[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: error-message.png (28 KB, 500x281)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>Windows 11 PC freezes, I turn it off by pressing the power button
>restart, now gives me the BSOD with the error "lo1 initialization failed"
>automatic repair doesn't work and gives "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" error message (pic related)
>stuck in loop
>tried everything but reboots and hard resets, all the prompt commands I found online, even opened it up and cleaned it, nothing works

I need the data on my PC urgently, how the fuck did I cause this, I always used to power it off that way, HELP. Any idea what's wrong with it and how to fix this shit?
>>
Great, I tried this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6i2CJW_CpQ and now I get Error Code “0xc0000001”.
>>
File: t.png (4.26 MB, 8000x4671)
4.26 MB
4.26 MB PNG
>>1472193
if it's just boot file/sector issues, take the disk to another computer and copy the files, from my experience fucking around with windows when there's fuck ups on the boot sector just makes it worse
alternatively you could load up a linux live usb and try to access the files from there
if successful (or not and you just decide to nuke it), definitely check out the health of the drive, it may be fucked
>>
>>1472213
considering it's a laptop I may have to ask some IT guy to take the data from the disks. Fuck my life. Having problem booting usb too, 2 different things. Now can't even access safe mode and the startup settings do nothing. It's somehow getting worse. Maybe I deactivated windows altogether? Removed las "qualitative" win update but doesn't let me remove the actual update. Everything is so confusing, I am not good with computers and I will definitely kms if I lose these files. What else can I do other than try to boot windows on USB and when that fails, bring the laptop to a tech?
>>
>>1472218
yes, unless you're willing and are confident to open up the laptop and take out the physical drive yourself i think you should just go to a tech, at this point if you don't tinker with it any more the best case is that only windows, the OS itself is fucked, but not the drive and/or your files
>>
>>1472219
yes agreed. I did open it up, lots of dust that I removed. But the drives are hidden, under some more screws and metal parts, I can't risk breaking them. Crazy there isn't some command that scans fucking everything and either resolves or tells you exactly what the problem is, just suicide inducing infinite loops of vagueness
>>
File: a.jpg (180 KB, 708x1000)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>1472221
yeah that's how it do be on windows sometimes, i would suggest using linux but that requires a considerable amount of effort and time to learn, instead i would just suggest you put your important files on cloud storage on the near future
best of luck to you anon
>>
and now you know that you should backup your data :)
>>
>>1472223
>>1472231
about that... I prepare the usb to reinstall windows, but everyone suggests doing a backup of my data first. Apparently, you can open your notepad in prompt, and click "save as" to open the archive. I put a 1 TB USB in the pc and I tired copy pasting a large folder from the drive to the USB and it's doing something??? Wtf can this actually work? USB is flashing and I have the hourglass icon, why does this work (is it even working?)
>>
>>1472258
i'm guessing it's because when you save as, you open windows explorer, which could allow copying of files
if it works then that's really great, i would still immediately put that on some type of cloud storage afterwards
>>
>>1472259
it's working! Getting all the files, not corrupted or anything, can open on a different device. I'll start reinstalling Windows, if it doesn't work I'll hard reset. Super bothersome to reinstall all my shit and having to pirate all Adobe programs once again, but at least I haven't lost my files.

Yes, I'll start using some cloud. What do you suggest? Is the Windows cloud thing enough?
>>
>>1472261
very nice
mega or gdrive is pretty good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.