[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: offer.jpg (59 KB, 1442x192)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I don't understand the concept of offering sacrifices to the Gods. I especially don't understand offerings of food that will be eaten later - so what kind of offering is that? Does anyone understand this concept?
>>
You're not offering the physical items. You're offering value. You value the food, right? You value good drink? Wealth, hand crafted items? By presenting them as sacrifice, you simultaneously show respect to and empower the being/concept/whatever you're sacrificing to.
Sacrificing things you don't care about is pointless at best.
>>
>>38438616
Forgot to mention the gifting aspect. It used to be a huge part of western cultures to give and receive gifts at any opportunity to form bonds. It's part of why hospitality was such a huge deal. You share and suddenly everyone gets along, lots of good will going around.
Same concept with gods. You want to form that connection, and when you give them gifts, if they're worth anything, you'll get gifts in return.
>>
>>38438582
if your gods like shiva who you understand to be the light that allows enjoyment or even consciousness to occur, then bam, you make an offering, acknowledge its source, then consume it, recognizing the passage of the single light that isn't possible without the divine
same concept as christians saying thanks for their meals

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.