[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dowsing.jpg (79 KB, 700x545)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Does it work? If it does then how? I've heard people say that you can find water, oil, gold and also ghosts with it. I've heard it said that you have to have some of whatever substance you're looking for on you to dowse for it. Also that you can use many things to engage in dowsing like pendulums, rods, wands and even your own body. There's also many who've claimed dowsing is used by the government and other organizations to look for resources and other things too. What's the truth?
>>
File: 7591032429.jpg (92 KB, 443x564)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>38268905
Herodotus related to us that the statue of Amun at Siwa 'nodded' when people would ask it questions. This sounds really strange if you've never heard about dowsing. I have a strong gut feeling that they were actually somehow using this statue to contact and get answers from the ghosts of dead Pharaohs. I'm not exactly sure how it worked, maybe they shook the whole statue back and forth like how you would dowse with a wand and it would start nodding? Anyways, food for thought.

>YHM8
>>
In the context of "dowsing for where to drill to find water or oil", it seems like total bullshit.
From what I've seen, it's just a coin toss.
The 'dowsers' I've known were just dudes with a good knowledge of the water table / oil deposits, that used the spoopy minbojumbo aspect for job security.
That being said, I'm open-minded on the issue of humans being able to hone some sort of sensory skill to do things akin to dowsing.
>>
>>38269031
Also if you want to know how to dowse with a wand just point it in front of you and shake it up and down rapidly between your thumb and index finger. Exactly like if you wanted a "rubber pencil". Continue doing this and if you get something the wand should move on it's own between your fingers either to the right or left. Let it do this so it can direct you. Give it a try!
>>
>>38269150
I've never dowsed for oil personally so I cannot vouch for it's efficacy in those regards. However there's usually a technique for this sort of thing, but I can't say I know of one for you. So no luck with natural resources but I have been able to get it responding to my questions. I just started talking to it and things moved pretty quickly. It's always identified itself as a ghost. However it's been reluctant to give any information about it's life or what the afterlife is actually like. It tells me it's haunting me now and it's responses are consistent. Every time I pick up a pendulum, rod or wand it's there. A cool thing to show my friends and family at least. They've gotten the same answers from it too. I've just come to accept it as a part of my life. Even though I haven't learned much from this soul it's given me a profound interest in the practice of dowsing nonetheless.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.