[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709632142136798.jpg (165 KB, 743x900)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
I need a program that allows me to compare videos to see similarities, like those image comparison programs or pages for image sauces.

Also if possible, a tool that differentiates between an image that is like a copy, but with higher-lower quality, and one that is just an edit.
>>
I know what you're talking about, and with images there's plenty. Best, I think overall is Image Comparer. If you get a cracked version of the most recent one (version 4. something I think?) it uses multiple cores, so it's worth finding.

Videos, I don't think that's an option or at least not viable because of how long it would take for the program to do the comparing. Might as well just look at the shits yourself quickly and tell what the quality is deleting the shittier one.
>>
>>1457588
For videos I only know of FFMetrics which can compare videos but it only shows a rough quality estimations with nubmers and simple graphs compared to the selected "original" or the best quality version video. It's useful for comparing the results when you're trying to convert videos using different setting or software. And if you're going to use it then VMAF method is a bit redundant and more time than the other two so you can turn it off.
But if you really need to compare some small details in the videos then maybe you can split the videos into series of pictures using ffmpeg and compare them frame by frame.
>>
you can write a python script to go through two videos frame by frame and compare them down to the pixel. chatgpt could probably whip up something semi-functional if you dont know how
>>
>>1457690
>>1457695
That's what I thought, at the end of the day videos are a bunch of images.

But if they start at a different frame it's not going to work I think.

I want it, for example, because I have a bunch of videos downloaded with youtube-dlp and wanna know if the user made some edits; some videos seem the same but they had edits by the uploader.
>>
>>1457740
Well then have you tried backing up some of those videos and redownloading them to see if yt-dlp replaces them or downloads the new versions and renames them?
Anyway I think the youtube editor is very limited in terms of what it can do and it's mostly used to cut out blur or mute the copyrighted content so if you have the originals then you already have the "better" versions and you're not missing anything important.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.