[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I am really wanting to buy local land. I am trying to find how many owners are dead so I can chance buy the property during the upcoming tax sale. For those who dont know the tax sale allows someone else to pay overdue taxes and whatever else on the property and allows you to bid on it with other buyers. I have no easy way of telling who has died in my county into a megalist of names. I do have a megalist of owners I am trying to compare them too because of the county showing properties in the sale.

I already was able to import a map of all the properties and mobile homes into a layered map in google maps. On that front I know the geography anyway.

But like. I am at a loss after 3 hours of nonsense. Crossing bridges when I get there it looks like theres a lot of owners with middle names and possibly obituaries without middle names. As well as suffexes like jr, III, or the middle name just being the middle initial. Like John Doe K in the owners list. Not even to mention the mess of muslim and latino naming schemes. Some "owners" are companies LLC. I got most of them out but theres more to deal with hidden harder than removing all records with "LLC" in them.

There are websites with local obituaries. But they show them 50 a page out of 2600 to 6000 dead people depending on the filters. With no url change per pagination so I dont know how to script a web scrape without that. How else can I find all the names of who died in my county in the last year? If its any context I am in the southeast united states.

TLDR: I need to find who owned land in my county and died so I can likely buy the property at the tax sale bidding. Comparing the data is my issue.
>>
>>1489927
>Comparing the data is my issue.
Scraping your cities tax sales listings is your issue. Why the city has tossed the property up is irrelevant
>>
>>1489927
>There are websites with local obituaries. But they show them 50 a page out of 2600 to 6000 dead people depending on the filters. With no url change per pagination so I dont know how to script a web scrape without that.
open your browser webdeveloper tools, go to network tab and look what requests are being done to fetch more pages
>>
>>1489928
I may have worded it poorly but I havent scrapped the tax sale listings of owner names. Its the shortlist of the most available properties.
>>1489938
Thank you. I wish I had thought of that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.