[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

ESL pov.

It'll always be weird and dishonest-looking for me to witness someone, particularly any sort of public figure/influencer, saying "oh I'm from this place (latino, korean, japanese, chinese, jew, lebanese etc)", cause if we were to deduce the historical context plus circumstances, the person and their family are probably on their 3rd~5th generation or so on, living in their current region/country.

Particularly I doubt very much she's "daughter of a imigrant parent/2nd generation".
>>
>>88205237
There's nothing special about the patch of dirt you stand on. If you look at human genome databases, you'll see that white Americans in Utah are virtually identical to Western Europeans. And why wouldn't they be? We reproduce by passing on genes. How much does a different temperature matter? How much does a different elevation matter? Do they eat different food? Not really. What are you expecting to be different?
>>
>>88205237
>Emmy winning Dooby
This shit has the same sentiment as Penguinz0 saying "I played in Hunger Games" and it's some random ass cameo that no movie-goers care
>>
>>88205237
Most Cubans in the US are first-generation immigrants, most of the rest are second-generation. There really weren't many Cubans in the US before Castro took over, and even then immigration really only took off in the 1980s. Ame is most likely second-generation, if not she'd descend from a very small number of elite Cubans who moved here either before or in the immediate aftermath of the communist revolution.
>>
>>88205237
she invited the /pol/tards by saying this. zero sympathy for her.
>>
>>88206001
TL;DR "she's virtue signaling by deliberately mentioning her parents hispanic roots" is what Op was trying convey perhaps.
>"Im from cuba! I mean I'm actually american, but.."
>>
I think if you've reached the point where someone stating a simple fact about themselves is a 'strat' you might be beyond helping.
>>
>>88205237
Why is her model coloring so flat?
>>88206678
Considering she grew up impoverished with deadbeat parents, she's not from an elite family.
>>
>>88208940
>Why is her model coloring so flat?
intentional design choice that's part of yoolie's signature style.
>>
>>88206093
She said she was a foley artist, which is the person who makes all the sound effects.
After a quick imdb search you can find her, from there see the show she worked on got an emmy for "outstanding sound editing" and "outstanding sound mixing"
Foley would probably fall under the editing one. Since the other members of the team were listed as foley editor/foley mixer, whereas she was listed as foley artist, not to mention she is credited with 23 episodes whereas the others were 13 eps, 1 ep, and 1 ep each, I'd say her claim is valid.
>>
>>88205237
Doki also talked about being chinese
Identity is important to people so it's the first thing they'll talk about once the veil is lifted
Unlikely to be relevant again
>>
>>88206678
Nope, decades before the likes of Castro, Chavez, Ortega and the other satellite despots in latam, bolivian writers, cuban and venezuelan businessman, had settled/exchanges in places such florida and illinois.
Of course, eventually, their private and partner properties, factories, all "means of production seized" by government, written off as "traitors" etc.
>>
If you've seen any of the recent Disney movies, then you know that you need a "special background" to work in Western entertainment.
>>
She's not from Cuba. She's from America. Her parents might be. But she looks too white to be from Cuba
>>
>>88209255
an award for best belch because she can't breathe air properly
>>
>>88207892
So? a lot of americans are 1st/2nd gen hispanics from various locations
>>
>>88206001
>There's nothing special about the patch of dirt you stand on.
Only people from shit patches of dirt say this.
>>
>>88209255
>found her, she was a man all along
>>
>>88214394
Magic Dirt Theory is the name given to ridicule the globalist idea that third-worlders moving to a first-world nation will magically turn into model citizens and be able to integrate into the society. I.e. the dirt they stand on magically transforms them and overwrites their original culture and genetic predispositions.
It's not the dirt that matters but who lives on it.
>>
I can't believe Ame is a damn taco.
>>
>>88212556
This and for the anon who said she must come from an elite cuban family who fled to the US, sorry but her family environment looks like typical american white trash.
>>
>>88205237
That's how Americans talk about their ancestors.
>>
>>88214305
hispanic isnt even a real race
>>
>>88215729
She's not a taco, she's a cigar
>>
>>88216564
This, it isn't some sinister ploy to manipulate public perception, it's just a slightly awkward way of saying "my family originally comes from Cuba"
>>
>>88206001
We're all stardust on a rock in space!! I HECKING LOVE SCIENCE!!!!!!!
>>
>>88214409
kek
>>
>>88217162
she's not cuban, but the flags are the same but different colors
>>
>>88205237
>american here, I'm actually Cherokee because I'm 1/1000th cherokee and have a certificate to prove it! Also I go to italy and tell them how italian I am because great-granpa was from corsica!
Sugoi!
>>
>>88205237
>Cuban
No wonder her family are leeches
>>
>>88214305
They unironically don't count
>>
I can't wait for Doobie to cover something from Silvio Rodríguez!
>>
>>88205237
>Yeah I am a proud Cuban who speaks Spanish!!!!
>says "hola, como estas" in the whitest accent possible
just from that you can tell she's probably someone who doesn't really hold a lot of connection to that culture and just kind of used it as a way to seem unique.
>>
>>88220674
Cool story anon that's not even what she said
>>
>>88205237
Cubans escaped from their country to the US for good reasons, her family did that, her father also escaped, but from her family
>>
>>88209255
>outstanding sound mixing
>her voice was nonexistent in 4 years of collabs because of her settings
Fraudulent award if you ask me.
>>
>>88222876
>Only white people of European descent can really be American
You've never been to the US if you seriously think that. It's called the melting pot for a reason.
>>
>>88223083
I'm an American any my ancestors fought in the Revolution. What I say is the truth. There are real Americans and there are tourists.
>>
>>88222876
Spoke like a true european
>>
>>88223158
You sound more like the idiots who fought in the civil war than the revolutionary one.
>>
>>88205237
>Emmy winning Dooby
bitch i looked up the IMDB of the movie in question. there are 21 people in that fucking sound team and she was not in a leading position.

