[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sigh.png (44 KB, 1255x696)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
I asked this yesterday and anons seem to underestimate how big of a noob I am.

https://github.com/familyfriendlymikey/mpv-cut

How do I install this? Do I create a separate conf file for this script in my %AppData%\Roaming\mpv\ folder? or do I add the script to the pre-existing mpv.conf file?
>>
Find your mpv.exe and create a "scripts" folder. This might vary depending on the build you're using.
>>
>>1477784
The most recent one.
>>
>>1477930
All the tutorials are telling me to creat a scripts folder using this address
%AppData%\Roaming\mpv\
>>
>>1477741
Bump
>>
MPV has a custom directory (actually two, it seems) for user scripts, mentioned in the github instructions.

%AppData%\Roaming\mpv\scripts or Users\user\scoop\persist\mpv\scripts

What you want is to get the mpv-cut script in that directory.
The script is on git-hub, a website for hosting source code, made to work with git, the industry standard version control system.
%AppData%\Roaming\mpv\scripts or Users\user\scoop\persist\mpv\scripts

To get that script in the script directory, you have to run the program "git", while in that directory.

git clone -b release --single-branch "https://github.com/familyfriendlymikey/mpv-cut.git"
>>
>>1477980
This is typically done from the command line, on windows this is the cmd program.
But that is not all; as you can read on the github page, ffmpeg (a popular program that edits media files) needs to be added to your PATH, a variable that stores the locations of the programs you can directly recall from you command line.

In short, the four things you need to do are:
install git
install ffmpeg
add ffmpeg to your PATH
follow the instructions on the github

If you think the command line is scary, you should read a tutorial or something, because you actually need it here.
>>
File: done.png (19 KB, 1078x205)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>1477981
I already have ffmpeg installed
did I do it correctly?
>>
>>1478011
Yeah, that's it.
Check if you can run the ffmpeg command.
If you can, you're normally good to go.
If you don't, you have to add it to the PATH
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.