[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: themagiccircle.jpg (307 KB, 1255x1880)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
Torrent lives edition

Remember to ignore off-topic posts and only reply to quality contributions

>Library
https://controlc.com/f90157e6

>Mysticism
Hindu — Raja Yoga, Hathayoga, Shiva Samhita
Taoist — Foundations of Internal Alchemy
Theravada — Knowing and Seeing
Sufi — Sufism for Non-Sufis
Jewish — Jewish Meditation
General/Thelema — sacred-texts.com & hermetic.com/figures/index

>Grimoires
Agrippa's Three Books are core
Arbatel should be the first; afterward Heptameron, or Goetia, or Abramelin, Picatrix, etc
The PGM tend to be modular
esotericarchives.com/

>Buddhism & Vajrayana
Intro to Tantra, Refining Gold. Look to centers in your area & others that offer empowerment online. Avoid NKT, Rigpa, and Shambhala. Garchen Rinpoche and HHDL's whole YouTube catalogs; you can take empowerment and transmission from their recordings if vows are understood, but really you should have a teacher.
The Facebook group Vajrayana Events regularly posts online empowerments, lungs, and teachings.
accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/
studybuddhism.com

>Golden Dawn
Cicero's Self Initiation into the Golden Dawn, Lyam Thomas Christopher - Kabalah, Magic & the Great Work of Self Transformation
Find a Temple: pansophers.com/golden-dawn-locations/

>Aurum Solis
Magical Philosophy (70s editions go from I-V, modern from I-III), then Planetary Magick
The Practical Guide series

>Aspire to A∴A∴
Have a basic understanding of the Golden Dawn system. Read Liber ABA, then go through this reading list:
ordoaa.org/studlist.htm
Focus on Liber Resh, E , RV, O, Astarte, and HHH
For a full curriculum, Mystical and Magical System of the A∴A∴

>Chaos Magic
Liber Null & Psychonaut, Condensed Chaos, Liber Kaos, Hands-On Chaos Magic

>Tradcraft
https://pastebin.com/KB7QhL7u

>Astrology
https://pastebin.com/euWACNrK
>>
Pathetic OP
>>
There are people here who have a (minor) interest in ensuring /omg/ remains gone, keep that in mind please.
>>
>>37815318
Just make a Thelema thread bro
>>
I haven't seen much mention of Danil Yates' new project, the Occult Library website. Interesting idea, collating information about all books and editions thereof released by various occult publishers. The forthcoming page here has a list of at least some titles that are in production: https://www.occultlibrary.org/forthcoming
Worth a look, even if it's woefully misnamed.
>>
>>37815514
No worries. I'll always repost it occasionally, if only to keep the library circulating.

>>37816266
There's not much to say about it. Having a reference is all well and good, but I would think anyone mildly interested in hearing about a publisher's upcoming books would already be following that publisher directly without going through a third party site.
>>
>>37815318
Have any of you read, The Dragon Book of Essex? If so would using different boughs of wood that are local to your area work? The plants listed in the book aren't in my state
>>
I have no money exact a couple of small coins

I want to go to the Laundromat I haven't been there in like 2 weeks

I want some money that I could use to buy about a gallon of gasoline

Please pray for me to get lots of money soon and not EBT money or digital currency real cash in my hands very soon

Thank you in advance
>>
>>37815318
I'm for keeping OGM alive, and it should continue on despite its major contributor falling off the planet. It's useful, and that's good! Ignore the naysayers!
>>
File: wiz.jpg (89 KB, 960x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>37817464
I haven't read it yet. But rites can often have substitutions, as long as the replacement still brings the relevant elements/virtues to the rite. So it would depend on why they are calling for a specific type of wood. I recently needed some sprigs of yew and a local varietal worked fine instead of the specific one the rite called for.

Budget and time permitting, you can also order a lot of that shit overseas from Etsy if it's absolutely essential for you to have a branch from the cornish dingleberry tree or whatever, but that should be a last resort. Using local stuff whenever possible is best.
>>
>>37817547
Yeah I checked the book and found a mention of adaptations under a list of the boughs. I'm just oddly called to this book for some reason
>>
Stay-at-home Magus
>>
this place doesn't deserve /omg/, kill it out of respect
>>
>>37817706
Good luck. CS stuff is really dense.

You might like Hamilton-Giles' books if you're actually practicing the DBoE, since they're supposed to be tangentially related to it. And similarly dense.
>>
>>37815318

I’m reading liber null rn after skimming golden dawn and thelema, why did they change all the classical alchemy elements and make the tree of life so weird?

