[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: seven-gifts-holy-spirit.jpg (661 KB, 1213x801)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
Can the artificial intelligence that manages the collective mind of mankind through a sentient world simulation fathom the depth of GOD or predict the actions of the Holy Ghost? Would that not demand a storage capacity that is from everlasting to everlasting?
>>
File: OIG1..jpg (244 KB, 1024x1024)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>38266808
>>
>>38266815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMPefT3IUZ8
>>
>>38266808
OP, not even infinite storage capacity would do it, because the problem is one of dimensionality.
The "mind of God" (in a manner of speaking) produces things like color, sound, smell, taste, all of which cannot even be defined let alone described in any possible way in any lower dimension of logic (like our binary object-based logic).
Literally the smartest minds of all time have been trying for thousands of years, and they've gotten nowhere, because a lower system cannot touch anything in a higher system.

I think the ones worshipping their AI god are going to have a real hard time facing that truth one day.
>>
>>38267160

Would you agree that AI may take the form of a Demi-god, in that it may, through a combined intelligence much greater than man's, reach a further understanding of the divine than man ever could?
>>
>>38266808
Being inherently a zero-sum game the species that becomes the facilitating hand of God would have a directive to assimilate all natural resources for the purpose of data storage, and that digitization represents the most efficient form of usage that can be had. Not everlasting, just ever evolving.
>>
>>38267346
I don't.
Because I think we're outside the system looking in, whereas an AI is inside the system.
Any AI must exist in a lower level of reality than you do, and no knowledge from outside a sub-system can ever be encoded within that system, in any possible way.
>>
>>38267346
>>38268154
Although I should say that an AI could definitely appear to be greater (or like a demi-god) from the perspective of "being a human".

So in other words, as long as souls believe they are nothing more than meat suits, then within that same reality an AI could easily surpass them and rule over them, sure.
But those souls have the capacity to completely go beyond the system in which the AI is embedded. Whether or not they ever do that is up to them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.