[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: visual experience.png (15 KB, 1820x1204)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
What did I experience last night?

It was too hot last night so I meditated in the common room where it was cooler for about an hour in the dark. For the first 55 or so minutes it was nothing, mind drifting, constantly redirecting myself to my breath. Typical beginner meditation stuff. Around the 55 minute mark, something started to happen.
>breathing slowed down and went shallow
>mind went quiet
>body stopped fidgeting and went completely still
>in my eyes under my eyelids a blue ring formed, that slowly collapsed into a blue dot (picrel)
>as the ring focused into a dot, a sensation of quiet, peaceful elation arose in my body
>joyous feeling remained for about 5 minutes until a noise outside startled me out of it.

Any idea what it was I experienced? Any theory is appreciated, or if there's a technical term for it that would be cool too.
>>
>>38437424
Taste of enlightenment.
>>
>>38437645
Thanks for responding, but that seems unlikely after less than an hour. It was still awesome though.
>>
>>38437717
A taste, fren. Enlightenment is maintaining that degree of presence indefinitely, and I would imagine to a much deeper degree and the lucidity that comes with it. Of course maintain is the wrong word. There is no doer. Or something like that, don't think about it too much. Quickest way to become removed from it.
>>
File: IMG_1755.jpg (122 KB, 564x828)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>38437424
I was both restless and lethargic at the same time. I put off walking my dog for forever, ended up going around 10:30 pm, during which I saw visions of the future and got the feeling that I was indeed seeing the future. I had like a hot flash combined with frisson, but all good. It was quite the unique experience. I came home to discover the huge solar proton storm just popped off. I then bought and listened to “bringers of the dawn” as I went to bed, and it aligns with a lot of what my guides are actively trying to teach me. Good night overall, woke up exhausted though.
>>
>>38437424
Your Monkey Mind played some hanky-panky visual nonsense on you. You want to look for the Abyss, the darkest Darkness, the Nothingness. This is the place to be to meet the Self.
>>
>>38438794
>Your Monkey Mind played some hanky-panky visual nonsense on you
Seems completely plausible. What about the sensation?

>You want to look for the Abyss, the darkest Darkness, the Nothingness. This is the place to be to meet the Self.
Vague woowoo nonsense. Only someone desperate for something to believe in could fall for a line like that.
>>
>>38437424
"Jhana" - look it up
>>
>>38439013
The sensation is a nice-to-have but temporary.

>Only someone desperate for something to believe in could fall for a line like that.

No really, meditate until you find this place and drop into it. It looks like you were close but visual woowoo nonsense has put you offtrack.
The question is, do you have enough time to watch all the garbage your mind could possibly come up with during Meditation. Probably not.
>>
File: 1649035808592.gif (81 KB, 200x249)
81 KB
81 KB GIF
>>38437717
I think you're limiting your own progress.
Who said you have to meditate for hours upon hours at any given time in order to make progress or experience new things?

Time isn't linear. We just experience it as linear because it makes it easier to process things. Time may not even exist -- at least in the way most of us commonly think of it.

Don't let yourself become limited by what you perceive to be absolute rules of existence, life, or nature.
We don't know anything about anything. It would be sort of arrogant to think we have the "rules" figured out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.