits she would never be as big
>>
>>87552075
1. Be first
2. Be smarter
3. Cheat

She got there first. Unsure if she cheats, but we do know she’s not smarter
>>
>>87552191
This is also part of it. She designed her model in fashion of what she likes herself and got to choose her remodel designer and gets to have female fans too this way.
>>
>>87552272
>first
Sora and Azki exist.
>>
>>87552075
She fucks producers. Novelty of a JPop VTuber. Her songs are catchy and she’s a strictly average good singer.
>>
>>87552322
producers wouldn’t want to fuck her
>>
File: 1712973311744501.png (428 KB, 711x656)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>87552311
>azki
Just wants to geoguess
>sora
Just wants to have a poorly optimized model while she makes slurping pee pee suck noises.
>>
She hates it but she knows sex sells.
>>
Normie friendly actually has good memorable original songs. Also a good singer, knows how to play to her strengths.

my other favorite singers and why they aren't as big as Sui:
>AZKi
tons of songs, but barely any are forgetable.
>Okayu
Adeui Salauds was fantastic but she's too much of an otaku and got groomed by onigirya. she needs more music projects
>Matsuri
whore.
>Kanata
probably has the best raw vocals but is half deaf.
>IRyS
literally AZKi 2.0
>Goomba
too busy being a mascot
>Risu
probably the best singer in holo, but she sandbags and just likes to fuck around.
>Moom
Risu 2.0
>Kanade
just needs solo projects. she is top tier already, i think she can leverage on it like Sui.
>>
>>87552075
She's pushed hard by Cover, they'll often interrupt streams on the official channel to say 'hey Suisei has a new song, go check that out!'. She's treated like the leader of Hololive, she's never shown as the butt of the joke besides harmless stuff like Kyou mo chisai, and she's always the center in dances or the second dancer. It helps that her voice is distinct enough to be easily recognizable and she's given enough budget to mass produce songs
I think Bibideba is a trash song that only got popular because of the shoe scene
>>
>>87552483
>no Towa
retard
>>
>>87552483 (me)
i meant memorable for AZKi.
also to add, she's to busy with her husband (me)
>>
>>87552492
She earned all of that.
>>
>>87552075
Absurdly good marketing, decent talent, non-risky character design.
They know how to give her a mass appeal outside of the standard stream viewer. A good example of this is her videos with The First Take(linked)
https://youtu.be/AAsRtnbDs-0
>>
>>87552509
I like Twappi, but her voice is too much of a filter to be mainstream big.

i just think she isn't mainstream material alone, might work in a group setting like Ao.

I also forgot Polka, i think her singing is very hit or miss, it's either she's killing it or it's literally unlistenable.

Chloe is only good for cumming.
>>
>>87552528
Suisei has worked hard, but she's not the only one who did. It's not a question of earning her success, she was just at the right place at the right time and had the right mindset that worked well with Cover wanting to make money
>>
File: yeah.png (269 KB, 531x395)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>87552075
I REALLY LIKE『夜を待つよ』
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX7ldIKFD60
you don't need to be the best, OP, just GOOD ENUFF
>>
>>87552075
She's smarter than you.
She's sexier than you.
She's richer than you.
She's better than you in every way. Otherwise you would be the one on the top, not this woman.

But one thing is true, it's not nepotism unlike 99% of dumb people on the "top" of anything out there.
>>
>>87552623
Cover gave her nothing at the beginning. She was left to rot and had to fight for everything.
They only give her resources now because she has proven to be marketable due to her own persistence.
>>
>>87552075
Spreading her legs. She is not someone who should be allowed in Hololive.
>>
>>87552767
Where did the blue woman (not) touch you anon?
>>
>>87552778
I wish the blue woman would touch me
>>
>>87552778
I am not seething. Suisei doesn't make me mad.
She's just not very talented and her tiktok bait songs are hurting the soul of Hololive.
>>
>>87552322
Lmao. Japan isn't like Hollywood anon
>>
>>87552075
>be flat
>success
its that easy
>>
File: 5k2o5su1g7.jpg (225 KB, 742x1000)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>87552808

