[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New anti-spam measures have been applied to all boards.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Looking for loner, weird, emo complex female anime MCs:

Emotional Complexity: These characters are deeply emotional, but often express it in subtle or repressed ways. They are not overtly expressive, and their emotional journeys often involve growing out of isolation or emotional turmoil.

Detached or Aloof: They tend to be detached from the world around them, either because of their own personality (Mamimi, Bella) or due to traumatic circumstances (Sawa).

Search for Meaning: Each character is looking for something—be it emotional connection (Mei, Mamimi), vengeance (Sawa), or self-identity (Bella, Anzu).

Mystique and Enigma: All of these characters carry an air of mystery or have significant inner depth that takes time to unravel.
+Favs Chars+
Akira Tachibana (After the Rain)
Mamimi (FLCL)
Mei Aihara (Citrus)
Sawa (Kite)
Anzu (Tunnel of Endless…)
Bella Swan (Twilight)
Karla (Record of Lodoss War)

+Genres Pref+
Slice of Life
Drama
Coming of Age
Comedy
Romance

+Dislike+
obnoxious chars
chibi style art
avant garde char design
CGi
school settings
uniforms

+Like+
90s basic anime char design
realistic char design
unique chars

+Hate+
Bloom Into You
March Comes in like a Lion
Your Lie in April
Attack on Titan
Neon Genesis
>>
>>1495639
watamote?
>>
>>1495662
>watamote
cute! not really my art style but the OST is raw asf...gonna give it a shot. thx
>>
>>1495662
just a few minutes in and can already tell I love it bc Im so picky it doesnt take long. The narration, stream of consciousness, and ofc the MC is perfect embodiment of what Im looking for.

Got any more in mind?
>>
File: 1441865667824.webm (226 KB, 960x540)
226 KB
226 KB WEBM
Humanity has Declined

If you're interested in manga as well:
Ikoku Nikki
Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro
Spectral Wizard
Kowloon Generic Romance
Game Club
>>
>>1495711
>Kowloon Generic Romance

Def love this one it's created by the same mangaka who did After the Rain! Obv this is a perfect example of the art style and char design I prefer.

Hope it gets an anime
>>
Vivy (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song)
Maomao (The Apothecary Diaries)
Frieren and Fern (Frieren)
Tiana (Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World)
Violet Evergarden (Violet Evergarden)
Mimori, Byakuya (The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies)

>Watamote was accepted
Besides seconding Watamote:
Mimihime (Heavenly Delusion)
Ayase, Saki (Days with My Stepsister)
Hishiro, Chizuru (ReLIFE)
Hinazuki, Kayo (Erased)
Ogiwara, Sayu (Higehiro)
Gundou, Misuzu (Tomo-chan Is a Girl)
Tachibana, Rui (Domestic Girlfriend)
>>
>>1495764

>Vivy (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song) [ MC is lame and a drone droid, genre is too actiony/childish ]

>Maomao (The Apothecary Diaries) [hate the setting and char outfits]

>Frieren and Fern (Frieren)[genre kills it but it's prob good just cant digest anymore fantasy]

>Tiana (Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World)[murdered by genre]

>Violet Evergarden (Violet Evergarden) [art, animation, and char design are perfect BUT it's too fucking boring for me...tried 3x to watch]

>Mimori, Byakuya (The Magical Girl and the Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies)[cool art style ngl ...killed by genre]

>>Watamote was accepted [ YES! def part of my top 10 now]

>Mimihime (Heavenly Delusion)[not a fan of the art style or char desigh...tried to watch this one before...unironically I think I remember the story being pretty good]

>Ayase, Saki (Days with My Stepsister)[too much schoo, too many uniforms]

>Hishiro, Chizuru (ReLIFE) [YES!, based itaku anime this is already in my top 20 or better]

>Hinazuki, Kayo (Erased) [too young, scary story]

>Ogiwara, Sayu (Higehiro)[ ngl this looks good but sounds kinda too naughty..is it bad?]

>Gundou, Misuzu (Tomo-chan Is a Girl) [THIS ACTUALLY LOOKS PERFECT!! I even like the male and fem MCs. Surprised Ive never heard of this it looks like it will be another Top 20 TY!!! ]

>Tachibana, Rui (Domestic Girlfriend)[ good pick, the char design is nice. the writing sucks and there is really no plot or memorable subplots. Rui is a perfect char tho really wish they gave her more development.]
>>
>>1495769
I was jaded by the worst in [genre] fantasy too but I found that among trash there are legit hidden gems. Cant help you with that, I myself pushed through a lot before finding the good ones.

>is it bad?
Legit good drama specially at the end. Female not as emo as the others just went through a lot. A bit dark stuff and nsfw but not for what one may think.
>>
>>1495662
ok several episodes in and gotta Watamote is now my #1 COMEDY genre anime. it is so perfect for me. The dark humor and stream of consciousness reminds of Fear and Lothing in LV w/ a female MC. I love it so much! I also love the lack of CGi and 2010s vibes. This truly is a hidden gem that is so well written I am so glad you shared it.

I get sad that Tomoko takes so many Ls. I want her to at least win one time. hahaha. They do a good job of building and maintaining the tension by cutting scenes short when she does do something "kinda" normal

10/10
>>
>>1495804
We welcome you fellow Watamote enjoyer
>>
>>1495639
Ai (Kageki Shoujo!!)
Reki (Haibane Renmei)
Lain (Serial Experiments Lain)
Chihaya (The Idolm@ster)
Nino (Arakawa Under The Bridge)
Yumiella (Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen)
Homura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke)
>>
>>1495835

Ai (Kageki Shoujo!!) [ the art and char design are PERFECT! I even saw a scene with her in a baggy sweater which is something I was unironically looking for for something else. As a character she is very flat, lacks depth, and isn't very interesting or well-developed unfortunately ]

Reki (Haibane Renmei) [killed by char design and art style ]

Lain (Serial Experiments Lain)[ yeah this is a classic]

Chihaya (The Idolm@ster)[ might have to give this one another shot. wondering if it has a DUB]

Nino (Arakawa Under The Bridge)[ this looks very interesting. I love that she has blonde hair instead of black or purple which is the norm for these archetypes. Will def check this one out]

Yumiella (Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa Ura-Boss desu ga Maou dewa Arimasen) [ this is prob good but cant do anymore isekai/fantasy]

Homura (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica) [ same, killed by genre ]

Sawako (Kimi ni Todoke)[ art style and char giving me uncanny valley vibes ]
>>
>>1495639
bump

sad chan
>>
File: 1722736089208339.png (216 KB, 1100x596)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
not an anime but there is a video game character like that in ace attorney apollo justice (you don't have to play the earlier games to understand this one, there's nothing linking them aside from the old main protagonist being a character in it) called vera misham. cute as a button and her case is very good too even if the start is a bit boring. also i believe she's unironically autistic, or at the very least based on autists irl.
>>
>>1496154
oh and she's not a main character herself actually i can't read ig i thought you just said characters :v
>>
>>1496156
that's actually pretty interesting and plan to check it out. I like the female acoustic "flaw" too

I actually just found a char/show: D-Frag!/Chitose Karasuyama. There's also another char who looks intriguing: Minami Ōsawa. I just started it but it passed the 3 minute test so I know I will love it.
>>
>>1496174
sadder chan

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.