[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My phone took a dump recently. The touch screen doesn't work, and I can't unlock it. I'm trying to access/transfer data and files off the phone and onto my computer but i can't seem to get to them.
I've heard of some methods involving software and cables, and i'm not handy with software and dont want to get the cables unless there's no other choice. I dont know of any other methods, and i need some help, image not related

TL;DR My screen is fucked on my phone and i need to get into the files/transfer them off the phone. Wat do
>>
How do you now have a cable? How do you charge your phone?
>>
>>1472024
What phone? Is usb debugging enabled?
>>
>>1472028
I have a charging cable, USB-C to USB, I also have a USB-C to USB-C cable I tried on my computer and it functioned. The thing is my computer is telling me I need to unlock the phone to allow file transfer. But I can't do that because of how the screen is.

>>1472029
It's a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, I honestly don't know if USB Debugging is enabled or not, it's not anything I looked into or thought of before.
>>
>>1472031
Is your unlock a pin/password or pattern
>>
>>1472039
The unlock is a password, just a series of numbers, but the keypad is on the lower half of the screen which is just a black slate and the tip half has no touch input, at least until today, now neither end has touch input
>>
File: OTG.jpg (16 KB, 474x474)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>1472054
You could try an otg adapter/cable and plug a keyboard into your phone to enter your password.
Pic related.
>>
>>1472055
I was hoping to avoid having to go out and grab the cable but with how today has gone I already have
I'll post back if it all goes well
>>
>>1472065
so all has not gone well, i havent been able to access files on the phone due to not being able to get past the pin on the lock screen
>>
lmao its 2024 and there are still people who don't keep backups

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.