[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: judge-holden.jpg (88 KB, 512x512)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
So apparently Judge Holden was a real person. The fictional book of Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy was based on My Confession: Recollections of a Rogue, written by Samuel Chamberlain, which chronicled the exploits of the real Glanton Gang.
Judge Holden was described as a 6,6 tall and pale man, he could speak many languages, was both an excellent musician and marksman, and was rumored to be a pedophile with kids mysteriously going missing wherever the gang showed up.
It seems some of the things that Chamberlain wrote have been called into question and he could have very well made the Judge up but nonetheless, there is a pretty high possibility he was real, and with the exception of the immortality and superhuman strength part just like his characterization in Blood Meridian.
Anybody have any other interesting Wild West stuff?
>>
>>38261305
bump
>>
>>38261305
bumping, currently reading this book. I think the Judge is a brilliant character, evil but so well written
>>
>>38261577
I can also recommend Butcher's Crossing by John Williams.
>>
>>38261305
Teddy hunted a Bigfoot once
>>
>>38261786
Teddy Roosevelt?
>>
>>38261802
Yeah. Didn't find it, but he went looking, since apparently a sasquatch killed an outdoorsman or something, been awhile since I read about it so I can't remember what happened perfectly
>>
>>38261849
You're thinking of baumanns tale
>>
>>38262114
Yep
>>
>>38261305
As Judge holden himself says Anything is possible.
>>
>>38261305
>So apparently Judge Holden was a real person
A suffiently powerful demonhost or nephilim descendand is not realm of impossibility.
>>
File: 5455476567646535424430.jpg (363 KB, 1490x1191)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>38261305
This place is a place of the dead and the living in constant struggle. It is a desolate wasteland, unforgiving. Society ends upon the borders of the West.

People don't understand how few people live here. This land cannot sustain many. It is not healthy, it is not willing. It fights back. The dead spirits of the rebelling natives haunt this place. The wind blows cold in the winter, it does not let up until as late as May where I live - which is about 300 or so miles north of Montana along the I-15 and her connecting routes in Canada.

Imagine if the entire world became a no-mans land for about half the year. That is what we experience up in the north. To those further south, they either are subjected to the most agonizing of heat and brutal of droughts. They are given no comfort for years on-end in some regards. What I experience can be considered a pleasantry to those down there. And further east? The fucking storms themselves come down to the earth to wreak havoc and damage upon us. What the fuck kind of shit is that?

This entire place is a graveyard to millions. The collective knowledge of a hundred civilizations and a thousand generations has been wiped out. Sacrificed. And for what? Not a new age of prosperity - but what has turned to be chains which are holding humanity down. The freedom of the West died, so the slavery of society could begin finalizing it's global takeover.
>>
>>38261305
Alleged PNW logging camp attacked by bigfoots and abandoned. (not the later Ape Canyon story)

Wildman/woman of the Navidad.

Lot of old lake monster reports.
>>
>>38262559
what in the FUCK is this image trying to depict?
>>
>>38264508
His point is north america is cursed all to hell with the blood of 100+ million innocents, it's why all the cryptids here are the absolute worst nightmare fueled shit imaginable.
>>
>>38264720
The image anon. The IMAGE.
>>
>>38262559
Cope and seethe, injun.
>>
>>38262559
>This land cannot sustain many. It is not healthy, it is not willing. It fights back.
I believe that Evola came to a similar conclusion about how north america curses everyone who lives on it.

If you think about it, the western hemisphere has no native humans. It was a desolate void and tribes from the steppes migrated across and down. Human beings were never meant to live here, look at the civilizations that have tried. It's kind of haunting to think about.
>>
>>38262559
also you should write books, this is some good shit.
>>
File: 1709771620472155.png (513 KB, 976x1077)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
>>38262559
>>38261305
He says he will never sneed
>>
>>38262559
You write well, but this shit is true for the entire fucking Earth. People war and take land, it's the natural order of things.
>>
>>38265301
NO yuo dont get it, wyte people colonialism racism bad repent gib me ur monies
>>
>>38262559
That is called nature.
>>
He was real but died when one day, as he was taking a shit a fat Cherokee indian came up from behind and did a joint castration/scalping and left him there for the scavengers.
>>
File: Bison_skull.jpg (3.84 MB, 5689x4448)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
>>38265835
I think he was more lamenting about the death of the Old West and its freedom, individualism, and savageness.
>>
>>38267072
And also about the industrial machine that killed millions of humans and animals alike for the sake of profit as you can see in pic related, the north american bison almost went extinct.
>>
>>38262559
such is life on a deathworld. nichevo.
>>
>>38267229
True, did you know that most lifeforms are carbon-based and both oxygen and water are one of the most deadly poisons in the universe?
Imagine some ignorant alien watching in complete horror when he sees a human chugging down a bottle of water.
>>
>>38264720
theyre more terrified of us. they saw what we did to the giants and the sons of god. this is where they ran to, to get away from the old world.
>>38265026
it had 300 million people here before the chinese plague fleet came through in 1421 with their brand of death and desolation. the pilgrims plundered the graves and villages of dead tribes then wrote about it.
>>38267249
no one is stupid enough to let the monkeys out of their enclosure. they're probably horrified of us, outside of the perverts and weirdo science egghead types.
>>
File: Apache Leap.jpg (1.04 MB, 1024x768)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
Some interesting stuff in the Usury Mountains/Lost Dutchman State park outside of Phoenix.

Wind caves, which the Apache thought were portals to another world/where the gods lived. And every year a few people go missing hiking (or out searching for lost gold treasure supposedly in somewhere in the mountains) and end up being found later headless or mangled/crammed into crevices. Most likely dying of heat stroke and eaten by animals, but still interesting nonetheless.

Also a bunch of morbid places:

Massacre Falls
>Back in the 1840s, the Peralta family came from Northern Mexico to mine the gold-rich Superstition Wilderness. In 1848, they were preparing to head back to Mexico with their spoils when they were cornered and attacked by the Apache. All but a few members of the family were killed. After the attack, the Apache covered the entrance to the mine and hid the gold.

Apache Leap:
>We may never know what motivated the troopers of Company B of the Arizona Militia to follow cattle up a meandering cow path to the top of Apache Leap. After the climb to the top, the militia engaged the Apache. Seventy-five Apache were killed quickly. The remaining Apache, after considering the odds, decided not to continue the fight or to surrender. They decided to end the conflict by running toward the cliff's edge. The Apache warriors chose suicide over surrender.
>>
>>38267266
>no one is stupid enough to let the monkeys out of their enclosure. they're probably horrified of us, outside of the perverts and weirdo science egghead types.
Perhaps, honestly, I can't blame them. I have been hooked on HFY sci fi slob for the last year or so, It's weird since I can't get tired of it no matter how much I listen or read.
It has gotten to the point where I would immediately shoot at aliens if they don't look either human or like humans but hotter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.