[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey bros

So I'm looking for an old article about the Steam.com controversy. If you don't know, Valve doesn't own Steam.com and, for several years, pic related is what you would see if you visited that domain. It was a fairly long article that got into the weeds about who actually owns Steam.com, what they used it for, and why they refused to sell the domain to valve.

Some details about the article:

I can remember there being a part where the author talks about calling a number associated with the site, only to be met with an angry man on the other end of the line. There was also something about the owner not tweeting since 2013.

I have no idea what publication this was in but it's likely defunct now seeing as I can't find it.
>>
File: 1623104755992.png (345 KB, 909x1133)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
I got about this far:
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/text/%22steam%20com%20domain%22/order/asc/
>>
>>1457276
Interesting find! I'm almost 100% sure that what I'm looking for was an article from an actual publication. Might be worth searching "Steam Tunnel Operations" on the wayback machine. That, or doing a wayback search for what happens when you google this topic.
>>
>>1457189
Bump?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.