[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: terrene.jpg (11 KB, 208x242)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>psychedelics as a means to obtain spiritual wisdom
Why do people fall for that? Psychedelics blur the clarity of thinking which is essential in meditation, therefore they can't be used as a shortcut.
They give you the illusion of genius because they provide the sense of novelty and euphoria. Actually, the reason why you fall for it is because under the influence of psychedelics your logical thinking is impaired. You are more prone to suggestion and you will believe everything.
I'm not denying that you can interact with some entities when high but you definitely can't obtain spiritual truths in that state.
Just look at hippies. They are full of delusions. They believe in random bullshit just because sounds interesting and novel, like "we are one consciousness". There is no explanation or any logic behind these claims. Terence McKenna was perfect example.
>>
I heard McKenna's voice at the peak of a mushroom trip before the fractal ate me. Something about adventurers getting "More than they bargained for"
>>
>>37773162
McKenna was a pseudo-intellectual. He routinely confused concepts and thinkers and actually made one up by accident lol
>>
Because the normie mindset doesn’t leave any room for the possibility that there is something about the purely naturalist world view of our current culture, that isn’t correct.
You try psychedelics once and it becomes blatantly obvious, that there is something about us, that our current world view can’t explain.
When you try to discuss this with others, you’re rejected. Your thoughts are dismissed, and your experiences and observations are reduced to ”hallucinations” by people who frankly, couldn’t understand what the fuck they’re talking about.
This incompability of others to understand psychedelics without actually trying them out, frustrates the person who has experienced them. He will start thinking others are simply ignorant, afraid of the truth. He starts viewing himself and others who have experienced this, and know what he is talking about, as enlightened, compared to the ignorant masses, who seem to take pride in their live in their materialism, denialism and irrational fear of psychedelics.

It is really kind of simple when you think about it.
>>
>>37773162
People think mushrooms are magic, both the advocates who think they can solve everything and people like you who shriek like evangelicals seeing a Harry Potter book. All mushrooms do is flood your brain with neurotransmitters, such that connections that are sub-liminal become super-liminal and can be accessed consciously, while supercharging connections that are already super-liminal. Your brain can then intuit its own structure.

That's it. The gods and demons and muses and monsters are not in the mushroom. They are in your brain.
>>
>>37773162
Also your text is a prime example of a person who simply doesn’t know what he is talking about. Your description of psychedelic experience is completely off the mark. Why not just try them once? They’re not dangerous if used with caution by an adult smart guy.
>>
>>37773162
>logical thinking
>spiritual truths
Choose one because logical thinking is how autists try and fail to put reality into a box yet insist that reality must be according to their made-up rules. Completely delusional NPC behaviour. Every incel, blackpiller, antinatalist, vegan, carnivore and /pol/tard thinks he logically found the ultimate truth of our existence.
>>
File: IMG_3197.jpg (529 KB, 1125x632)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>37773162
They seem to be a useful tool, but like all tools they require skill and knowledge to apply correctly. Perhaps one should start by mastering their mind before attempting to introduce outside influences
>>
>>37773215
No way.. people think Magic Mushrooms are magic????
>>
Have you tried them? I have and some experiences were extremely negative and pointless but some were so meaningful. I think rather than I still you with knowledge they can give you a great sense of meaning. Some types of people take psychedelics too seriously or become hippy stereotypes but a drug like toad venom was for me was as close to a sublime religious experience as I’ve got
>>
*instil
>>
File: dragon's blood sage.jpg (396 KB, 2560x2467)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>37773310
heckin this

Archetypally, spirituality is the journey of self-awareness and bringing that out into the world to enact change that you see fit. Psychedelics are great teachers, they change your perception and as >>37773215 said, they enable a more interconnected brain.
However, you are still you. The issue is students who either attempt to do too much, or don't care to learn. McKenna even preached moderation (more so later in life).
>>
>yet another victim of DARE posts bullshit about things he's never experienced
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume what you consider to be "spiritual truth" is something you "read" (listened to preacher man read) in the bible.
>>
File: great-tit_1363722c.jpg (19 KB, 460x288)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>37773162
They're not a shortcut, they're a preview to higher levels of perception and things like shared consciousness and the astral realm. They're not necessary on a path of attainment, and are generally more trouble than they're worth, but they do convey useful knowledge. Otherwise you have to spend years meditating and seeking to attain the siddhis necessary to perceive these things. They don't give you a sober picture of the metacosmos and they don't protect you from the negative influences present there, which is why meditative traditions consider them to be unnecessary and harmful to a goal of enlightenment.

