[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721602743286.jpg (19 KB, 500x231)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
OK semi-serious question now.
Are the Olympic Games® (or just the Olympics®) a trademark or not? Can I use the term Kitchen Olympics without getting into trouble with the IOC?
What would I use KO for? To hell if I know. I also hate the fact that so many things can be copyrighted these days, and I want to make some people mald
>>
>>1477019
https://www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/small-business/is-it-legal-to-use-the-olympic-rings-in-ads/
>>
If it isn't for profit it's irrelevant in the first place, worst case scenario reupload it or host it on your own site and tell them to shove it. If it is then ao the anime route where you slightly alter the logo or name if you're really that worried. Caring about copyright is the only reason it works on the internet anyways, so just don't.
>>
>>1477030
>If it isn't for profit it's irrelevant in the first place
Do you even know what the IOC is? Their business is the brand, not the games. They will action anything they see
>worst case scenario reupload it or host it on your own site and tell them to shove it. If it is then ao the anime route where you slightly alter the logo or name if you're really that worried
Citation needed. Do you have any proof this defense has worked when faced by the ICO's lawyers?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.