[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Was there more to this than the silly belief that armageddon would follow the resetting of the date system come the new millenium?
>>
>>38266061
Anon, look around you. What do you see?
Has the armageddon happend? Do you see a world or just a big nothing? Did you ever meet God?

No?

Why do you ask.

The year 2000 was in no way special. Really experts are not sure when Jesus was born. But from the logic of how or calender works, the year 2001 would be 2000 years after the year 1 and since the number of years are ordinals, there were no year 0.

Don't wast your time with the 2000s problem. It's solved.
>>
>>38266061
Y2038 will be more interesting
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem
>>
>>38266061
People always think big round numbers are important.
>>
>>38266061
Yes, it is. The periods of time between 1999 and 2019 are permanent past. This is a nexus for the entire world to be able to die and respawn back in time before the events of the world unfolded. Death is literally never again a thing to be worried for. The thing to be worried for is if you never die and miss out on going to heaven.
>>
>>38267042
I honestly don't think 2038 will be scary, or at least in comparison to how the public treated Y2K. From what I see on the page it seems like there's solutions already to the problem.
>>
No.38266061
alot of pre 80's computered failed to boot
and pree 2000's machines needed a patch so they didn't do the same thing.

what people found out is you just set it to a earlier date and the problem goes away.
it only effects computers made before 2000
and many computers of that type are milltary most are pre sixties computers
only the f35 would not need a update.
the f22 would need the update since its still rocking a early 90's cpu.

this would have been really bad if the nukeclear missile computers went nuts.
or melted down a nukeclear silo
most of these are pre 80's computers
and all airliners have a large ammount of pre 80's aircraft many are very much past their used by date.
this is why crashes are happening alot too.
because the wing airframes are getting too week to fly.

but you know corruption. they just push this under rug again.
and pretend it never happend.
corruption is very strong thing in the car and airplane industry i'm sad to say.
pretty scary at the time.

bnut like i said setting the date to an earlier date or using a patch pci-card fixed the issue.

at anyrate most 80's computers are failing to age
and 90's/2000 computers are going the same way.

i just hope they have enough parts to replace the more important ones if something goes wrong.
because these super old machines are in all infrastructure.
heck people don't even know how to wrote code to these machines if the hard disk dies let alone a complete computer failure.

But i'm sure it would be just fine :3

any way the bug only happens to be most problematic on airplanes if their clock can't update.
>>
>>38268075
I like how a Y2K guy came out of the woodwork and said this is why planes are crashing
>>
>>38268075
Nukes aren't real.
>>
>>38267042
lol, now we had 64 bits to date vars...But things will get scary after that.
>>
>>38266061
There was some reality to it but it was milked for expensive contracts.
>>
>>38268241
Nukes are real and U238 is fissile.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.