[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

55 Hours 'til Japanese markets open
How low will Cover drop?

>What happened to Cover?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aNcmY2yydc
Cover violated FTC subcontractor rules after requesting 243 revisions without pay

>Cover releases official statement regarding the violation
https://cover-corp.com/en/news/detail/20241025-01
Cover Corp stated that they already settled the late payments for the specified subcontractor
>>
File: 1729843933600617.png (282 KB, 721x654)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
https://x.com/jftc/status/1849693735396966572
>>
>>88165201
It already dropped to 1493 on PTS and they will probably lose another 50 on Monday because that's how scandals work. But eventually things will go back to normal when the drama blows away and Miko concert is coming up, which will prop up the price since the stock is so cheap

Also the Yahoo Finance board is currently unusable because of the sheer amount of hate spam there that made the Niji hate raid look tame as fuck
>>
>>88165363
The news was released 2PM on a Friday anon
Not enough time for investors to pull out, Monday will be a bloodbath
>>
>>88165503
Anon

The 700 yen drop happened in PTS before Google Finance updated it the next day when the whole shitstorm dropped on Feb 4

If they wanna dump it, they would dump it. But clearly the drama was not severe enough to cause short-maxxing
>>
>>88165201
Are these laws to blame for Gura still not getting proper rigging?
>>
>>88165602 (me)
Imagine PTS a place where you continue doing the trades between 2PM and 7AM next day. Like United States' "After hours" thing

