[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Trying to remember a movie about some kind of festival/fair/carnival ontop of a pier, that would disappear and reappear magically. I can't remember if some kind of time travel was involved or not. It might've been a segment in a movie rather than a standalone thing. Maybe it was in big fish but I don't remember. I think it was around the same era.
>>
Do I have to guess is of anime? I will list some of I know and that are movies.

https://youtu.be/O-QpfLV8dQw

https://youtu.be/S09mEDCqSx4

https://youtu.be/bXmCWrnsZ44
>>
>>1489754
hm no sorry i forgot to mention it wasn't anime, just a normal movie
>>
>>1489751
I have a memory of the same thing but all I can think of is the zombie Simpsons episode where Marge has childhood memories of a seaside town after seeing an old home movie or something. There might've been another animated adult sitcom like family guy or american dad that I'm lumping in even more episodes with, and I also think there's an 80's/90's movie (might be eve later but partially takes place in the 80s) where the existence of the boardwalk carnival is constantly in question. If anything more concrete, I'm pretty sure it was just a handful of people on it at its busiest but for a large chunk of the screentime on that boardwalk, it's just one Demi Moore looking girl and one guy walking around and talking, on like, tacit dates where they aren't explicitly going out or doing anything as a couple but there's also a clear romantic undertone to the interactions, but the foremost matter of the story or at least in these parts is whether this is all the dude's memories, a dream, or if it's really real.

Sorry I don't have any names to give you but is anything I'm outlining ringing a bell?
>>
>>1489762
it sounds like you're thinking of Dark City (the Demi Moore looking girl being Jennifer Connelly) but I doubt that's what OP is looking for
>>
>>1489764
I've seen Dark City and not what I'm remembering. The shots of the boardwalk are all from offshore/just at the end of the shore looking onto the boardwalk, it rarely if ever actually shows the water, it's all set with the confectionary shops and carnival-style games as the backdrop. There's like a bumper car course, whac a mole/hammer thing, but for most of the time on it, it's pretty much empty save the guy and girl. The buildings were dark-color (red, blue, green, but all dark/drab shades) and it there was a slight sea mist/fog covering the place but it wasn't a horror-horror movie, more unsettling atmosphere, but there's not KILLER KLOWNS before anyone suggests that.
>>
>>1489751
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
>>
>>1489788
hm no it was definitely an older movie, maybe like mid 2000s at the latest. i only saw it as a child so that's why it's fuzzy. it wasn't a spooky movie or anything but more like a narnia esque story
>>
>>1489895
>it wasn't a spooky movie
Probably not this, then: imdb.com/title/tt0093437/

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.