[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Recommend me a new phone that isn't a slabshit phallus-sized headphonejack-less piece of shit that I need to hold with two hands to use. I've tried asking /spg/ on /g/, but there are too many shills there. I'm looking either for a regular smartphone, or a flip phone--any type of flip phone; I'm okay with dumbphones, but I'd rather not use KaiOS shit or creaseshit. The last phone I really liked was my Samsung J3 Prime from 2017. That lil' nigga is still going strong; it has longer battery life than my new slabshit samshit phone that tickles my autism when I put it in my pocket.

Here are the rest of my demands:
>preferably Android, not some KaiOS spin-off
>Less than 141mm x 71mm x 8.7mm, or within a few mm of error
>Unlocked
>3.5mm headphone jack
>USB-C is a plus

>tl;dr
Recommend me a smart phone phone with dimensions similar to 141mm x 71mm x 8.7mm, or a flip phone--preferably from the Asian market that can be made to work (reliably) in the states. I know of the Nokia flip phones, but I've heard that they're unreliable pieces of shit.
>>
>>1455508
bump
>>
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3? lets you search phones by almost any parameter you can think of.
>>
>>1455508
Sony xperia
>>
>>1455508
Oppo have been pretty good
>>
>>1455508
I use a Galaxy A02s, it still has the headphone jack and if you don't game on it, it works great for everything else.
>>
>>1455508
I have much the same concern, I don’t like large objects in my pockets. So I have an iPhone 13 Mini that I got back in November ‘21 and I am dreading my upgrade path now that Apple discontinued the mini line because consumers want massive phones so it wasn’t selling.

Luckily it isn’t Android, so I’ll be getting updates for a few more years and I don’t notice any slowness in daily use. I’ll need to replace the battery soon though for like $100.
>>
>>1455508
bump
>>
File: 1711972429648109.jpg (68 KB, 960x526)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>1455508
OP here. I'd like to add that I want a version of Android that isn't absolute cancer. I think my latest phone is on Android 13. That version is an unresponsive piece of shit. It takes minutes to start up when I power it off and power it back on. My Android 4 and 7 devices start up immediately. This bullshit is UNACCEPTABLE. No doubt that it's taking that long to load up both the US glow-ware and Beijing spyware bundled with it. Alternative Android ROM comparability may be a bit too much to ask considering everything else I'm asking for; it'll restrict it to just a handful of phones, so it's not a hard fast requirement, but I'd still like to know what my options are. Also, physical buttons are a plus. I know that physical components are typically what fail first when it comes to electronics, but I just like the tactile feedback.

I'd like to mention that I'm a bit of a poorfag--frugalfag is what I consider myself--so my budget is around $100-$200--maybe $300 if it's really worth it.
>>1455843
I saw this on /g/'s /spg/. There's another one included in the OP. Which is the most comprehensive?
>>1455897
What version?
>>1455969
>Galaxy A02s
Mein NIGGA, did you not read the dimensions specified? I've got the 'tism, NIGGA, I through a fit when I feel a cock-sized phone in my pants, NIGGA.
>>1456021
>iPhone 13 Mini
I am kind of considering getting an iPohne since they seem to be the only ones that offer smaller-sized phones--used older models at least. I don't really like the idea of switching over to iPhoner since it's so locked down. I want to be able to run pirated apks and use custom fonts. There's also the matter of me needing to use Anki, and the developers charging Applefags $25 to use it on iOS (lole). If I were to become an Applefag thoughever, which model would you recommend that would fit my needs?
>>
cat s22
>>
bump
>>
Asus zenfone 9
>>
>>1455508
I use a moto g stylus like the one in this pic, it works for pretty much everything I need it for, has an SD card slot, a headphone jack, around 128gb, plus has a ton of customization options, works really well at least for me.
>>
>>1456695
He said no slabshit and suggested reasonable dimensions
I agree that the current Motorola offerings are the best value, it's what I bought. But I just went Motorola to Motorola and I'm annoyed at the size increase. It no longer fits in the usual pocket I carried my phone in, it weighs noticably more, and it physically blocks my radio when I slap it on my cars hands free mount
>>
>>1456738
But it's funny to keep recommending him slabs.
>>
File: 1712983933477635.jpg (34 KB, 640x580)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>1456695
I already took a look at a few models--Moto G included--when I was looking to replace my previous proto-slabshit phone that I got back in 2019. I replaced it at the beginning of 2023 with my current slabshit phallus-sized piece of shit. Are there really no reasonably small-sized options for poorfags? It seems like pretty much every manufacturer except for maybe Apple are super-sizing their shit. Fuck this normalfag-led gay timeline.

