[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aHQtTW9kLndlYnA.jpg (135 KB, 640x440)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
How do you feel about the idea that every website has it's own spirit? And I mean that literally, like an otherworldly entity, that has influence there? I really do feel it sometimes.

4chan has a personality, Reddit has a personality, Twitter has a personality, Discord has a personality. Twitch has a personality. Youtube has a personality. They just do.
Those sites rub off on people as much as the people shape them.

What inhabits the net?
>>
>>38437830
It's not a wild idea. Websites are hives of ideas and emotions, usually pretty in sync. Pretty decent place for godforms to start crystallizing, though I doubt it's happened yet. Kek is probably the closest we've gotten.
>>
>>38437883
I wonder if maybe they've always been there, and it's us who found them.
>>
>>38437830
yes humans do change based on their environment
>>
>>38437936
That doesn't even make sense, when applied to websites, which are just different front-ends for text communication.
Though I'm not opposed to the idea that actual countries have a spirit either. Why are European Americans so different to Europeans? It's only been a few hundred years. It's as if something in the soil got into them.
>>
If you think about it as a metaphysical set of pre-defined principles which pre-determine that every non-physical "environments" have a god to them, then yeah. For example, a lot of us will agree that Satan is the ruler of Earth. Just like how we associate other Gods with other planets. Every single planet in this universe has a God/Ruler (probably). If you compare internet websites to that of Planet Rulers then yeah there are literal spirits of websites. It all relates back to the metaphysical and how consciousness works
>>
>>38437978
It's the willpower and spirit of the people. Not to get political, but look at africa. No matter how much you give them, they just destroy and destroy
>>
File: 1694797033154367.jpg (213 KB, 1280x720)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>38437830
Relevant: https://youtu.be/uRpbPgrxY5k
>>
>>38437830
>How do you feel about the idea that every website has it's own spirit?
Yeah definately possible. Or at least an egregore of energy, that might be largely unconscious.
Old philosophers used to believe cities had their own spirits.
>>
>>38437830
>reddit
>personality

pick one.
>>
I do believe that the internet or at least certain websites are possessed by demons because of how evil is manifesting.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.