[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cover-7.png (2.2 MB, 1400x1400)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
Hey /x/ newfag here just looking for good sources on grimoires and others objects of study and the like and I haven't found any good places. Any recommendations?

Pic unrelated, solid album though
>>
Were you making this same thread here and on lit?
You can get a good amount of material on british library, i think(i really dont care for reading pdfs but whatevs)
Eh, a lot of shit thats been written was intentionally made to misled the readers. Believe it or not, libraries have books on the occult, too. I dont reccomend "holistic", new agey hippie places. Check college libraries, second hand, thrifstores downtown. Dusty old places.
I don't really reccomend anything as, like i said, what passes as grimoire is mostly bullshit. But there are genuine manuals for things like astrology and making dangerous potions which don't pass themselves as "grimoire"
Look into the zohar (inb4 jew) yeah, yeah, but it actually contains talk about demonology, chrystals, astrology, dreams
Start with actual foundational works and leave shit like crowley and his ilk for... later. Better never
>>
>>38263504
Humots. Seek please.
>>
>>38263504
>https://annas-archive.org/md5/da7683ef4fd5f892a29c5e815b7d56aa
Geosophia: The Argo of Magic 1
Scarlet Imprint, 1, 2010
Jake Stratton-Kent
DESCRIPTION
>“Geosophia traces the development of magic from the Greeks to the grimoires, laying bare the chthonic roots of goetic ritual. By exposing the necromantic origins of much of modern magic we are able to reconnect with the source of our ritual tradition. There is a continuity of practice in the West which encompasses the pre-Olympian cults of Dionysus and Cybele, is found in the Greek Magical Papyri and Picatrix and flows into the grimoires. Rather than a muddle of superstition, the grimoire tradition is revealed as the living descendant of the ancient practices of the Goes. This is a work which redefines our understanding of the Western tradition, one which does not begin with Cabbala or Solomon, but rather descends into the Underworld and brings forth new life. The author illuminates scarce and overlooked texts with an incisive commentary, from volcanic conjurations to over 70 pages dealing with Picatrix. Following the voyage of the Argonauts, Geosophia offers biographies of the heroes.”
>>
>https://annas-archive.org/md5/ee3beea43e33dece270c787b0a95c875
Geosophia: The Argo of Magic 2
Scarlet Imprint, 2, 2010
Jake Stratton-Kent
>>
https://www.esotericarchives.com/
Peterson is the foremost grimoire scholar of the last 20 years and this is his site, which you should have a sift through. The books by Jake linked above are also fantastic.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.