[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1688547979880821.jpg (13 KB, 540x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I've always loved spooky things, even when I was a kid but sometimes I wonder if it's sinful
>>
yes, better leave this board
>>
>>38436349
>I've always loved spooky things, even when I was a kid but sometimes I wonder if it's sinful
There is no sin. Do what you want. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise - if you wish.
>>
>>38436378
You can do what you want, but you can't avoid its consequences. There are things that are bad for you,

>>38436349
but that is not one of them, don't worry.
>>
>>38436349
You tell me, this is the paranormal board and it's full of christcucks.
>>
File: 9595500231941.jpg (13 KB, 329x206)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>38436349
Christian institutions don't want you to study the occult, because they don't want you to find out the truth about the bible and "god".
>>
>>38436349
you believe in a guy who was god, died, and came back, and will come back again to raise the dead
I'm pretty sure you can't be a christian without believing in paranormal
>>
File: IMG_6104.jpg (135 KB, 500x709)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Wether you want to or not, you will die for the fiction paradigm that poses as israel.
>>
>>38436349
It is forbidden to traffic with the dead in any way.
>>
>>38436349
Sure you can be into the paranormal, but you have to filter it through your religious lens. A lot of religious shit would be categorized as paranormal. You can believe angels exist, but seeing them flying around would be pretty out of the normal. Hearing a burning bush speak in the Voice of the Lord, for instance.

The Vatican recently had a big announcement about the supernatural. Basically they want to have an official say in what's, ahem, official. So recognition or dismissal of miracles, that sort of thing.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/vatican-city/news/2024-05/dicastery-doctrine-faith-supernatural-phenomena-norms.html

They even have some positions that they're cool with ayys (sorry, ayys are demons anon). I'm sure cryptids are also God's creatures, a lot of which can be quite vicious tempered and deadly. Oh, and you'll probably need to burn witches on sight. Not sure how much wiggle room you have in sparing goth kids.
>>
>>38436349
depends on the christian. just joking. isnt what typically denoted as "paranormal" also just what's within the "spiritual" realm. isnt god paranormal? Isnt god an extraterrestrial entity in and of himself. Isnt technically the truth no matter how you look at it?
>>
>>38439783
I'd have to say God would be paranormal, as well as all his miracles, if we believe that God basically defies scientific understanding and analysis, yeah.
>>
File: wendigoon-image.jpg (13 KB, 300x300)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>38436349
>>
Paranormal as in cryptids and shit? church dont give a fuck.
Occult shit like magic and alchemy? specifically banned unless it meshes with current theology like studying Christian metaphysics, exorcisms, miracle working
>>
>>38440983
It's funny because during there have been plenty of supposed spells over the years for evoking the favor of angels, archangels, and even saints. As expected the church was not happy about that shit. Basically it was a more forceful way to gain favor of these beings than prayers specifically to those entities, as instead of just politely asking it was outright trying to summon them into action. But the church also loathed praying to angels and saints as well.
>>
>>38436349
This is is the kind of shit Christians worry about, everyone. Instead of just researching it and finding the truth
>>
>>38441118
yeah, I mean the church didnt want people doign it but people came up with entire types of magic to communicate with the dead, scry, etc. The more interesting part is a lot o it wasnt immediately, only after it was later deemed so, or was found to be abused or just banned because magic was over all. ALchemy was only banned after people started ripping people off en mass in the 13th century onward, not because of what they did as an art
>>
>>38436349
You're a domesticated cow.
>>
File: 1oumuamuaandtimeline.jpg (1.08 MB, 1920x2016)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Yes, you should know things about the enemy. How they'll move against you, what tricks they'll use against you. How they operate. You be wise and know what they do, and what they are, but you don't do what they do.

God's people perish for lack of knowledge, and that will never have been more true than what it's about to be, in a little over a month.
>>
>>38441189
Reminds me that spiritualism in the US is said to have gotten a big push after the Civil War. Nearly every family had someone who had died, or at least friends of the family that died. It became big business to see the power for people to communicate with their deceased loved ones, and spiritualism carried on past the 1920s. Some of it is still active today. There's actually Spiritualist Churches.

Reason I bring it up is there is a perception that these were times when Americans were considered quite devout. The holy rollers and teetotalers were a big enough lobby to get booze banned for a time! Still a big time for seances, though. Used to be quite big for affluent and well educated. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was suckered in by a number of them (not sure if he was party to the magical lesbian show where the woman stripped down and had her female "assistant" finger her to prove she wasn't hiding ectoplasm up her cooch).
>>
>>38436349
sorry champ
>>
>>38436349
You don't go to the paranormal, the paranormal comes for you.
>>
>>38436349
Don't follow the church

Follow God
>>
>>38436349
It's a sin if u aint getting rid of curses, no point in studying it if ur not going to use ur knowledge.
>>
Dont fall for this trap anon... I have had 2 close friends come into contact with this type of stuff, they were very smart christians who knew about theology and faith more than the average joe churchgoer shmoe.
Oh what pain came to their lifes, and my own, afterwards. 1 got hospitalized and the other got into weird fetishy sex cults. I tried to, but I lacked the will to fully go throught with it, I only learned it out of curiosiry but never put it in practice. Dont
>>
>>38436349
Ironically, Christianity is the only paranormal stuff that is real and has evidence
>>
>>38441334
thing is it still wasnt seen as that bad even then, spirit mediums were just kind of ignored, not ot mention we're talking about CHurches in America, protestants and evangelicals, who do whatever the fuck they want anymore and have for decades, so its not THAT shocking
>>
>>38436349
It's only a sin if you're an asshole or bad at it. Jesus was a mage, live up to his example.
>>
>>38436349
Always remain humble.
>>
retard
>>38436606
and /trash/ trannies like you and i wish you'd both fuck off
>>
>>38436349
Yes. My advice is to put the name of Jesus Christ to the test when you see anything supernatural or experience anything super natural. In my experience, in the face of overwhelming power, it becomes exceeding difficult to even utter the name. Who knows? Maybe you can do it.
>>
You can't. Now leave. Go back to /pol/ there is your place.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.