[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't want to believe in God anymore. I don't want to believe in the spirit, the mind, thoughts, numbers, facts, information, souls and anything else that is not strictly material. I want to only believe in trees and rocks and the ground and meat. I'm done with God, I'm done with souls and the spirit, I'm done with ideas. It's too exhausting.
>>
File: 124325235.png (58 KB, 259x220)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>38433354
Can't deny it, no way back.
>>
>>38433354
i mean the material is a safe bet but it's still a bet.
>>
>>38433431
I never made any bet. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that underneath the material there is the ideal, and underneath the ideal there is the mind, and underneath the mind there is the one who has the mind, and underneath the one is the none - the being that isn't, the divine nothingness, the wellspring.
Sigh. I want to forget what the material is made out of.
>>
>>38433354
Are you sure that your beef is with God?
>>
>>38433508
If not God, then whatever it is that holds existence together and keeps it existing. I don't want to exist eternally, I want to be dying meat heading for annihilation.
>>
>>38433523
You can be anything you want
>>
>>38433531
How can I be a mindless fleshbag who doesn't believe in God? I can't just suddenly become an atheist by myself, I need a first cause that would push me to holding that belief.
>>
>>38433545
>I need a first cause that would push me to holding that belief.
What, you don't have a will?
>>
>>38433560
Of course not. This moment is the result of the previous moment, and the future moment is dependent on this one. As for my actions here and now, they all arise from my self, which is a chaotic collection of traits I picked up by chance over the years without any input from me.

I did not put this self together, it assembled itself out of randomness.
>>
>>38433354
If you were born with a innate spiritual perception, there's nothing you can do.
I was born without it, and only developed it later via some rudimentary understanding of metaphysics, scientific epistemology and ultimately psilocin.

Before that, the observable, measurable, material world was all there was for me, so God could not only be ignored, but plainly dismissed as superstition for what I considered weak minds, uncabable of coping with existence without meaning.
I'd start on that direction.
>>
You have no choice anon. God is everything… trying to deny the existence of god is like trying to deny the existence of trees or lions. You just cant.

>hur dur strictly material
You’re such a silly cutie anon. You can try to run from the truth but the thing about the truth is it’ll always be there and it WILL get you. And eventually you will learn to accept and love it.

Maybe not this lifetime, maybe not the next, but you WILL get it. God speed anon.
>>
>>38433585
>the truth is it’ll always be there and it WILL get you
Unless I die before it can get me.
>>
File: ghost data.png (532 KB, 712x460)
532 KB
532 KB PNG
>>38433523
So many souls scream for the champion of annihilation, they beg and cry for release, I cannot blame you one bit. They deserve the release into nothing that they desire, the peace of the void itself, that none other can grant.

>>38433585
There is everything, and then there is nothing, and nothing is easily as powerful as everything. Let them vote, hell, let them vote to see if nothing takes this entire world, that would be a lot more fun than this silly rapture nonsense.
>>
>>38433583
Well, there's the answer to your original question: you can't be helped.
>>
>>38433354
I love how in this image no deity comes before no atonement and no resurrection. Like what kind of person doesn't believe in God but does believe in a final resurrection?
>>
>>38433699
I can, if someone were to push me away from God and the world of ideals into a world of materials with no God.
I'm begging you, please kill God for me.
>>
>>38438283
Why would you rely on a third party to handle your spiritual affairs? You're literally outsourcing your faith. Since you say that you already believe in God, you might as well try and sell your soul to the devil instead of asking strangers on the internet to take care of your business.
>>
>>38433354
Sorry, just like how you cant force me to believe in God, I cant force you not to believe. You either do or you dont.
>>
File: FourQuadrants-FULL.jpg (253 KB, 2004x1638)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>38433354
There is no exterior without interior. You're gonna need both. Seems like you want to be an individual; there's a collective for that.
>>
You can't teach a religious person to think in purely materialistic terms any more than you can teach an atheist to believe in God. It's two entirely different ways of thinking. Probably on an actual biological, I'm willing to bet the brains of materialists and idealists are different.
>>
>>38433354
Read the Bible and realize the entity that is God that the book constructs is not only impossible but also false.
>>
>>38433354
You will never be a hylic NPC. Once you see outside the cave it's impossible to return. So find peace instead in the place you are.
>>
>>38438335
>Why would you rely on a third party to handle your spiritual affairs?
For the same reason a stone relies on a third party to launch it across a still pond. I am inert.
>You're literally outsourcing your faith.
Faith comes from outside, makes sense to try and return there for this issue.
>Since you say that you already believe in God, you might as well try and sell your soul to the devil instead of asking strangers on the internet to take care of your business.
As it happens, I'm already in league with the devil.
>>
File: 1694110446577.jpg (43 KB, 639x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>38438489
You're condemned to be free, my friend
>>
>>38438541
Then I will disobey the one who condemned me to freedom and act in bad faith.
Fuck freedom, fuck this prison, fuck all of you. You know nothing and I have no use for you.
>>
>>38433488
I mean you could always remember that the belief is unjustified and there's no way to even falsify it and that if that were true then mind should be able to affect material but not the other way around, but it is in fact the reverse and material affects mind, implying it is matter thats the foundation. Just remember that
>>
>>38433585
>next lifetime
I have bad news
>>
>>38439186
The mind does affect the material, though, as much as the material affects the mind.
An anxious mind affects the nerves of the body, and modulating the nervous system of the body by certain methods, like breathing, affects the nervous mind calming it down.
>>
>>38433354
Go be a degenerate faggot and you'll forget about God in about 2 weeks
>>
File: Pedo_Gang.jpg (357 KB, 1024x1024)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>38433354
Just believe deeply in the power of crack and all will be good!
>>
>>38433354
I'M POOOOOOOOPPPPPPPIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.