That being said, USB-C (not a hard fast requirement), microSD card slot, and a headphone jack are things I'm looking for. I don't really care about base storage since I'm not a retard; I can just stick a x-GB microSD card in it.
>>1456738
>the current Motorola offerings are the best value
Poorfag-wise? Would you recommend I just buy some older model phone then? I've been...out of the loop so to speak, so I don't really know when this whole slabshit trend took place. When's the cutoff date for when phones were still being made reasonably-sized? I'm honestly considering just buying the same model I had back in 2017, a Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime. That shit is still going strong, has better battery life than my slabshit, and the UI and OS is still pretty responsive, unlike my slabshit that takes a while to boot up after turning off my phone. Any issues that might arise from using an older phone like that? Issues with planned obsolescence? It's running Android 7, while my slabshit is on Android 13, I think. The latter is pretty ass desu; it's a sluggish piece of shit. I should mention that I'm not necessaruly looking for a modern replacement; anything recent-ish within the past four years can work.
>>1456767
Sir, please take your bullshit back to /spg/, sir.
>>
>>1456995
One issue that I thought up is security concerns with an outdated version of Android. I suppose this can be mitigated by using an alternative ROM-compatible phone that's of the dimensions that I want. I could also make a build for my specific phone, but I'm a little 'tarded, and it'd take a while--though I think I remember reading through some documentation for LineageOS on how to make a custom build.
>>
>>1455508
Honestly OP, I think you should just return to monkey and get a dumb phone. That's what I'm going to do once I Iphone SE (original, not the new one) starts to die.
>>
File: 1551353375024.jpg (86 KB, 908x601)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1457007
I'm all for it. Any dumb phones you've got your eye on? I've seen people shill some Nokia model flip phone, but have heard other complain of how shit it is--something about dropping calls or not receiving messages properly. I've had my eye on models from the the Asian market, but I can't read moonrunes and don't want to take a baka gaijin リア充 word for it. I've seen faggots on TikTok (I don't use TikTok, just that their cancer trickles down to other social media sites) fag about flip phones and how aesthetic they are, going on this whole rant about how they're doing a digital detox with it or some other virtue seeking bullshit. I won't deny that normalfags certainly have developed a certain level of artificial autism, but it isn't to the same degree that someone who is into ThinkPads or IBM model M's for example would be autistic about them.
>>
>>1457007
Lol enjoy it not working on most networks.
>>
bump
>>
>>1455508
T-Mobile Revvl. Not joking.

Maybe check out Xiaomi and Blitzwolf stuff, no clue whether they have headphones and shit, but they are pretty good.
>>
>>1456995
>I don't really care about base storage since I'm not a retard
it's good to have a decently sized storage space though, a high spaced sd card is supposed to be the cherry on top. Though I do understand where you're coming from, my previous phones charging port stopped working and I refuse to get it fixed because I know some nosy shithead is going to try and go through my files and he'll see all the coomer shit I have on there because I was an idiot and didn't put it all on my sd card.
>>
File: UnihertzJelly2__1_.jpg (52 KB, 1024x768)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1455508
I've been using a Unihertz Jelly 2 for about a year and a half now. I'm very happy with it.
>>
File: 1713580783370779.jpg (32 KB, 941x877)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>1457382
Good shit, nigga. Finally we're getting somewhere. I've seen them before. Idk why I didn't think of them. It's REALLY small though. Not necessarily looking for a chode phone, but I guess this is pretty much the only chode-sized phone running the latest version of Android.

Like I've mentioned above, If I'm not satisfied by what's on the market right now (anything that's still getting updates to the OS), then I'll probably just settle for getting another J3 Prime, or go the route of the flip phone. When I say flip phone, I don't mean crease shit, nor am I explicitly referring to "dumb phones". I don't want to deal with KaiOS bullshit, so I think I'll either look into which Nipshit/Worst Korea flip phones work in the states--either dumb, or full feature running some version of Android; whatever it is that zoomer nostalgiafags are raving about on TikTok.
>>
>>1455508
Asus Zenfone 10
>>
bump
>>
bump II
>>
bump III
>>
Daily bump. Please help me find a proper phone and not another slabshit. My (proverbial) autism does not allow me to be content with this phallus-sized piece of shit; I will keep throwing a fuss until a proper replacement has been found. I will not part ways with a microSD slot nor 3.5mm charger. Fuck modern phone trends, and fuck normalfags for voting with their wallets.
>>
Pixel 4a

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.