[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I was having an OCD compulsion and was gonna break out the tarot deck when my cat came up and got on my lap so I can't get up.
Good kitty.
>>
>>38388476
Trying to be Christian? Many such cases. Just throw it away.
>>
>>38388493
No, just trying to fight the OCD. Irs like a demon. "Oh you're anxious? If you do X you'll be less anxious." but it's not true. It alway lies. The relief you feel is like a temporary hit from a drug and every time you give in it feeds it more.
>>
>>38388507
It is like a demon. You should throw those cards away. Trust me. I have the exact same problem.
>>
>>38388514
Even if I do, I could use online tarot card generators. I understand removing temptation, but I need to build resilience, too. I need to build up the strength to say no, and kitty is helping.
>>
>>38388529
Building up strength is good in theory, but I would say the first step to resisting temptation is avoiding it.
>>
>>38388529
Do whatever works for you. You can do it, anon.
>>
>>38388539
Correct. It's just hard with the OCD-demon because it will attach itself to something else and you can't throw away everything.
Even tonight it's only acting up because I have been under stress and today's the first day I haven't had correspondence with the stress source. It's like it's looking for problems.
When I was younger I thought the "voice" was psychic powers, but I know now even when it's correct, it's wrong about how to handle problems.
>>
>>38388557
Interesting, you've clearly taken the time to know yourself in the context of this struggle.
Good luck, there is no version of this world where victory is impossible.
>>
>>38388615
Thank you anon and other poster.
I'm gonna give cat a treat and get some sleep.
>>
I fucking love tarot readers. I don't get anxiety if I can't get a reading but I do get frustrated because I find them to be so useful.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.