[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: no booty.webm (769 KB, 480x360)
769 KB
769 KB WEBM
what's the problem here? Btw, the beep is continuous and I don't have the tools to see if it's bios issue or something else. I also couldn't find error code for this beep but I think it may be power issue. What do? The motherboard is a gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L
>>
>>1471945
Long beeping usually means memory error. Try with 1 ram stick, one of them or both may be broken. Try each slot, they may be broken too.
>>
>>1471948
now i get 8 beeps like these again and again.
>>
>>1471951
Oh I just realized there's sound with the video. Yeah, this sounds like memory issue.
If you already tried both sticks in their own in each slot, try the sticks in a working motherboard and try a working stick in your motherboard. You will see what the problem is. It could be that the memory controller is fucked on the MB.
>>
>>1471951
the continuous beeping was memory
sets of 8 beeps is Display memory read/write test failure
First check the GPU/graphics card hasn't been dislodged. You've got integrated graphics so you should be able to run it without a video card and it should fall back to the integrated graphics which means plug your monitor into the onboard hdmi port.

>>1471945
>I also couldn't find error code for this beep
How could you fail to find a result for "Gigabyte beep code"?
>>
>>1471945
That PC looks ancient
>>
>>1471955
>How could you fail to find a result for "Gigabyte beep code"?
Couldn't find it for this specific model. And No, I don't have any gpu
could it be because of cmos battery failure?
>>1471952
>If you already tried both sticks in their own in each slot, try the sticks in a working motherboard
don't have an additional motherboard m8.
>>
>>1471957
I'm a poorfag and have had it for like 10+ years
>>
CMOS battery, replace it.
>>
>>1471958
>Couldn't find it for this specific model
They don't do different beep codes for each model. Can you imagine how much of a nightmare it would be for a technician if they used a set of 12 beep codes, which is the size of the set, for each of 20 different models or 50 models?

Your motherboard uses AMI bios. If you still can't find the GB beep codes you have a problem.

>could it be because of cmos battery failure?
Yes. Pull the battery. The main purpose nowadays is to keep time.

Pulling battery will reset settings. If it boots at all you may need to enter bios and set the drive boot order because you may not have it plugged in to the default port. Easiest thing is to pull all the drives except your boot drive and plug it into port 0. You can easily change boot order once you're in bios settings.

If computer still won't boot into bios and won't display anything on your monitor it's probably a faulty motherboard component. You'll need to replace that component. It's often cheaper to buy a new motherboard and cpu and power supply than paying someone to identify the faulty part, pull it off, and find a replacement component.

Good luck. Be prepared that you need new hardware because your existing motherboard has failed to the point of being uneconomical to repair.
>>
>>1471982
>>1472017
will get back soon m8s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.