[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1839.png (302 KB, 409x504)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
I plugged my iphone into my brother's computer to charge. I've never understood iTunes but would there ever be any settings or freak scenario where my data was backed up and automatically replaced his? I just can't stand to imagine having my camera roll looked at. I said "do not trust" device when I plugged it in but I have no trust in Apple to not fuck things up. I don't even use a PC/iTunes myself and do everything not to finalize account details or opt in to permissions.

Sorry, I'm probably going to be screwed with on this (I deserve it for being a phone-poster alone) but please don't.
>>
lol why the fuck would you trust apple with any of your data
>>
>>1489513
Yeah yeah, any number of reasons to mock me and my pitiful ignorance to the corporation at large, I'm just asking for probability of my specific problem.
I managed to to look up and find where backups are listed and taking a peek my phone wasn't among the devices so I guess that's mostly the relief I needed. Still not unthinkable there's bullshit it would decide to do without my permission anyway.
I hate computers, I wish I never touched one.
>>
>>1489510
why should a random computer care what is on your phone? For that some Apple crap software would have to run in the background or iTunes open waiting for an Apple device to connect.
Or does he use that shit as well?
>>
>>1489516
He had iTunes open and was uploading crap to his own phone. What I never understood was its backup system even long ago when I tried it for myself. -but I remember just enough that it frustrated me, it was unintuitive automatic bullshit, eager to "sync" the program to my phone and I swear it would do something stupid like putting back pictures I deleted. I'm just saying it's there and I don't know what to think it can be capable of, even if I've never heard such a story of one person's phone getting shit added into another person's.
>>
>>1489519

Was the phone unlocked?
If not it is safe. Otherwise all you'd have to do to extract data from any iPhone would be to connect it to a PC that has iTunes running.
>>
>>1489521
Fuck me man, I can't remember. Is there a setting to see if it would want to do that? My phone wasn't listed among the devices with backups, is that confirmation enough?
>>
>>1489522
I mean I'm getting conflicting information attempting to Google this as a problem but what I'm mostly told is that it won't proceed without me opting in to trust the PC (or the other way around?), inputting an Apple ID login and explicitly pushing a button backup. I have an Apple ID that is not my brother's so I should think it wouldn't try to claim it as under his ID if that's an assumption.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.