I dunno anon you sounds kinda mad to me kek
>>
>>87552705
Oh please, Suisei joined INNK in May 2019 and was transferred to proper Hololive in late November of the same year and was promoted regularly by AZKi on her lives. "Suisei had nothing and had to struggle for everything" is so overplayed for a situation that lasted half a year when other holos also have to fight to get resources on their projects even now
Same thing as "Towa was harassed so badly for having a male's voice on her stream" when the reality is that she just lost some viewers and was supported just a few weeks later by kaigais who wanted to go against the evil idol culture
>>
>>87552492
>She's pushed hard by Cover, they'll often interrupt streams on the official channel to say 'hey Suisei has a new song, go check that out!'.
when the fuck has this ever happened? see this shit? this is why people don't take you seriously.
>>
>>87552821
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>87552075
Because I willed it to be so!
>>
She was shipping herself with Aqua and combined with the Towa anti-AquSui running gag this made Startend a really interesting idol group that fed Sui's solo career as well. Cover are trying to build Miko up as an idol now but I think Startend was more interesting for the fans.
Miko is elite so we'll have to wait and see how it plays out for the new idol duo meanwhile Towa seems to be getting the worst of it but her subs are nowhere near any of the other girls and it's a harsh industry
>>
>>87552075
Having sex with executives and producers obviously.
All the vtubers woth "popular" music are huge whores and don't stream because they don't dare to face their fans after a week of getting plapped.
>>
>>87552821
True. Japan is much, MUCH worse than Hollywood.
>>
>>87552899
Not mad at all. I just call it like I see it.
Her popularity is artificial and she is popular with people who hate Hololive like Nijisanji fans.
>>
I don't like her personality or songs, but she has had some luck, the exposure hololive brings, and is persistent. She advertises her songs without shame. She puts in the effort to get above average songs.
>>87552322
This is the answer OP was fishing for, and this post might even be OP.
>>87552808
If you haven't noticed, they're baiting tiktok in hololive now. It's not just her.
>>
>>87552821
You're right, there's pop stars in Hollywood who've actually managed to get their boots off the ground without sucking dick.
>>
>>87552419
Gay post
>>
>>87552075
Kuzuha is bigger than suisei btw.
>>
File: 6554172.jpg (306 KB, 1280x1655)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>87552483
>too much of an otaku and got groomed by onigirya
Yea, me.
>>
File: soda.jpg (80 KB, 850x1511)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>87553742
The gayest.
>>
>>87553009
https://www.youtube.com/live/8ssW4JqdpcU?si=O5SLI4OIg0lSYoYZ&t=10293
Tourists like you take this board seriously exactly because this is where information is spread
>>
>>87553986
where's the interruption?
>>
>>87552075
She's the "my wife's son" of vtubing. There is a place for that in the media landscape and she fills it. Does it make her a real artist, respectable, and a leader? No, in fact the opposite. She's slop.
>>
>>87554120
Right there
>>
>>87554219
idk, it looked like the news section at the end of the stream.
not the first time it happened, and not the only holo that did it.
>>
>>87552075
>She obviously isn't way more talented than her peers or anything.
Let me guess, you think Gura is better?
>>
>>87554302
Suisei herself agrees with him though.
>>
>>87552139
Maybe top 10, but I like her more because something about her makes me hard. She’s a more complete package
>>
>>87554365
Him?
>>
>>87552483
ERB is the best singer in hololive whether you like it or not
>>
>>87552075
She got there because most vtubers music isn’t actually that good.
>>
>>87554398
fuck no. she's literally a one trick pony. But I'll give it to you, she's really good at that one trick.
>>
Hello niggas, I love Suisei
>>
>>87553202
>Miko
>new
she's been a duo with Miko way before startend existed, newfriend
>>
File: 1696516714637832.png (172 KB, 673x529)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>suischizo thread
>>
>>87553749
bigger at what?
all of his original songs are flop lmao
>>
>>87552483
I'm surprised Marine isn't mentioned even though her songs are by far the best in Hololive.
>>
>>87555350
I hate that people name schizos and they become board celebrities. Come on, this is 4chan. There is no suischizo, it's just some label given to people who talk about Suisei in a way they do not agree with.
>>
>>87555755
Marine isn't good at singing, she's good at producing popular songs, which matters way more.
>>
>>87555755
Marine is neither fit to nor wants to be "mainstream" popular the way sui wants to be, and that's perfectly fine. Maribako would never get to, say music japan or kohaku
>>
>>87555755
Marine can't sing and her songs are not mainstream.

>>87556088
>Marine is neither fit to nor wants to be "mainstream" popular the way sui wants to be
She absolutely wants mainstream popularity. It's literally why she stopped streaming to go the Suisei route.
>>
>>87556179
She stopped streaming because she has depression, schizochama.
>>
>>87556179
you don't make comer bait song to be "mainstream" popular. at least not in japan.
>>
>>87556025
t. boardcelebschizo
>>
>>87556261
She might say that but she is clearly just doing what Suisei is doing.

