[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (29).jpg (8 KB, 206x245)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Instead of doing the usual wee woo shit where I tell you about how the world is an illusion, I'll actually do something useful and catch you up on the current research involving anomalous abilities.

Long story short, Morris Friedman has worked for years to determine which factors help or hinder psi abilities and he found out people who can manifest effectively have lower-than-expected neuron firing rates in their frontal lobe.
>https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/38065765/
Now as you may or may not know, this region's functioning becomes naturally impaired you sleep, which could be the reason LoA as Neville Goddard intended it to be is achieved best when you're feeling sleepy. Meaning that there is a connection dreaming and manifestation, which is natural to think about if you've lucid dreamed before.

Now let's get to the good stuff. There are drugs and pharmaceuticals that hinder frontal lobe functioning, such as:
>Alcohol
>Antidepressants
>Antipsychotics
>Benzodiazepines
>Sedatives, generally speaking
(1/2)
>>
(2/2)
Now I'm not telling you to do drugs with other potential fucked up side effects, I'm merely helping you make a tentative, qualitative connection. Remember that the study was made for people with slight or reversible lesions to the lobe, so don't go chemically scraping off a huge chunk, which WILL leave you retarded. Now for the practical implications of this. Magical operations are 3 step procedures, easy
> Selection of the event to manifest
>Holding an immutable belief in that it has happened
>Letting go of the desire
While frontal lobe lesions cannot really help with the first step, they could help with the other two. Very minor fontal lobe lesions result in short term memory loss (think booze) accompanied by a feeling of woozy laid-back optimism, which would naturally favour establishing a belief AND letting go of the desire due to the short term memory loss. This means that if someone were to irresponsibly take a measured dose of a sedative after doing very careful research then they COULD try and do those 2 steps right and MAYBE expect good results.
>>
>>38267080
In addition to all this, Chat GPT says melatonin would be an easy drug to acquire over the counter, which works as a sedative.
>>
>>38267080
>>38267074
>after few thousand years anon discovers shamanic trance induced with booze/drugs
wowee incredible what's next? chicken rituals, dancing for water?
this fucking board ehhhh
>>
>>38267486
You're missing the big picture here, it's not word of mouth anymore, it's research published in an actual journal and it's not that every drug does this, only some do.
This is just ONE factor that contributes to magical abilities, surely there are other parts of the brain that can be prodded to boost these abilities.
>>
>>38267074
Hello Coyote
>>
>>38267860
hey pal buddy pal
>>
>>38267074
The chad retard is the best mage and that's why God appears to favor fools and drunks
>>
>>38268233
I've been saying that for nearly two years and LoA people always get offended

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.