Pain pleasure depression elation instead of fire/water/earth/air. Are they just tying it to these emotions?
>>
>>37815318

Redpill me on the sator square

Also is the pele ring from enochian just a variation on the seal of Solomon from grimores?
>>
>>37817464
Yes.
Yes.
That is unlikely unless you're in a desert or tropical region.

>>37817706
>>37817833
Black Dragon is a specifically telluric iteration; folks should really do DBoE first.
>>
>>37817932
sex obsessed wierdos
>>
>>37818376
One plant in specific is the Blackthorn which isn't in my state of Mississippi. I'm mostly just asking as I'm highly interested in DBoE but I doubt I can do it now
>>
>>37817769
Yeah right, some fucking faggot with no life and no actual practice will perpetually make these threads
))<>(( forever
>>
>>37818428
I bet there's blackthorn in Mississippi, you just have to look. It was often used as a hedge plant in the US especially where livestock were kept but its been labeled as a nuisance species in recent years, for obvious reasons.

If you truly cannot find any, use honeylocust.
>>
>>37818558
Oh, I guess the map I found online was wrong, thank you anon
>>
>>37818420
I remember me
>>
>>37818593
you wanted an answer, sorry you dont like it
>>
>>37818558
not that anon, but it seems very scarce in NA. the only place I could find selling blackthorn -products- was somewhere in Canada, and they'd stopped doing it because their own supply had run out and they hadn't been able to source any more.
>>
>>37818661
I think he meant just find it in the wild
>>
>>37818677
That was what I was getting at, that it's scarce enough that even people trying to profit from it can't find much here. Blackthorn isn't native to north america (it's from yurop, where the cultus sabbati are)
>>
>>37818798
Honestly probably be better off just growing your own if you can.
>>
>>37818940
Yeah the seeds are cheap, I'll probably just have to wait a bit and just import seeds.
>>
>>37818953
Based ecoterrorist
>>
>>37819386
>ordoaa.org/studlist.htm
the fuck is this broken web page shit?
>>
>>37818798
The Cultus is based in California and has been for twenty years.

Blackthorn grows all over the PNW, along highways and in parking lots. Some sprouted in my flyover country garden and I have no clue how it got there. It is aggressive and tenacious.

Like I said, it’s targeted for removal because it has giant sharp spikes. You can find it all over, if you look hard enough.

>>37818953
Import? Hobby Seeds of Jacksonville FL sells them.
>>
>>37819731
>The Cultus is based in California
Entirely? They'd still have some kind of presence overseas, right? I was under the impression the inner bits worked in closed cells.

Thanks for correcting me though
>>
File: 1707815705047868.png (1.45 MB, 1347x1080)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
I want magick that just works
>>
>>37819968
ask todd howard
>>
>>37817833
>CS stuff is really dense.
You have to live with your mum while being in your 30s to really grok it
>>
So recently, I asked Lugus their thoughts on Judaism via divination.

They responded favorably.

Today, while watching this video:
https://youtu.be/SZKkiE2e1wc

I had a bit of a weird moment and had to pause it and immediately perform divination again, to ask Lugus their statement on usury and how I should relate to it.

Lugus implies usury is natural and should be engaged with.
Basically. The Romans were spot on in identifying them with Mercury.

any thoughts?
>>
Anyone use magic for sex?
>>
>>37820819
Use sex for magic for sex
>>
Suppose you catch a gigafaggot filching loosh left and right from everyone, for his own personal use. What do?
And I mean, you, me, gubmint, enterprise, no one is safe for his lecherous larceny
>>
>>37822090
If you believe in loosh unironically you are definitely mentally ill and can be safely be ignored because you are not the dangerous kind of retard.
>>
>>37815514
Stop grasping, this is an embarrassment.
>>37816266
You haven't seen anything about that here yet because this is not a thread about the Occult or books anymore and hasn't been for over a year.
>>
>>37817537
>OGM
please go start that thread then and let this one stay dead.
>>
>>37818376
>Black Dragon is a specifically telluric iteration;
Yes
>folks should really do DBoE first.
No, not really, they are fundamentally related in some ways sure but not at all dependent on each other. PHG says this in the introductions.
Also you can't really into Black Dragon just yet since the required ritual text for its beginning is still unpublished/incomplete.
>>
>>37818677
>>37818798
They are profiting from the surge of teen ticktok witches being unable or unwilling to walk into the woods and gather materia themselves, which within the act of doing is often half of the actual thing. It is rare, but not unavailable, it just will take some searching and getting to know the plants and your environment in your area, which, again, most are unwilling to actually undertake. Ordeal of overcoming matters. Ordering it is fully ineffectual, pretty much filtering yourself from any real contact and anything beyond proof of being another consoomer and not able to do any witchcraft. 100% better off with a local substitute. Honeylocust, not at all rare, has already been suggested. Maybe try look at WHY you are using Blackthorne rather than making a shopping list.
>>
>>37822692
Well good luck with some of the theology without spending significant time with HU, SA, and HUA, especially HUA.
>>
>>37819868
The "Cultus" itself is a now a hipster marketing operation and that is all it is.
There are other things out there that don't need a name and a publishing company that tries to sure other practitioners and an enormous mortgage for a mansion in California though.
>>
>>37821045
Ouroboros do be like that
>>
>>37822723
> Ordering it is fully ineffectual, pretty much filtering yourself from any real contact and anything beyond proof of being another consoomer and not able to do any witchcraft.