> They believe in random bullshit just because sounds interesting and novel, like "we are one consciousness"
You'd believe if you'd felt another person's thoughts, or the thinking of a tree, or the reflective rumbling of the cosmos.

> There is no explanation or any logic behind these claims.
Thousands of other people have tried the same chemicals and had similar experiences. It's hard to write evidence down in a book or take a picture of something you have to be in a mentally enhanced state to even perceive.
>>
>>37773162
People who make these kinds of threads never seem to understand how little they actually know.
>>
>NOOOO psychedelics LE BAD
shill bait thread
>>
>>37773162
I did a heroic dose and experienced totality during the eclipse, I'm gonna tell you that you are wrong. Where did you learn that opinion anyway?
>>
>>37774211
>experienced totality during the eclipse
Means literally nothing. Just worthless druggo babble.
>>
>>37774275
You didn't answer the anon's question.
>>
>>37773174
I thought you were talking about a different McKenna for a moment
>>
>>37774335
OP 'learned' his 'opinion' through analysis and his own experiences with drug users and possibly his own experiences with using psychedelics as well.
Now, why does your "experience of totality", whatever that means, dismiss OPs analysis?
>>
>>37774275
When I do mushrooms I feel totally unfiltered, it is as if all the arbitrary rules I set upon myself dissolve and I can experience life with the freedom of a child again. It is not something I can feel unless I am on them or have the afterglow, which lasts a couple weeks.
During totality, I got to experience the most spiritually significant event in most elder cultures. It gave me the key piece of the puzzle that I yearned for, and connected the dots for me. It makes sense to me, but I'm also legitimately insane
>>
File: 548754645634.jpg (2.88 MB, 3023x3446)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>37773162
never going to make it
>>
>>37773162
The brain impairs your consciousness and psychedelics remove the brain's impairment.
>>
File: IMG_0635.jpg (24 KB, 360x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>37773162
Anon post about what psychedelics do
Anon has never done psychedelics
EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
>>37775432
OP here
I did them many times
>4acodmt
>5meomipt
>shrooms
>lsd/nbom
>strong edibles
Even mxe and dxm.
I know exactly what im talking about. Psychedelics overload you with mental stimuli and blur your clarity of mind which makes it impossible to attain any actual knowledge. They DO open you to different "realms" or "dimensions" though.
>>37773781
>Thousands of other people have tried the same chemicals and had similar experiences
It applies to any other drug, including alcohol and jenkem. Does it mean that the deliriant spiders are real?
>>
>>37773162
It can’t give you wisdom on its own. But if you approach it in the right way, it can open the door to wisdom and spiritual insight.
>>
>>37773162
They (specifically DMT/Psilocybin and high doses of Ketamine, LSD works differently) forcibly yeet you out of your body by screwing with the part of your brain that anchors you to you.

