[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Please.jpg (510 KB, 1024x768)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
Is there a way for me to create a QR code that would take people to a specific website link, for free, with no bullshit involved?

I know very little about QR codes myself.
>>
In duckduckgo, search for “qr code <stuff you want in it>”.
>>
>>1484230
...that actually worked?? Thanks.
>>
>>1484230
>>1484231
Oh followup question, how flexible are QR codes for being resized? Am I hard constrained to the size it's given me?
>>
File: resize.png (28 KB, 360x600)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>1484232
There's no constraint on size so long as it's big enough to make out the pixels, and they're square.
You can resize them to any multiple you want using nearest neighbor.
That keeps the pixels sharp.
You can do that in Photopea.

One constraint a lot of QR readers do have is that there must be a white margin around the QR code.
So don't crop out the white space around.
>>
>>1484232
Size doesn't matter (as long as it is big enough for every white and black squares to be read).
>>
>>1484234
>One constraint a lot of QR readers do have is that there must be a white margin around the QR code.
Any rule of thumb for how much is needed? for me right now each black pixel of the QR code is 4x4 pixels so I just got finished giving it a 4 pixel border on all sides. Is this sufficient? It's going to be printed on paper eventually.
>>
>>1484237
The specs say 4 pixels.
The QR code that comes out of duckduckgo has 2 pixels (the QR pixels 4 image pixels wide).
That is enough to satisfy most readers already.
If you want to make it more compliant, you can pad it with two more pixels-worth all around.
>>
>>1484241
Alright, I'll try and hope it works out. Thanks man.
>>
I use this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/offline-qr-code-generator/ firefox addon
in the preferences you can set size, error correction percentage and color
>>
>>1484251
>error correction percentage
What's that?
>>
>>1484253
basically if you scan it with low quality camera or the image is partially damaged, it should be still readable
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code#Error_correction
>>
>>1484251
>>1484263
>Doesn't support Pale Moon
Damnit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.