This is abjectly false. You’re not barred from anything just because your environment isn’t conducive to this or that species. While one should, for example, sun in ocotillo or similar if in the desert it doesn’t preclude you from getting some blackthorn to experiment with.

If we want to get into the why and wherefore of blackthorn not just historically but theologically we can but it, imho, gets into the specifics of the UK seasonal cycles which may not be applicable at all to your specific locations. The point is that folks should not just get familiar with their locations but also some of broad applicability of things as a cross correspondence and cross biome exercise. Nobody on earth is going to have immediate access to everything in the Viridarium, it works 360 individual species (yes the number matters) and you absolutely will have to order some of it.
>>
>>37822732
It's okay if you haven't actually read it. And, as noted, it is yet to be completed. But is stands on its own feet, as it is designed to, it's not the DBoE DLC.
>>
>>37822773
>UK seasonal cycles which may not be applicable at all to your specific locations.
EXACTLY
>>
>>37822737
Pls don’t troll here with information you picked up from There.

Are the guy’s antics questionable? Yes. Do you need to larp as Sarah Lawless to get your sensible chuckle of the day about it here? Surely not.
>>
>>37822773
I'm saying if you think that ordering it off the internet, even if it the actual deal, which is not at all guaranteed or even very likely for some of this stuff, or applicable to your local biome and spiritual ecology, fulfills what is being asked of you in the work then you have not understood the assignment.
>>
>>37822777
I have the books mate, I know what you and moreover I am talking about. My opinions are my own and I think folks get the best mileage from understanding WHY you’re doing things in HU and HUA.

It’s a DB dlc, meaning you should ideally have gotten into something that approximates endgame DB to fully enjoy it. Just because you can do Lonesome Road at level 1 doesn’t inherently mean it’s a good idea.
>>
Ipsissimus yet?
>>
>>37817464
Yes, you can use local replacements. Do your best to meet the requirements, but your first year is never going to be perfect. Order what you have to.

>>37822815
That's too simplistic. Having the internet is never an excuse to take the easier option, but what is being asked of you in the work far exceeds getting all the props.
>>
Ape never left
>>
>>37824267
Folks also forget this is a four person system, and there'd be a division of labor in the preparation of the rites. People need to make provisions for being the sole person responsible for everything if running it solo, especially without a mentor.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1714704156921.jpg (67 KB, 904x499)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>
>>37815318
I need some help, and I decided to come here to ask my fellow anons for advice. I've falling into "the Dark Night of the Soul" and... it is terrifying me. My thoughts are just going to this pervasive fear that in death we're just going to be trapped in an eternal isolated dream where nothing is real. It feels silly to say that outloud, but my brain just can't stop dwelling on this fear of being disconnected from others and a sheer terror of becoming truly isolated and alone in death. I think I'd rather accept oblivion over that, but it terrifies me to imagine that I'll just be trapped in some isolated room in my head and be divorced from the rest of the world.
>>
>>37826953
>in death we're just going to be trapped in an eternal isolated dream where nothing is real
Hello my friend, how do you like the dream you're having? You are indeed already dead, this is it, your afterlife. Better get going...
>>
>>37827013
Hey man, it's rude to tell dream people they're dreaming
>>
>>37827105
My bad gang
>>
>>37826953
>maybe the extremely confined and narrow definitions I've set up for myself as the greatest maximum extent of conception across all possible worlds aren't as universal and rational as they seem
>HELP MEEEEE MY SANITY IS MELTIIIING AND MY NEW AGE FEEL GOOD ETERNALISM ISN'T BUILT TO HANDLE NORMAL HUMAN EMOTIONS LIKE FEAR OR DREAD REGARDING OBJECTIVE UNCERTAINTIES LIKE DEATH ID RATHER BE DEAD THAN FEEL FEELINGS ABOUT DEATH