The spiritual truth gained is that separation, and the existence of what you encounter, which is consistent among experiencers.
>>
>>37776264
>They DO open you to different "realms" or "dimensions" though
That sounds like a kind of wisdom. "More than the material exists" is a very important knowledge.
Imagine if you're a medieval peasant who only knows his home country, mainly his home village maybe he visited the capital a few times, who's only heard stories of the wider world through rumors and folktales and has basically been told all his life that they don't actually exist. Now suddenly he is taken on a plane and flown to Aztec Mexico. He only stays a few hours, his head is swimming the whole time, but don't you think his understanding of the world might change dramatically? And the next time, he end up in Ming China. And then Ibn Qalawun's Cairo.
Sure, as an obvious naive tourist he might be left open to unscrupulous opportunists during his travels, but even with the risk of danger, you couldn't leave an experience like that and not be a changed man.
>>
File: 1704865226269230.png (2.04 MB, 1024x1024)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>37778352
This is a sensible post, but some of us are past this "see behind the curtain" shit and many gatekeepers and self-proclaimed authorities on drugs like McKenna can be poisoning the well on the nature of reality, but those that keep on searching will find the proper knowledge eventually. I found out about synchronicity through McKenna and started reading Jung thanks to that. Your intake is your own responsibility, and hating on hippies is wasted energy.
>>
>>37773201
>Because the normie mindset doesn’t leave any room for the possibility that there is something about the purely naturalist world view of our current culture, that isn’t correct.
>You try psychedelics once and it becomes blatantly obvious, that there is something about us, that our current world view can’t explain.
Literally this. it's not about getting the answers, is about widening your point of view.
>>
>>37773162
You anti-drug faggots need to grow the fuck up and get with the program. Studies have been showing for years that drugs like psilocybin and MDMA have profound benefits when taken responsibly and that’s not even considering the thousands of anecdotal reports that have been saying the same thing since the beginning of recorded human history. It boggles my mind how you can even argue against such an insane mountain of evidence based off of nothing but your own stupidity and arrogance
>>
>>37773162
you're welcome for being the first guy to post OP's picrel to 4chan
>>
File: fxho.gif (351 KB, 160x180)
351 KB
351 KB GIF
>>37778492
thanks
>>
>>37773162
OP, if your mind is clouded in a supraconscious mindstate: you have no clear thinking to begin with. To be able to make sense of the abstract without literalism, is not only a necessity of psychedelics; it is a necessity of life itself, and the alchemical riddle which we call The Game.
>>
>>37773201
The same, verbatim, is true for the actually adept alchemists.
>>
>>37773215
There are levels to everything, my friend. Take this scene to heart:
https://youtu.be/U06-OPp7dOA?si=w9WYm1TqLTsd0OiT
>>
>>37778352
>That sounds like a kind of wisdom. "More than the material exists" is a very important knowledge.
1. knowledge doesnt equal wisdom
2. along with this knowledge you get dozens of delusions
>>37778475
psylocybin can have anti-depressive effect when taken in controlled environment but I'm not talking about it. I'm talking about psychedelic "wisdom".
>thousands of anecdotal reports that have been saying the same thing
because these substances affect brain in a certain way

Can't you understand what I'm talking about? I'm not denying that you can meet an entity while on high doses of shrooms or dmt. I'm denying the possibility to obtain an actual spiritual wisdom with psychedelics.
>>
File: dude.webm (2.46 MB, 540x960)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB WEBM
>>psychedelics as a means to obtain spiritual wisdom
>>
File: GGdN-bsWkAAM6FS.jpg (154 KB, 958x1245)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>37778886
>>
>>37778886
>>37778915
So many levels of retardation in two posts. On the level of the examples given, the twitter faggot commentating on it like it's Pyrocynical drama, and the two assholes sharing these
>>
>>37778987
I mean, god damn. It goes so deep into dumbassery, I don't think it can even be put into words. Pot calling the kettle "nigger"
>>
>>37773162
You think 'logic' gets you to deeper Spiritual or Metaphysical understandings?
You think that's air you're breathing?
>>
>>37773162

They are the truth pills of nature. Truth will devour you, no matter how much of a gangster you are. Once you realize that you were trolled by Lucifer from beginning to end, you will become borderline schizophrenic, not knowing where left and right is.

Psychedelics temporarily shut off the movie you are living in and takes you behind the scenes. You want to stay sedated? Then do not take them.

I love the truth and there is no greater love than the truth. I AM THAT I AM
>>
i like dmt and shrooms. i do them every few weeks to months. there is really no point in trying to convince anyone of anything regarding psychedelics. i just think people should try them before forming a strong opinion either way. that being said, theyre not for everybody and as a general rule you shouldnt go arround trying to convince everyone to try them. your grandma probably doesnt need to start vaping dmt.
>>
>>37780350
Its still logic a machine which thinks has a spirit like me
>>
File: cat-black-cat.gif (230 KB, 220x183)
230 KB
230 KB GIF
>>37780398
This i dont even have to read the rest (but i will) to know this right.
>>
>>37773162
What's your explantion for ketamine though? How can a k-hole be a result of brain activity when that activity actually ceases? You could argue with any other drug that potentially the experience is determined by enhanced brain connectivity, but ketamine shuts everything down, so any experience that happens while under on ketamine can't just be explained away as a product of the mind. I cannot explain the ketamine experience, I've never met anyone that can, and I'm pretty sure that's specifically because it doesn't actually occur within the brain. So surely any spiritual knowledge gained during that kind of trip is actually much more credible?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.