That's why you saw a sudden rise or drop when you check Google Finance chart the next day it opens. PTS is the one that caused that
>>
>>88165310
Aieeee rariemon papa GOMEN
>>
>>88165714
They're honestly terrible fucking laws
>rigger delivers piece of shit barely functional model
>cover requests alterations because it's a piece of shit
>rigger tells them to pound sand
>as long as the work meets the bare minimum contract requirements cover is required to pay them for it, regardless of how shit it looks
>>
>>88165201
https://www.jftc.go.jp/houdou/pressrelease/2024/oct/241025_cover.html
>>
>>88165868
>the law forces you to pay people when they work for you
what the fuck that's bullshit
>>
>>88165201
Not paying workers should be a sign of a good company in the eyes of shareholders though. That means more overhead profit.
>>
>>88165918
>Get a contract to paint your house
>Slap shitty quality paint over everything because you failed to specify the exact type of paint I should use
>Leave streaks and spots all over because you never specified a clean, smooth finish
>Get paint all over your floor because you never contractually required me to cover it up
Pay me fucko
>>
>>88165310
This is why Ina was suspended btw
She stood with her papa and she got the bonk
The visa was just a red herring
>>
I can't believe cover scammed artists out of a whopping *checks notes* $7.5k. Black company amirite.
>>
>>88166341
That's a million yen anon
They just give those to talents every year instead of riggers who do the actual hard work to make it possible
>>
>>88166049
Careers consist of multiple instances of work, dipshit. Repeat work and references are just a little bit important.
>>
>>88165714
Not really
If Cover paid they wouldn't be in this situation to begin with
>>
>>88166049
Kind of funny.
Like how some contracts are more like a Faustian deal made with a Jinn. They will surely find creative ways to grant your "wish".
Happens quite often IRL, that's just how it is.
>>
>>88166341
>it's ok to scam if you have more money than the people you're stealing from
>>
>>88166010
Say that to Nijisanji anon
Nobody wants to invest in a company with toxic PR
>>
>>88166729
That's unironically how every corporation operates.
>>
>>88165201
desu fuck covers riggers with a rusty pole. These fuckwads have to fall to deliver such blatantly awful rigging while indies and third rate corpos get god-tier modelling. Then they have the gall to sue Cover for daring to ask them to make revisions to the pieces of shit they delivered instead of a competent model. Cover should never hire Jap riggers again.
>>
>>88166341
That's the late fees. Not the cost for the 234 revisions
>>
>>88166502
That's why you go bankrupt and start anew after scamming your customers
But yes, hiring a reputable company is pretty important.
>>
>shitpost with numbers
:)
>shitpost with numbers, but cover
Mods delete this blackrock discord kiwifarms bvtm raid thread :(
>>
>>88166857
This violation will just make them toxic in the eyes of western riggers anon
No respecting rigger will work for them after this
This is why they're scrambling for 3D models
>>
>>88167143
anon those revisions also apply to 3d artists....
>>
>>88167114
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/5e0fdb749e5b9a6d5435a3b908ce911c4048991f
This is national news in Japan anon
This thread is just discussing industry news
>>
>>88166341
This whole thing wouldn’t have happened if they had just thrown out that dumb fucking fax machine. Let’s be real here.
>>
>>88166729
>>it's ok to scam if you have more money than the people you're stealing from
Capitalism in a nutshell
>>
>>88165201
Anon, it’s the weekend. Day traders will have moved on by the time the market next opens.
>>
>>88167350
I'm pretty sure their majority shareholders will love the news of Cover breaking FTC rules
>>
File: 1720315953638282.png (755 KB, 1536x864)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
>Failed race
>Now this
Karma's a bitch ain't it holofags
>>
>>88167114
Kek
Holosisters?
>>
File: 1707761057782820.jpg (240 KB, 1281x726)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
honestly this probably won't be too much of a big deal for Cover, the level is just too minor for people to latch on to it for long. Even japanese BBS seems to have run through most of the discussion already.
Pic related is the scale of Nissan's shitaukehou violation to compare, and they basically got away with it after paying late fees too.
What is for sure is that people will talk about this on /vt/ until the end of time of course
>>
>>88165201
yawn, giftcord.
>>
>>88167447
Fuck off dramafag
This could be make it or break it for vtubing as we know it
If Cover becomes a laughing stock in investors' eyes then the entirety of vtubing collapses
>>
>>88166448
>riggers who do the actual hard work
Now say it without laughing.
>>
>>88167447
>Posts the shittest model ever
Ironic
>>
>>88167528
Nissan has literal billions anon
Cover doesn't have that enough money to avoid penalties
>>
>>88166913
[citation needed]
>>
>>88167873
Esl
>>
>>88166049
If indies can get proper rigging and modelling there's no excuse for cover not to have perfect contracts that include every minute detail.
>>
>>88167981
the revisions are probably cover telling them to make the rigging shittier and more static kek
>>
>>88167873
what do you mean, they literally already already paid all the late payments and interest based on the recommendations as per both their statement and the jap FTC's statement.
The penalties have already been paid.
Unless you mean to say stock but i don't know if it will even lower that much and they aren't really exposed that much with regard to it to begin with
>>
>>88165201
Stop posting this nothingburger again and again dramanig
>>
Here's the qrd:
>FTC presents something they worked on to set an industry standard that also gets codified in an upcoming law
>it's about Cover and the artists they contracted for work, clarifying payments deadlines
>Cover is ok with this because they have already complied with the FTC recommendations
>this will educate the artists on their rights
>this will educate Cover and other corpos to make better contracts and make the necessary follow through
>it's great PR for the FTC, showing taxpayers that they are doing their job
>sisters spin it as the downfall of Hololive in the hands of the government
>>
>>88165714
>243 revisions
>not a single one of them was for their largest and more successful talents model
honestly half of them were probably related to Vesper
>>
>>88168970
>243 revisions
>fuwamoco still only has access to chestnut mouth that expands and contracts
god, at this point I hope that all of them just move to 3D because somefucking how the 3D models have better facial tracking than the live2D
>>
>>88167575
Rigging is not as easy as it looks:
>Sometimes you gotta move bones back into place
>Sometimes you lose facial expressions in the motion capture
>And sometimes your butt itches real bad
>>
>>88167873
...Cover already paid the penalties last year.
>>
>>88169406
>After obtaining confirmation from the Fair Trade Commission, COVER shall promptly pay the subcontractor an amount equivalent to the cost of having the subcontractor redo the delivery free of charge after receiving the delivery due to the act described in (1)(a) above.

