[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sunrise-lile.gif (94 KB, 407x395)
94 KB
94 KB GIF
language is a bayesian game of truth. incomplete information about the receiver of your message results in a filtering of the truth. baseline reality (truth) has no syntax. language creates a sequential zero-sum imperfect information game of truth (the resource here is amount of truth). language is a processing, or filtering of truth through conscious interpreters. every conscious interpreter filters the truth more and more. like a chinese whispers game.

as a hyper-social species we utilize empathy to create stories which we form our view of reality around. we cascade and reflect our individual views of reality (the ones the individual creates) with others in a cybernetic empathy-mediated feedback loop process.
>i create a view of reality in my mind
>i enter the social sphere to see how it fits in
>i adjust my view of reality according to the consensus reality

"consensus reality/egregore/zeitgeist" are all similar terms for a view of reality agreed upon by members of a group through language ( = the sequential bayesian zero-sum truth game (the resource being pure data/TRUTH). so the more members, the less truthful & REAL the consensus reality becomes.

so the internet happened, right? the largest consensus realities before the internet was maybe a city, or a company or something; but then the internet emerged and literal billions of people connected; data flowed; incomprehensibly large amounts of semiotic data was able to be transferred instantaneously; the bayesian zero-sum truth game was played 1000x times more efficiently than before the internet.

then the result is right there > semiotic overload, unreality, "schizophrenia", mind collapse, reality collapse.

OUR REALITIES COLLECTIVELY COLLAPSED BECAUSE THE INTERNET CAUSED A SURGE OF BAYESIAN ZERO-SUM TRUTH GAMES.
aka INSTANTANEOUS GLOBAL TRANSFER OF LANGUAGE FILTERED REALITY TOO MUCH.
aka GLOBAL CHINESE WHISPERS GAME CAUSES INSANITY.

thank you for reading, hopefully it is useful
>>
>>38262187
>language is a bayesian game of truth
Spoken like someone who knows neither what language is nor bayesian nor game theory. Your writing is nothing more than a schizo markow chain. Just because you know some words (and you don't actually know, know) doesn't mean your haphazardly stringing them together makes you sound smart, it makes you sound like a mega dumbass, does a parrot know what it is saying? No, and neither do you.
>>
>>38262222
i love you
>>
>>38262222
relax chud

checked

but this doesn't make you any smarter than him lol
>>
>>38262187
I think reality is structured around servicing the largest penises, thus the BBC
>>
>>38262187
I know what you mean .
>>
I was with you until the 4th paragraph. I think the internet shattered consensus reality by offering an easily accessible alternative to the mainstream narrative propagated and maintained by the media conglomerates. That's why the world seems to have gone mad all of a sudden. "Reality" is coming apart at the seams like some mitosticizing amoeba. I think we are currently in the prophase, which means it'sgoing to get a lot wackier before things settle down and we all find ourselves in our new consensus reality.
>>
computer posts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.