are we starting to see her real face? a bragger who needs constant affirmation?
>>
>>88222152
Her accent was incredibly gringo. No way her parents are 1st generation immigrants. If her parents were Cuban immigrants she would be able to talk with at least a somewhat realistic accent.
>>
>>88205237
her spanish sounded really broken lol
>>
>>88223463
>sound team
And how many were in charge of foley?
And what is their combined episode count compared to hers?
>>
>>88224040
>And how many were in charge of foley?
oh u wanna play this game faggot?
guess she got no game into the Emmy at all then bitch

Awards
At the 44th Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards, the series won Outstanding Children's Animated Program, Outstanding Sound Editing - Animation, Outstanding Sound Mixing - Animation, and was nominated for Outstanding Writing in an Animated Program, and Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special.[3][4]
>>
>>88222876
>Only white people of European descent can really be American
>*Old Stock Anglo-Saxon descent
Fixed it for you bud
An African American that had his ancestors here since the seventeenth century, is a million times more American than some Ellis Island mongrel that had his Polish-Greek-Italian ancestors step off the boat a few decades ago.
>>
>>88209255
I must be missing something, on the imdb page I only find 3 foley editor or mixers.
>>
>>88224416
Anon, NTA, but the fuck are you talking about?
The sound mixing section includes Foley.
>>
>>88224630
I hate them but unfortunately agree.
>>
>>88221254
That's the thing anon, for us you are not Hispanic if you have not lived in Latam, if you have , you have all the rights to say you are Hispanic , but that's beside the points, you are first your nationality , American, German, British, Australian , later you are you regionality European, Asian, Anglo, African, Hispanic/Latino (Hispanic englobes only Spanish speaking countries Latino is more inclusive) and last you are your race, white, black, asian, inuit, native whatever. There seems to be such a lack of national identity due to the expanse and regionality of America that they rather do the thing backwards . That does not compute to a big chunk of the world
>>
>>88223455
yeah imagine dying to fuck over your fellow Americans and to release the locusts all over your lands
>>
>>88224744
that was exactly my point, that it belongs to the sound team
>>
>>88224883
Yeah, like I said. You're not American and your opinion is as worthless as your defunct flag.
>>
>>88223463
So this is the reason she had a chip on her shoulder about being Gura "sidekick"?
>>
>>88223463
>>are we starting to see her real face? a bragger who needs constant affirmation?

You realize most vtubers are women right?
>>
>>88225147
Was she viewed that way?
I always kind of thought of them more as a dynamic duo.
But then I only pay attention sometimes.
>>
>>88225367
I take you were not around for their first year in hololive
>>
>>88223463
>a bragger who needs constant affirmation?
Well, imagine being the small fish in the gen compared to her genmates, now she is the big fish in the smaller pond.
>>
>>88225491
No I was, but I didn't frequent /vt/, so that might be it.
Amesame colabs were the few streams I would actually watch all the way through.
>>
>>88225629
Anon, ame literally made a statement about it when people would go "lmao gura started her stream I'm out, bye", "where is the shark girl?"
It wasn't just a here thing.
>>
>>88225729
Fair enough, maybe I wasn't paying as much attention at the time.

What did Ame say about it exactly? I remember for a while there was a rule about not bringing up other holomems or streamers.
>>
>>88223463
>a bragger who needs constant affirmation?
there was no other reason for talking about those things
and then to just play modest and pretend oh it is all so emberassing, oh no the success, please stop praising me chat...she is Kiara 2.0
>>
>>88226114
>she is Kiara 2.0
That truly would be the worst outcome...
>>
>>88205237
I'm sorry but this kind of post looks psychotic to anyone from America. You're not just ESL but you're third world also.
>>
>first stream out of holo
>literally doxes herself for attention
"Ame doko?" indeed, I don't even know her anymore.
>>
>>88226372
I dont think it was for attention, it was to get ahead of it. She finally has the option to say who she is so she doesnt have to dance around it and so she took it.
>>
>>88222433
the way she brought it up proves she sees it as a quirk not a part of her identity.
>>
>>88214409
fake and gay, typical vshitshow deflection post so people don't look into their creators past
>>
Is there a reason why she had to hide her Cuban background?

>It's to protect kayfabe!
That Hakka guy always brings up that he's Mexican and his model is of an asian twink wearing asian clothes
>>
>>88214409
EXPLAIN HOLOBROS?
>>
File: 89295036.jpg (287 KB, 661x661)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>88226630
holy shit
>>
>>88225931
NTA but in general chumbuds were kind of a group of assholes back then about other holos.
I still remember that time they barged into Fubuki's stream to gloat about how Gura beat her to 1 mil as if it was something appropriate to brag about in somebody else's channel, much less during their stream.
>>
>>88216564
this
>>
File: 1455487993041.jpg (9 KB, 263x191)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>88205237
>Gusano-American

Maybe it's for the best I try and know as little about vtuber RL struff as possible
>>
File: GaRqYnNXYAAE7vd.png (308 KB, 730x330)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>88227054
>
>>
>>88212556
Being born in America doesn't make you whiter than if you were born in Cuba unless you're talking about a tan
>>
File: 1717614811493735.png (185 KB, 463x453)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>88226630
>>
>>88214409
KEKAROOO
>>
>>88205237
Every American does this. No you aren't Irish dude, your family have been living in America for 150 years
>>
File: 1721488438122682.png (22 KB, 794x67)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>88214409
Damn she's been in some real hits
>>
>>88224710
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4677846/fullcredits/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.