>Between July 2022 and February 2024, Cover did not pay the subcontractor fees by the predetermined payment due date to the subcontractors it had commissioned to create information deliverables, despite receiving the subcontractor's services through the acts described in 2(1)(i) above. (The amount of late interest due to the said payment delays was 1,152,642 yen in total for 29 subcontractors)

You fucks are addicted to lying
>>
>>88169406
They paid the artists for the final models, the whole shebang was because they delayed the final payment because they kept asking for revisions and the FTC gave Cover a heads up about an upcoming law regulating freelance and commissioned work and Cover agreed to comply woth the new regulations and pay the riggers for the revisions and late fees
>>
>>88165363
Oh nice, I'll be able to buy up some more cover stock for cheap. I think I have a 200 buy order at 1425 that's still there, will have to check again to make sure
>>
>>88169478
All of the cases presented were already fully paid in 2023. And you fucks? The only faction I belong to is my ass.
>>
>>88170363
>All of the cases presented were already fully paid in 2023
No, they weren't. They was the original payment in the contract. Not the late fees or revision costs. They only started paying the late fees last month. They're forced to pay revisions now
>>
>>88170465
wait didnt it say that they already paid?
>>
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 690x803)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
after 2 stock buybacks and offering 3% dividends, how the fuck is Anycolor only 150 yen above their all-time low?
>>
>>88170752
See
>>88170062
>>
File: Capture.png (46 KB, 670x794)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>88170756
it's kind of funny how close their graphs mirror each other.
>>
>>88170752
Paid for the original cost said in the contract? Yes
Paid the late fees said in the contract? Not until last month
Paid for the revisions that artists were forced to do for free? No
>>
>>88170821
Fuck off with your cope. They broke the subcontractor act which is already a well established law. They literally admitted this in their letter
>>
>>88170874
well, yeah.
Investors don't know shit about the different companies and think that if AC fucks up, Cover does too. Every drop mirrors AC's except for the one in february.
>>
>>88170756
>>88170874
>Japanese stocks
Not even once
>>
Was this just on the JP side or did it include other branches?
>>
File: 1722348621464109.jpg (298 KB, 1500x2193)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
/biz/bros are always so dramatic
I guess everything in life seems exciting when it's your life's purpose to watch a line go up and down
>>
>>88170874
>>88170996
It's funny because of how much anycolor dumped into stock buybacks.
>>
>>88167981
>indies don't ask for revisions
holy retard. you are not even care about indies scene huh?
>>
>>88165201
nothingburger, holoboard
>>
>>88168930
not a single rep. i wonder why.
>>
>>88166341
And you know what the dumb part was? The project payment was fully paid on the 1st month, it was the revision part that they didn't clarify.
>>
>>88165201
I'm buying the dip. Such easy money kek.
>>
>>88171765
The sheer irony is that unless something catastrophic happens, most stock investors don't base their decisions on fluctuations durong a single day, it's usually just people with crypto brainrot.
>>
>did not set reviews before the deadline in the contract
>did not include revision and late feature request fees inntheor quotation
Why are artists so fucking retarded
>>
File: Man.jpg (212 KB, 1080x1340)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>88165310
Kinda crazy to see almost 100 corpos did the same shit it's like the work culture lmao. Unfortunately cover got hit harder because they are popular. Now I want yagoo naked dogeza
>>
>>88165201
They've been fucking up a lot lately.
>>
>>88167981
Plenty of indies get scammed, even big ones. Also some scam artists or riggers.
>>
They should've start to hire in-house artists and rigger now. Look at niji, they abandoned their "lowest" talents and yet they don't have problem with "artists" since 2018. also the same reason why niji hired in-house artists and rigger
>>
>>88176781
Niji rigging looks like fucking shit though
>>
>>88165201
Good time to buy the dip
>>
>>88176781
I have yet to see a single Niji with good rigging. Raora's rigging alone mogs the entirety of Niji's rigging.
>>
File: 1729871030523634.png (298 KB, 600x618)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>
>>88175620
They are still middle of the pack in terms of how bad 2024 has been in comparison to the blowing up, closure or acquisition of many smaller corpos or scandals with Niji having the biggest one. That being said, there are definitely Vtubing companies that are doing a lot better than Cover this year.
>>
>>88165201
Black corpo
>>
why is a biz thread on vt
>>
>>88174395
who posted this, another rigger?
>>
>>88178740
lmao which ones
>>
>>88180486
