[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I recently started a new job and am currently in a fews weeks day training period. I’m finding it difficult to keep up with the pace of the trainer. To help me manage this, I considered recording the trainer’s voice because he delivers a lot of information very quickly, making it hard to take notes.

The policy allows phones for few me in start of the shift. but they need to be kept in a safelocker outside the training room afterward. I was thinking of keeping my phone with me to record the entire 5 to 6 hours of training. However, I’m concerned that if they see my phone in my pocket, it might cause problems.

Here’s what I need advice on:

Is it acceptable to record the training session this way, or could it get me into trouble if caught? I want to ensure that I don't violate any company policies.

What voice recording software would you recommend that can record and encrypt the recordings on the spot?

I need to pass a test on the day, and I’m worried about failing and losing my job. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>1489430
>I want to ensure that I don't violate any company policies.
Well, first of all, company security requires recording devices to be kept outside of certain areas, particularly if there is potential of Corporate Espionage. Foreign countries such as China do things that you are planning to do for example such as sneaking recording devices into secure areas to perform recording.

My corporate employer also has secure areas where we are not to violate our Security Contract agreements (signed separately from our employment contracts under Homeland Security clearance laws). If your employer catches you doing corporate espionage, and you signed a homeland security agreement, you will find that Homeland Security has a long memoery. They will deny every future security agreement you need to be employed if they catch you doing espionage. Under my homeland security agreement, I already agreed in advance in writing of course to allow a search of my possessions including car and home if caught doing espionage. So, if you have any copyright violations at home, they will search and turn you in for those as separate charges. If you are renting an apartment or are renting in an HOA neighborhood, most such leasing agreements have standard boilerplate clauses that allow eviction "For Cause" if convicted of felony. I live in such an HOA neighborhood which disallows felony renters of homes. If you have a felony, you cannot rent here or live in a rental propery as a "guest" (it's that thorough).

Our corporation has anti-recording security too. There are hardware scanners inside scanning the airwaves for any phones inside the secure perimeter. If they detect an unauthorized cellphone, it sounds an alert at the security office. It costs money, but maybe your employer isn't that sophisticated. But I work in an R&D laboratory, so foreign countries and companies do come after us. If your guards are armed, then you know security is serious.
>>
>>1489430
>Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Ask your trainer, he's there to help and support you
I'm a trainer at a place with similar policies, I've had some new hires ask similar questions, and my response is "sure, don't get caught". Trainer =/= manager. Even if if your trainer says no to recordings, he may offer other support. And for love of fuck, if you don't understand something, raise your hand and ask questions. Not knowing something new doesn't make you an idiot, pretending you know when you don't makes you an idiot
>>
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=voice+recorder&iax=images&ia=images

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.