[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download-22.jpg (1.16 MB, 7680x4320)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
I want to remain anonymous doing art commissions. How do I set up bitcoin (only to accept bitcoin. Not buy it.) And what kind of program/software should I use for it, to achieve this.
And, no, I do not mean NFT.
I want something that is for android. and that conceals my identify. Low transaction fees, too.
Low fees in general.
>>
if your goal is to remain anonymous then why not just make a paypal with a fake name or something? unless you mean anonymous from the government
>>
>>1457683
do not use bitcoin, bitcoin is not anonymous, bitcoin transaction logs are public. use xmr/monero.

here is a list of monero project-approved mobile clients.
https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/#mobilelight
>>
>>1457684
Isn't using a fake name illegal?
>>
>>1457687
okay i looked it up and using a fake name isnt "illegal" but paypal specifically will ban you if they find out. you can work around this by opening an account for a business.
>>
>>1457694
okay. Thank you for letting me know!
>>
>>1457685
I'm looking at cake wallet and I might go with that?? Or maybe monerujo
I'm not sure which one is better for me.
Or I could just do both??
I wanna download the APK version of cake wallet. But I'm not sure how to install APKs or even how they work.
Don't know how F-droid works either.
I'm wondering, too. Since I'm having a hard time finding out about it. Can you convert monero to USD? Like to real-life real world money that you can fold in your hands. I wanna put it in my bank.
>>
>>1457700
>But I'm not sure how to install APKs or even how they work.
apks are android software stored as packaged files. on most android and bb10 devices you simply tap the apk to open and install it. otherwise check out https://www.wikihow.com/Install-APK-Files-on-Android

>Or I could just do both??
you can, and you can import the same wallet in to both apps, but that's not recommended. i'd suggest picking just 1. alternatively, use a cold wallet, which you can print and store on paper (as well as other mediums, but paper lasts the longest).

> Don't know how F-droid works either.
f-droid is a 3rd party android app store for open source projects.

> Can you convert monero to USD?
yes, you can convert monero to usd or any other currency through a monero exchange. check out https://www.getmonero.org/community/merchants/#exchanges and look for exchanges that support xmr > fiat, fiat meaning "normal" currency like usd.
>>
>>1457703
So APKs are as legit as the apps in any standard app store? You just have to go through the process of installing them yourself instead of letting the app store install them for you?

Wouldn't it be harder for me to receive money from people if I were to print it out in a piece of paper/use a cold wallet? Since I'd have to copy the EXACT address?? Or whatever it is into wherever I need to input it on.

So... a "exchange" is pretty much where you can sell/buy monero/xmr? So I would pretty much need to sell my monero/xmr for usd? I thought I could went to a place or a machine and have it scan a qr code on my phone and it simple as that and it'll give me the physical cash. This seems complex.
I wanna go with localmonero.com. are they compatible with Cake Wallet?
I'm not sure if I should use a online payment method though. Like chime, cashapp.. As those can reveal my identify or might cause fees.
There's other methods too. Like sending a cash through mail but I'm afraid someone will swipe my envelope.
There's also ATM cash deposits but I'm not sure how much of it will conceal my identify.
Person-to-person meeting is the last thing on my mind.
Gift cards brought with cash seem kinda sketchy too.. since the sender buying them can easily buy one online and they can see what ip address it was redeemed/used at.
>>
>>1457683
>open a metawallet via browser plugin
>gives an unique string
>share it to get paid
that's it

who gives a fuck about logs it's not traced to you
>>
>>1457856
(1/2)
> So APKs are as legit as the apps in any standard app store? You just have to go through the process of installing them yourself instead of letting the app store install them for you?
some apks are legitimate and some are not. you choose whether or not you trust an apk rather than letting an app store do verification.

> Wouldn't it be harder for me to receive money from people if I were to print it out in a piece of paper/use a cold wallet? Since I'd have to copy the EXACT address?? Or whatever it is into wherever I need to input it on.
you can note down the public key (which people use to send you xmr) and store it however you like.

> So... a "exchange" is pretty much where you can sell/buy monero/xmr? So I would pretty much need to sell my monero/xmr for usd?
yes, correct

> I thought I could went to a place or a machine and have it scan a qr code on my phone and it simple as that and it'll give me the physical cash. This seems complex.
those are more common with bitcoin but as we discussed bitcoin is not secure.

> I wanna go with localmonero.com. are they compatible with Cake Wallet?
they don't seem to be in operation yet, but, in general, any exchange will be "compatible".

> I'm not sure if I should use a online payment method though. Like chime, cashapp.. As those can reveal my identify or might cause fees.
both of those could reveal your identity but they would be a lot easier.

> There's other methods too. Like sending a cash through mail but I'm afraid someone will swipe my envelope.
cash by mail would be "anonymous" assuming you could get it delivered to somewhere not linked to your identity, but yes there is a real possibility of the money getting swiped.

> There's also ATM cash deposits but I'm not sure how much of it will conceal my identify.
i'm not exactly sure what you mean by this but if you mean "if someone withdraws cash and sends it to me then i deposit it could i be traced" the answer is no.
>>
>>1457856
(2/2)
> Gift cards brought with cash seem kinda sketchy too.. since the sender buying them can easily buy one online and they can see what ip address it was redeemed/used at.
unless law enforcement are looking for you, that's not a concern. the person who buys the gift card won't be able to see your ip.
>>
>>1457913
>>1457915
>they don't seem to be in operation yet
What do you mean? There's tons of people selling and buying on there. We're talking about localmonero.com right.
>>
>>1457921
>localmonero.com
are you typoing localmonero.co? localmonero.co are a fine exchange. localmonero.com doesn't exist yet.

if so, then yes localmonero.co is "compatible" with cakewallet.
>>
>>1457922
Ah. My bad. I assumed it was "com" but it's "co".
I believe that will be all. For now. I've satisfied my curiosity and will keep on digging for more information. I greatly thank you for the questions you've answered for me. I'm thankful for your expertise.
I'd have to weigh my options and see what would be best for me.
>>
>>1457924
good luck with the commissions anon
>>
>>1457859
>>who gives a fuck about logs it's not traced to you
it's traced to you whenever you actually cash out.
>>
>>1457948
and that's with anything crypto
the only thing you can do is a long shell game
but even if you didnt do youre absolutely small time for anyone to care

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.