[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: movie.png (4.27 MB, 2568x2526)
4.27 MB
4.27 MB PNG
I dont remember the name of the movie or the actor

Release Date: Late 1990s or early 2000s based on when I saw it on cable TV.
Plot:
The movie centers around a time travel mission.
The time machine is a giant, spinning structure consisting of multiple concentric rings, resembling a gyroscope. In the very center is a capsule for the astronaut.
The mission involves a single astronaut.
There's a twist related to time dilation: The astronaut experiences a much longer time passage than those on Earth. From Earth's perspective, the mission appears to fail almost instantly as the capsule disappears for a brief moment.
Upon the capsule's reappearance, the crew attempts to verify the astronaut's experiences.
Evidence of the extended journey is unreliable: video recordings malfunction, but there's a very long audio recording that only contains static.
The astronaut likely tries to convince others about his experience based on this static recording.
Additional Details:
The time machine was likely constructed by a government agency like NASA or the military.
I saw the movie on a cable TV movie channel.
The movie's tone was be serious rather than lighthearted.
It was not a teenager movie.
>>
Contact (1997 American film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_(1997_American_film)
>>
>>1457888
>The time machine was likely constructed by a government agency like NASA or the military.

Wrong it constructed by hadden he’s like some Elon musk faggot
>>
>>1457906
He only footed the bill...
...and somehow knew about the 3D alignment part, hmm.
>>
File: 1396878064870.webm (2.9 MB, 950x395)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>
File: 1665419727270582.webm (3 MB, 600x250)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.