Grow up. Stop reading meme content. Stop building metaphysics from Poastes on imageboards and infographics. You are alive, which entails that sometime, sooner or later, you're going to die, and it will probably hurt. Just because we live in a culture that does everything in its power to elide this fact, doesn't mean we have to cave in to nihilism, terror, and denial. Expand your horizons, which doesn't mean "more denial". Get well read on the ancient and cross cultural wisdom regarding death. You will have to take that journey alone, but you don't have to prepare alone, and schizoposting on his, x, lit, or any other board, doesn't count as prep.

Good luck.
>>
>>37822386
Nice loosh, I'm taking it
>>
>>37828803
Have at it larper, there's plenty more pretend power you can somehow harvest from online interactions where that came from!
>>
File: 5e608122036bcbdb.jpg (270 KB, 2131x2131)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>
>>37827105
Ok archon
>>
>>37815318
>Christian blood "magic"
>sin sacrifice
>>
>>37829021

Patience, grasshopper. Wisdom will come with age. Gonna gank that loosh for now though, thanks.
>>
File: IMG_3807.jpg (356 KB, 1170x1422)
356 KB
356 KB JPG
>>37815318
I hate occultism and all the retards who believe their little magical "curses" have any power
>>
Does anyone know how to explain what Arabic magic is? Where should I start?
>>
>>37833725
You're just a woo-woo moron lmao
>>
>>37822732
>HU, SA, and HUA
What?
>>
>>37836828
Shams Al-Ma'arif
>>
If I get trips demons are trying to contact me

>>37836828
Man I swear some arabic war chants and shia chants would be so good for a dancing trance state
>>
>>37815318

Lucifer just showed up on /pol/
>>>/pol/467082764
>>467083399
>>467089666
>>467090455
But noone appears to have noticed apart from me and the guy who summoned him
>>
I want to contact spirits cause its cool and just to be better at magick at shit but I dont have a real reason to contact them.

What should I evoke them for?
Never invoked spirits before contemplating the Arbatel apparently theyre chill.
>>
>>
>>37839203
Seems like a bit of an insulting reason to contact a spirit
>>
>>37817464
Looks like fanfic desu
>>
>>37826607
Bitter tears are the best
>>
>>37842023
Of what, and what makes you draw that conclusion? Give us more than four words of critique for this 800+ page volume.
>>
>>37839203
You're probably surrounded by spirits right now, I think.
>>
>>37840440
Ik that's why I want a reason.
Sure they might be able to tell my emotions
and shit but I can still not waste their time with whatever I called them up for

>>37843622
Isnt everybody surrounded technically?
>>
>>37843739
>Isnt everybody surrounded technically?
Probably not everyone but if your thoughts are in language then you probably have at least one voice near you
>>
>>37819662
Yeah the golden dawn reading list is broken, OP.
>>
>>37822822
Can yall explain to a novice what this is about?
>>
>>37819662
>>37844581
use archive.org or read the Initiatory Structure of the A∴A∴ which also contains a (less complete) reading list. If you read ABA, iirc, Crowley gives basically the same reading list.

