[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 56745676.png (99 KB, 220x326)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
I'm s sucker for "group of people lost in the woods and otherwordly shit happening" movies.
>The Blair Witch Project
>The Ritual
>The Watchers
Got any other recommendations?
>>
File: clothesline.gif (1.91 MB, 426x240)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>38265734
If you've never seen Midsommar, that might scratch your itch. I don't have many off the top of my head.
>Cabin in the Woods, while not spooky, it takes place (mostly) innawoods and is paranormal in theme.
>Antichrist, not a group but a married couple and the monster is themselves
>The VVitch, I've never seen this one but it might be good for you from what I have seen of it.
>>
first movie that came to mind is "rituals" from 1977. its about some guys who get lost in the canadian wilderness
>>
>>38265765
>Midsommar
I have
>>Cabin in the Woods
damn good movie
>>Antichrist
have seen it, but also not quite what I'm looking for
>>The VVitch
also very good

thank you very much anyway, anon

>>38265771
I'll look into it
>>
>>38265734
there’s that online video of the russian dude in the woods, he’s deep in the middle of nowhere and hears something in the distance. He starts making calls out to it to try to figure out what it is, but the sounds it makes are worse than a mountain lion (which is likely what it was). Sounds like a screaming person.
>>
>>38265734
Ffs. I tried to get ANYONE to watch The Ritual but nope. Not one person did. Underrated film, excellent portrayal and exploration of male friendships.
>>
>>38265831
better than the book its based on, that's for sure
>>
Have you seen "The Village"?
>>
>>38265734
>>38265831
How did
>The Watchers
Compare to the other films in this thread? I hadn't heard about it before. As good as The VVitch?

Also so I can contribute something, it's not quite a 'lost in the woods' film but CREEP was awesome if you like found footage style. Was a breath of fresh air watching it.
>>
>>38265773
Don't listen to this anon. Cabin in the woods is shit and has Whedon's wet fingerprints all over it. Was one of the first woke movies to start them.
>>
I'm currently playing Alan Wake 2 and while it may be a game it covers everything you like anon. Even on a more elevated level
>>
>>38265846
>no diversity
>all straight white cast
>meta commentary on the horror genre while being a great horror film
Stfu.
>>
>>38265734
no through road (utube short)
local58 - You Are On The Fastest Available Route (utube short)

Gaia (2021)
In the Earth (2021)
pyewacket
the endless (2017)
the last winter (2006)
cabin fever
the ruins
Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made
annihilation (not really a horror movie)

bonus: missing 411: the hunted

IMDB these before you watch, IDK if they are exactly what you are looking for.
>>
>>38265850
>black male is seen as the righteous one. Smart one. The one white red head virgin crushes on
>2 way mirror where black male undresses willingly to red head
>white males are dumb and incompetent
Meta commentary doesn't hide what it's doing
>>
>>38266985
>new black intern for the scare team is the only one against the whole idea
>white male leaders of scare team are dumb and stingy
>>
File: sdkljsdfklj.jpg (177 KB, 1600x1065)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>38266985
>black male
look desu i forgot he was black. he is the most light skinned mfer i've ever seen, if he has kids with a white woman they'd be 100% bleached
>smart one
they are all smart. they are being drugged. this is explicitly told in the film.
>dumb white males
again. drugged. the stoner (white) is the only one to figure out whats happening. two white people are the only ones that survive till the end
>>38266994
>black is the only person against the plan led by dumb white males
and it is revealed that this plan is actually responsible for keeping the entire world from destruction, so being against it isn't some woke propaganda.
>>
>>38265850
>all straight white cast
Jason approves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7Mu3RuXmI
Girls kissing girls, not even once.
>>
>>38266985
At least that dude was beautiful.
>>
>>38267223
To be fair that's what Jason thinks sex is. No strong male figure in his life to teach him about the birds in the bees, mom was a crazy bitch, spent most of his life at the bottom of a lake with only an old tire as his friend. Yes, it's pretty embarrassing that the first his mommy insisted on doing all the killing for him, but still not as bad as Mikey Myers with is Kirk halloween mask where the third movie isn't even about him and his stabby adventures.
>>
>>38267223
I know some people swear by Jason X, but it just felt to me like they had a bunch of leftover props and actors from Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda and shoved Jason into it. Apparently the Brits like it.
>>
>>38267096
>all smart
They are not. They make it obvious that the nignog and the red head are the outliers of the group
>nignog of scare team says what they're doing is wrong
The movie ends with them destroying the entire scare team
>>
>>38267096
>lightskin mf
Like I said, it was one of the first films to start ushering in these same tropes we see today. Just got darker over time
>>
Bumping this thread
>>
>>38265844
OP here
Watched it today. Was watching it when I posted.
It doesn't hold up as well. It starts off kinda strong, but kinda yawns about 3/5 through. JMHO

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.