>>87556287
True, but there's this funny effect with vtuber music in Japan where normalfags just say "all vtubers are disgusting" when Marine releases a coomer song while Marine keeps getting more popular.
>>
>>87556357
Popular as in views, subs, and listens maybe but idk if Marine can get herself a record label, even as a partnership like MGO
>>
>>87552102
FPBP
>>
>>87556538
Why does she need a record label? MGO is fairly irrelevant compared to regular Suisei production.
>>
>>87555312
miko is only getting her solo idol push now that aqua is gone she won't even do her first sololive until the end of the month and the thread is about singing careers so micomet literally haven't even been born yet as an idol duo, reading comprehension friend
>>
>>87552075
The same reason why Mori is probably number 2 and Marine is number 3. If you just sit in front of your computer in your home all day, opportunities will not come for you. You need to take initiative and push hard and make connections, which most in Hololive do not do.
>>
>>87558019
Also women are inherently less ambition driven than men, which is why Cover will have a really hard time getting another Suisei.
Most will be content with making enough money to live comfortably and don't have the drive and persistence to aim for higher.
>>
>>87557037
didn't miko announce her album way before aqua shit? i'm too lazy to look up when that 3d live was. cover is pushing anyone who is interested to release an album. it must be profitable.
>>
>>87553202
In the top 100 most watched hololive songs, there are 34 songs featuring Suisei and 1 of them is with Startend. She has more combined views in her 2 songs with Mori.
>>
>>87552102
facts
>>
>>87558458
>>87558544
Just ignore the delusional Aquafag. He's still lashing out at MiComet with jealously like his quitting retard oshi did.
>>
>>87556025
>I hate that people name schizos and they become board celebrities
Saw a few generals die just because of that, it's a shame. I get it, it makes the retards spamming anti shit stop eventually, but it also takes any slightly negative discussion away
>>
>>87558140
>Ambition
So...pre-lung problems Mori not count?
>>
>>87552182
Anon gets it, there's a reason why holomem who are into music gets opinions from suisei and to an extent, Mori
>>
>>87561837
I didn't say anything bad about Mori, she's probably the most hard working holo too. They won't be able to find another Mori either.
>>
>>87552483
>>AZKi
>tons of songs, but barely any are forgetable.
>>87552513
AZKi honestly had better songs before she went full idol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGXgYHlR8ww
>>
>>87562233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fad_0eQIlVo
I listen to this once every two months
>>
Suisei's singing is downplayed a lot by some anons here. She has distinct and appealing singing style which I think sets her music apart from the competition. Purely on a musical standpoint, "singing well" is evidently not all there is to it in selling your music.
>>
>>87552075
anyone can sound good with high-end instruments and resources (to give credit where it's due, Suisei must be good at building connections) then combine that with the fact that she's a ruthless business woman who only makes hype-up songs that appeal to the masses (even her HoneyWorks song still contains parts where she yells jeez she can't chill) and you have the secret to her success
>>
>>87562967
just ignore every other composer and producer saying she has a good voice. That's what /vt/ does.
>>
Bait thread, but here's a funny thing for all the newfags and tourists: Karaoke streams are debuff streams, most vtubers get less viewers during their singing than during their regular gaming streams. Very few indeed get more numbers. Back in 2020-2022 when even the top vtubers still had time to stream there were approximately three big (I'm sure anon's favourite 2view gets 4 viewers for her karaoke) vtubers who could consistently double their usual CCV with a karaoke stream: Hoshimachi Suisei, Houshou Marine, and Inui Toko. (Gura, aside from debut buff, had such a high regular CCV that she struggled to double it, which is impressive in its own way, but aside from that technicality she's not JP, thanks for asking.) By the time Suisei stopped doing regular karaoke, she regularly quadrupled her viewership with her singing. All analysis of why Suisei and Marine are at the top of the VSinging industry (and Toko is the top Nijifemale) should take this into account, but to this day people seem to think karaokes are buffs and nobody remembers historical numbers.
>>
>>87563385
She has a good voice but that's not the sole reason she is popular.
>>
>>87563746
No, she's popular because she works her ass off and puts her self out there to be heard. That's what gets her the opportunity for normies to hear her voice and be like 'hey that's good!' If she just tried to coast by on simply having a pleasant voice she'd just be another name in the pile of chuubas who can sing but nobody really knows who the fuck they are outside of people hardcore into the vsinger niche.
>>
>>87564009
Anon I agree with you and that was my point.
There's hundreds of vsingers with good voices that never make it anywhere.
>>
>>87564146
I want to live in the world where Risu and Mumei took their singing/marketing/branding reps seriously.
>>
>>87552075
https://archive.palanq.win/vt/search/image/Yaycp1pz415pJnwCRhXlpQ/
Obsessed
>>87556025
It's you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.