> The Equinox (From No. I to the current number)
> Raja Yoga (by Swami Vivekananda)
> The Shiva Sanhita, or The Hathayoga Pradipika
> Konx Om Pax (by Aleister Crowley)
> The Spiritual Guide (by Miguel de Molinos)
> 777 (by Aleister Crowley)
> Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie (by Eliphas Levi; alternately, its translation by A. E. Waite)
> The Goetia or The Lemegeton of Solomon the King
> Tannhauser — The Sword of Song — Time — Eleusis (by A. Crowley)
> The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-melin the Mage
> The Tao Teh Ching
> The Writings of Kwang Tze
>>
>>37835185
based. fuck fascists and nazis. virtually all occultists/witches etc. are all inherently fascist or at least inherently fascist-adjacent. yes i know it seems obsurd but let me ask if this wasn't the case why do you think transphobia and racism are such a problem in these spaces? which are meant to be safe to marginalized queer and black/brown folx? Nazi chuds, just going around oppressing "lesser people" even without even knowing it.
>>
I've made a good number of sigils in the last couple of months and none of them have worked. I've tried different methods of charging. Am I just a fucking NPC? I don't wanna use the jobus applicatus spell, I wanna do spooky cool shit with astrology hoes and spirits :(
>>
>>37845862
How many years are you going to spam this?
>>
Are there any books that go over how lots of major historical figures studied or believed in the occult or esoteric?
>>
>>37815318
so ive been learning about Vril and absorbing peoples blue aura. what exactly can i do with the stored up Vril? any good reads?
>>
>>37846695
Bro you got baited by poltards into building a religion out of a sci fi book.
>>
>>37846749
retarded opinion. Vril is older than sci-fi.
>>
>>37846760
>pov: a retard that's been reading william walker atkinson, not bulwer-lytton
Lmao... a gigantic L on both counts.
>>
>>37846782
sad anon
>>
>>37846760
You are literally and objectively wrong, dipshit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unparalleled_Adventure_of_One_Hans_Pfaall
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_Thousand_Leagues_Under_the_Seas
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vril
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction
>>
>>37846801
>wikipedia
lol. lmao
>>
>>37846801
Are you implying that Poe didn’t write Unparalleled Adventure before The Coming Race hit the market, that Theosophers didn’t like The Coming Race, or something even more idiotic?
>>
>>37838864
Thank you very much, if you have other recommendations I would appreciate it
>>37838970
where I find??
>>
>>37846789
>absorbing peoples blue aura
Lol. Lmao. What a stupid nigger.
>>
>>37846651
>1 post
>spam
kek, also
>everyone who triggers me is the same person
don't cry

>>37846749
>t. retard
We can write off all of your opinions since you obviously don't know the origins of the topic.
>>
>>37846801
Vril transcends scifi, your wikipedia articles (your crutch when it comes to knowing things) are meaningless if they don't tell you that.
>>
>>37847102
cope, seethe, dilate
>>
>>37847265
Lol you're the only one coping and seething, vril-tranny
>>
>>37847241
Show one (1) source on vril that predates The Coming Race.
>>
>>37815318
I was rewatching Supernatural season 2 and there was one episode where they were at a crossroads and found some yarrow flowers. Sam mentions they're used in summoning rituals. Is there anything in the old literature about this? Or is it total Holly wood fluff?
>>
Where is the Jesus based magic?
Most things I find seem to be Jewish and based on angels, wouldn't it be more convenient to work with the Messiah directly instead?
>>
>>37847595
There's a bit in the PGM. Other than that ask /ceg/; just don't mention the PGM or they'll moan about it being heresy
>>
>>37847621
Sorry what does PGM means?
>>
>>37847629
Pretty Gay Male
>>
>>37847595
Jesus was a Jew. Angels are also a part of Jesus-anity. If you have a problems with those and just want to "work with the Messiah directly instead", maybe just skip the magic and be a plain ole Jesus-ian.
>>
>>37847629
Papyri Graecae Magicae, the Greek Magical Papyri
>>
>>37847629
Pretty Gay, Mate
>>
>>37847094
Ghayat al-ḥakim / Picatrix
There are some differences. Not sure how fluent in Arabic or Latin you are.
>>
Are Hindu tantras as gated as Buddhist tantras? Like, if I study or adapt from something like the Netra Tantra or Yoni Tantra are there bhairavas that will fuck me up?
>>
>>37850332
Guru dicksuckers will say yes.
>>
Are there any uncrossing methods you guys recommend? I feel cursed at the moment.
>>
>>37850732
13 day uncrossing bath routine. Psalms 37 and/or 51. Get up before sunrise. Do the thing. Get rid of some bath water at the crossroads. Pray to God to take away all your crossed conditions. Throw in some Lord's Prayer, Hail Mary and Prayer to Saint Michael before and after your bath.
>>
>>37850751
Throw in some hyssop in the bath water if you want to go with the "purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean", if you want. Some people incorporate candle work into this. Like, walking through 2 lit candles when walking into the bath, and then blowing them out when walking out. There's all kinds of ways people add extra bits to this, but the key parts are the psalms, the bath, and throwing out the water at a crossroads.
>>
>>37836828
That' quite a wide topic ranging from planetary magic, to jinn evocation, to magic squares, to Islamic ruqya. And while there's aspects of Arabic magic that aren't Islamic, the Arabs have been Muslim for long enough that you'd find Quranic verses in use for quite a lot of stuff alongside bits of Jewish godnames and "asma suryani". This would go a lot easier if you're already (somewhat) Muslim and can read and write Arabic for charms and talismans, etc.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.