Because /biz/ won’t stop coming /here/ to shit it up after one fag went over there and poked the retard hive.
>>
>>88181266
Off the top of my head that mostly concern me, smaller corpos like Pixellink, Specialite and even Vallure are doing fine. For anyone bigger, any of the Brave Group affiliates (V4Mirai, VSPO EN, globie) and Phase Connect have their fair share of yabs but nothing to the extent of a termination or graduation which Cover suffered. So yeah, there's a bunch of groups that are doing better objectively on that front.
>>
>>88177236
I hope raora's rigger getting paid for their honest work. Imagine if gura rigger got paid the same amount of raora's...
>>
>>88182235
i wouldnt really call voluntary graduations yabs, hell like 3 willing grads from 70 talents across 6 years just seems like normal turnover to me.
this subcontract thing and the visa thing id consider actual fuck ups. and yet cover grew YoY according to the vstats yearly report, almost reaching 50% market share.
>>
>>88182626
Anon, there is no nuance here and there is nothing to defend about Cover's positioning because objectively it is what it is. The companies I named didn't have those events happen to them and Cover did. End of story.
>>
>>88182939
graduations arent bad things unless people are jumping ship
i dont think you can really say anyone is doing better than cover is what im saying
>>
>>88178740
>>That being said, there are definitely Vtubing companies that are doing a lot better than Cover this year.
I believe it’s time to put the crack pipe down, anon.
>>
>>88183157
That's certainly a very subjective assessment of a graduation especially when we have said person who "graduated" debuting today as an indie. Per your criteria, this still is an issue as said talent is actually jumping ship to be independent. You also seem to be hyperfocused on graduations only which the English side of Hololive itself qualifies for when I was talking about the entire company itself (Cover) which means Mel's termination has to be counted in as well.
>>
>>88183486
You can tout having retained chuubas all you want, it makes no real difference when the needle doesn’t budge on every other metric.
>>
>>88183329
I don't believe you were following the conversation and are hyperfixated on what I said without context. So let me clarify for your tribal monkey brain what I meant.
There are companies who have been doing better in not "fucking up"(>>88175620) than Cover has this year.
>>
>>88183486
a termination isn't a graduation for one, and really why is sakuna or dooby redebuting supposed to be a bad thing? Hell, why is it that talents being given the freedom to leave of their own accord and choose their own destinies supposed to be construed into a negative?
Are you seriously implying that Cover should shackle them with 10 year contracts and non competes like in K-pop or else it would show weakness if they left?
It's a different issue altogether when people are jumping ship from a failing branch or a corp that they see has no future.
Also don't talk about subjective assessments when the whole issue is your vague assertion of "Vtubing companies that are doing a lot better than Cover this year." when there are objective statistics that go against that.
A minicorp of five 1views could have been operational for the past half year, does that mean they're doing better than cover because they had less fuckups and less graduations?
>>
>>88183760
Anon, they can “not fuck up” all year long, what dent do they tangibly make by doing so?
>>
>>88183723
I will take your concession, thank you. And I was never talking about anything other metric so it matters not about "winning" those other things that aren't relevant to this line of conversation.
>>88183785
I'll accept your concession too. None of your other ramblings touches on the original line of talk except for this.
>A minicorp of five 1views could have been operational for the past half year, does that mean they're doing better than cover because they had less fuckups and less graduations?
Yes on having less fuckups and graduations and terminations which is how the line of conversation started. No if you include other stuff not relevant which you can certainly do but I won't care.
>>88183895
I am going to also take your concession too. And sure, you can argue it doesn't matter all day long, I don't give a damn. Cover isn't infallible nor is anyone else. None of the companies I named haven't had at least one yab that has happened to them no matter how microscopic but it doesn't mean they aren't doing better on the fuckup scale per what was defined.
>>
>>88183760
"That being said, there are definitely Vtubing companies that are doing a lot better than Cover this year." does not readily imply having the same topic of "number of fuckups" as the first sentence in your post or the post you replied to. Hell, the first sentence in your post doesn't even necessarily restrict he topic to number of fuck ups.
Of course people will take you to mean in general when you're using general terms.
Either way, you either suck at writing/communicating or are making excuses
>>
>>88173709
