[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726402015711556.jpg (418 KB, 720x960)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
Anything in 4:3 (or close to it, like Academy) aspect ratio. I don't usually watch TV or movies (and especially not anime), so don't exclude anything just because you think it's too obvious. Don't worry about taste either, anything you think is worth watching is fine.

Starting off the thread with what I know (and can immediately think of):
IA has a ton of VHS rips e.g. https://archive.org/details/vhsvault

>Evangelion
Just finished the series, getting ready to watch the movie. A shame I waited this long to watch it.
Looks great on a CRT in a dark room.

>Cowboy Bebop
Haven't started yet.

>King of the Hill
Victim of seasonal rot. I don't remember where the cutoff is.

>Star Trek TNG / DS9
Required watching for every autist. I could never get into TOS or VOY.

>Babylon 5
In progress. Haven't seen enough to judge it.

>Always Sunny
In progress. I've heard the later seasons are shit, but I believe that's after they moved to 16:9, so it's irrelevant anyway.

>The Day Today / Brass Eye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HLBCMwyxo4

>Threads (1984)
Anti-comfy, debatably realistic, a classic nonetheless.
>>
sg1
x files
>>
Uh, like, literally all kino in existence prior to the mid-late 2000s. That's essentially what you're asking for

ATHF and 12 oz. mouse are must watches. Family Guy s1-s8, Spongebob s1-s3, Ren and Stimpy s1-s2. Pretty much anything from Cartoon Network.

These are great too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xB53WhJK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PprmNoG3vXQ

There's just so much that falls under the umbrella of what ur looking for. Ill make additions when I think of more stuff
>>
>>1489572
Tatort (1970s-2000s), Alarm fur Cobra 11 and Medicopter 117. Then again, I am speaking as a Kraut, so I have no clue if any of these are available.

Columbo is an obvious American series.
>>
>>1489574
Ironically, both of these are kind of hard to find in 4:3. But apparently they were expanded out from the broadcast versions, and zooming in won't cut anything important off. Good picks.

>>1489591
Sorry for being so vague, but even I'm not really sure what I'm after. I think mostly essentials and obscure/foreign stuff, leaning towards the 90s since that's a comfy decade (and when my TV was made). But I don't want rule anything out. And hopefully other people will come across this thread and even if I'm not interested in a particular rec, someone else will be.

>ATHF and 12 oz. mouse are must watches. Family Guy s1-s8, Spongebob s1-s3, Ren and Stimpy s1-s2
Overdue for a rewatch.

>These are great too
Neat.

>>1489607
>Tatort (1970s-2000s), Alarm fur Cobra 11 and Medicopter 117. Then again, I am speaking as a Kraut, so I have no clue if any of these are available.
Awesome. Subs are broken on my Kodi for some reason, but I'll check these out if I ever get them working.

>Columbo
Somewhat tangentially, I've been meaning to check out Miami Vice and this just reminded me of that. Not a bad rec either.
>>
>>1489610
Not so much "series", but why not old sporting matches. Group 4 and Group B rally and early Red Bull Air Races are my go to, unfortunately, the latter are hard to find (I am hunting for New York 2010, a race which I watched from the "pit area".
>>
>>1489612
Doesn't need to be series, anything that fills the screen is welcome.

Sports can't usually hold my attention, but something like you suggest might be cool every once in a while. It certainly fits the mood I'm going for.
>>
>>1489714
Also anything you can acquire on VHS or DVD for cheap.

I know you tend to avoid anime, but try Oishinbo or Warau Salesman.
>>
>>1489718
It's not that I intentionally avoid anime, it's just out of my wheelhouse and I never made an effort to get into it (I am incredibly lazy and have a very short attention span). Added to the queue.

Thanks, guys.
>>
>>1489726
You're welcome.

P.S: Here are some other recs:

Classic Top Gear and early seasons of new Top Gear.
Classic Doctor Who up until 1985. The show is borderline unwatchable by 1987 and 1986 was a weird year for the series.
Crayon Shin-Chan (early seasons)
Monk Season 1
Il Commissario Montalbano
Maigret (1940s and 1990s French and 1960s British versions)
How It's Made (early seasons)
Mythbusters (Seasons 1-3, I believe)
Modern Marvels (1990s and early 2000s episodes)
Seinfeld
The Red Green Show
Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show.
>>
File: dark shadows title.jpg (23 KB, 640x480)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1489572
Dark Shadows (1966-1971)
>>
>>1489572
The Prisoner 1967
Blackadder seasons Blackadder II, Blackadder the Third and Blackadder Goes Forth 1983 to 1989
>>
>>1489729
>>1489755
>>1489761
Appreciate it.

Incidentally, Blackadder reminded me of the short film Three Men in a Boat (1975) (I misremembered and thought Hugh Laurie was in the film). It's up on Youtube and pretty comfy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIcIZCivC0
>>
I, Claudius

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.