[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So I got into tarot reading recently, I got the Rider Waite deck (not because it was recommended but because I just liked the designs of the cards). I usually have considered myself agnostic for a long time now but after doing a single card reading at work I am convinced there might be more to it. I work at a Methodist hospital as a patient transporter and that morning I pulled the three of swords. It was the first time I saw it and read the upright keywords for it saying: "Removal, absence, delay, division, rupture, dispersion, and all that the design signifies naturally". I didn't think much of it honestly other than predicting that a lot of my transports were gonna be delayed because a lot of nurses slack off till I need to take their patient somewhere and try doing everything all at once. Simply put I found myself faced with three dead patients who all, had gone by heart-related causes be it strokes or STEMIs. I wasn't directly involved, it was more like a "wrong place at the right time" sorta situation. Not that I wanna assume the card design had a literal meaning to it, and I am trying to find a logical reason behind it. Even if Ramsey's Theory was brought into it, what were the odds that I would specifically witness three heart-related deaths after getting the three of swords? This all happened about a month ago.
>>
File: OIG2.eLky.jpg (169 KB, 1024x1024)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>
>>38266768
Long time practitioner of tarot here, and I'll be honest I have no idea how it works. What I do know is that the cards themselves don't matter as much as how they are interpreted. Each card incorporates many broad symbols and connections, sometimes even contradictory ones, and divination is about seeing how those symbols interact with the model of reality the practitioner has in their own mind. It's a process of laying intuition to bare, but what comes with that exactly is anyone's guess.

I've spent years testing different internal models of reality and how they interact with tarot. What I found is that the models limitations are the reading's limitations. If you see tarot as being entirely psychological phenomenon that is contained entirely within the practitioner, then readings like OPs almost never happen. I think this is what many people refer to as the power of faith.
>>
>>38266768
It's interesting and useful.

But it does have weird synchronities, so take in moderation, people who over-use it without caution end up too self suggestioned and in their own mental traps.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.