>Retail investors
>In Japan
I doubt those retards are savvy enough to even foreign stocks
>>
>>88168930
>sisters spin it as the downfall of Hololive in the hands of the government
they do that with everything
>>
>>88168930
You left out a very important part anon
The report itself was done on Friday
If they want to make an example they'd report their ass on Monday before markets open
>>
>>88167573
No that just means Yagoo can buy back his company's stock and go private again.
>>
>>88184186
the graduations are literally not bad things. I can't really understand your line of thinking. They're willing partners and the graduations are willing separations. How the fuck is that supposed to be a yab? Again, do you seriously want them to keep talents shackled to them? Even if said talents personally think their goals have become misaligned? You mentioned Niji, so I feel it has to be mentioned that the situation is absolutely not the same between something like Aqua's willing graduation and the shit that went down in NijiEN where unjust terminations happened, past talents started shittalking them, there was an entire shitstorm, and now people are jumping ship after the branch got gutted.
Mel's termination is a yab yes, but it's not really on Cover since they weren't the ones who broke contract stipulations.
You'd make half a point if you mentioned actual fuckups like ina visa or subcontractors but you don't.
>>
>>88169390
kek
>>
>>88184596
Going private because of stock buybacks is a death sentence
>>
>>88183157
Cover lost 5 talents in one. Two fired and three quiting.
>>
>>88180486
This is the only way to talk about the Cover FTC violation without the typical dramafag console war
>>
>>88185037
a-chan had to leave because of sick family member according to her, aqua left because of creative differences (i think she just wants to stream atm and she's accomplished most of her goals in holo. plus she joined before direction fully concretized), ame literally has a wwe legends contract with them, and I only remember mel getting fired.
I really can't see why cover is supposed to look bad from this all. Again, they aren't supposed to keep the talents shackled to them forever, no matter what dumbasses on the net think
>>
>>88185610
This
Ina's visa fuckup and this current FTC situation have been the only bad things that happened to Cover this year
Those were the only ones where Cover made public apologies
The rest are just symptoms of Hololive becoming a full pledged idol agency, graduations are just inevitable especially for the very first talents
>>
>>88185610
>I only remember mel getting fired
They also terminated one of the homos
>>
>>88185610
>a-chan had to leave because of sick family member
DYRBI
>Aqua left because of creative differences
I'm pretty she shit on management one stream and got forced to play defense after
>Ame has a legends contract
And she left then immediately started streaming again
>Only Mel got fired
How could you forget Gamma getting fired for vague reasons and Nene going on an indefinite hiatus for vague reasons only a day after?
>>88186052
>The only bad things to happen to Cover
Rormao
>>
I hope they start graduating, no one deserve to work under black company, am I right holobros? :^ )
>>
>>88188622
I'll only watch some Holo members once they graduate. I refuse to support a company that scams it's workers
>>
File: ihz7rx.png (34 KB, 156x154)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>88168930
>this will educate Cover and other corpos to make better contracts
Except
>>
>>88191055
Completely and utterly mind broken
>>
>>88188622
>>88189839
Work on your subtlety, NDF.
>>
>>88184961
Maybe if you’re Riku, yeah
>>
>>88184596
>Completely crashing in the stock market is a good thing actually
>>
>>88165201
Grim
>>
So did it crash
>>
>>88197864
It's been crashing for a long time
>>
>>88187130
Console war thread is that way dumbass
>>
>>88197864
Markets don't open until Monday anon
>>
>>88167981
dude...
>>
>>88168930
>this will educate Cover and other corpos to make better contracts and make the necessary follow through
This will teach them to find cheap artists (from other countries if possible) and blacklist forever the slower/talking ones.
>>
File: 1727958215115733.jpg (555 KB, 1339x2470)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
Fuck my life, I bought on Wednesday at 1585. Monday will be a bloodbath, although I have no doubts that they will recover. Hopefully quickly, otherwise I'll just end up having to baghold.
>>
>>88167981
Cover already has an inhouse rigger and they're painfully unaware of her rigging capabilities
>>
>>88170996
Yep, and if there's a hit to cover on monday, it will also be reflected by anycolor on monday too.
>>
>>88165201
GET FUCKED, FAGOO
>>
>>88206874
Thanks for the bump consolewar shitter
Now read the thread very slowly
>>
>>88165201
rip
>>
>>88197864
2 more days anon
>>
>>88165201
Stop hiring free lancer for unknown project such as Holo earth lol
>>
>>88171627
I own ntdoy but otherwise i agree
>>
>>88165201
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.