[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is there an equivalent of santanity for buddhism? People worshipping mara, the demon king, god of desire and sensuality
>>
>>38261769
I don't know but I guess the complete opposite to Buddhism would either be Nietschzeanism or hedonism.
>>
>>38261769

>Ophanim Mik'Els Ganeshua:
"This is one of the reasons I left the Hindu Ruling House.
I warned them that the Western Ruling Houses would overtake them someday should they be unprepared in due time.
They did not heed my warning and so I desired to leave due to the culture on both sides of the veil.

To this day they consider me a traitor for leaving and eventually joining the Western Pantheons via specific names.
Hanuman-Sohn Wukong-GILGA(M/N)ESH-Oannes-Djehuty/Thoth and so on."
===
Note...read this as an ESOTERIC message at the very least.
>>
File: mara.jpg (17 KB, 194x260)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
mara is really just being overinvolved in the worldly
so yeah the top 1% is already doing that
>>
>>38261769

Worshiping ghosts and demons.
>>
>>38261769
No need, because Buddhism as it exists "in the wild" is syncretically practiced with native faiths which allow for the worship of deities, demons and human ancestors alike. This strict either/or prohibition only exists in abrahamic faiths, giving rise to the necessity of Satanism, as a logical counterpart,but eastern religions blend the LHP and RHP seamlessly.
>>
https://voca.ro/1hI5CfdrHDqM
https://voca.ro/19GDyN7nl7us

TL: DR
https://voca.ro/1gHO9OVqYVwl
>>
No. Unlike Christians, Buddhists didn't try to impose their religion on others so there was never a need for a counter-movememt like Satanism. Sorry.
>>
>>38262239
this
everything plays its part
>>
>>38262941
Then you don't know anything about buddhist development and history
>>
>>38262941

I was speaking on generalities. Of course there have been Buddhists who were intolerant of other religions and other sects of Buddhism. But it never approached the scale you see in Christianity.

But hey, if you want to be pedantic and try to out-nerd me in this feel free to bring up figures like Ashoka, Pal Dorje, and Nichiren. If you do then I'll just counter with the vast majority of Buddhist leaders and sects that either tolerated other faiths or syncrerized with them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.