[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I really want to take him seriously bit the book is simply fairytale after fairytale. Was he genuinely being serious with his miraculous claims?

Also, something that really bugs me. If he was enlightened, how come he was fat? An enlightened being and elite practioner of yoga would not be overweight surely?
>>
I wanted to take him seriously too, but put his book down pretty quick. I think even osho is more credible.
>>
>>38265738
The SRF Lake Shrine is really nice. Was hesitant as I'm into Christ more than Eastern stuff but it's truly multi demoninational. My friend who took me also read his book and mentioned all the supernatural stuff. Idk, it is hard to believe...extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and all that. The fat thing doesn't matter, and if it did I wouldn't consider him fat anyways.
>>
Yes, of course miracles are real, they are a foundation of humanity's spiritual life and history. However they require extreme conditions and when one meets those conditions they realize they would only show their powers to most for egoic reasons
>>
>>38265738
>If he was enlightened, how come he was fat?
Do you know what the first thing the Buddha said was, after he found enlightenment?
>Let's eat!
His followers were very strict at the time and they took this as him no longer being serious about his spiritual path so they left him.
>>
>>38265738
I feel like "enlightenment" is just a bunch of subtle unspoken tricks you do in your mind to hook yourself on feeling basically satisfied all the time. Alan Watts was an alcoholic. If you can persuade yourself to get hooked on pleasure and happiness, it makes sense that vice will take you over once you pass that event horizon into that kind of brain state. Most of this esoteric stuff is a more complex and subtle form of escapism, which is why normal people are instinctively repulsed by it.
>>
>>38266764
That was my take, until I put research into practice. The root of enlightenment is awareness which does not allow for you to trick yourself as it is all pervasive. Awareness is not truth, but it is the only way to find true things. Among those true things there are certainly paths to distract yourself, to limit your awareness. If your aim is only bliss, enlightenment will be hard to find. Yet, if that is your aim, you are likely to believe you have it all the same.
>>
>>38265738
Don't waste your time. Eastern spirituality is a scam.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/gkKItYtDxmyx
>>
>>38265738
This dude has serious anrichrist energy
>>
>>38266864
I saw the hyperborean/swatstika in the depths of a deep psychedelic trip, but the easterns knew about the swatstika forever, yet we dont discuss that. Youre onto something

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.