[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1367.jpg (58 KB, 600x600)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
what religion most closely aligns with simulation theory?
>>
>>38438962
The demiurge

Now are we gonna talk about chip chan?
>>
gnosticism, in a way
>>
wish there was a modern sect of gnosticism with simulation hypothesis as its main thesis. i’d go to that church
>>
>>38438962
Double slit is evidence of the multiverse. Quantum superpositions are caused by particles interacting with their counterparts in other realities which are all identical. The universe is very big, and not many religions account for this.
Buddhist philosophy gets close.
>>
>>38439114
Layers, the spirit realm is like that, just earth overlapping with anima, is what animism used to believe I have no idea where are they now

Now what happened to chip-chan, creepy korean anon who made signs
>>
File: Paco.png (315 KB, 472x458)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>38438962
>simulation theory
>>
>>38439114
>excite fluid with laser
>see waves
>type the rest of this shit
>>
File: 1721687498403469m.jpg (71 KB, 1024x640)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Efraim literally just uploaded a video about this less than a week ago. You and Google need to leave me and my personal life alone
>>
Lovecraftian Mythos (older than simulation theory, we are just the dream of something we can't fathom and when it wakes up this all ends)
>>
File: Discc.jpg (524 KB, 800x792)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>38438998
you rang?
>>
File: the wisdom of conan.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1100)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>38438962
Depends on the simulation type, to an extent, but if this is a simulation so are all religions, thus they're all as equally valid as they were before you became convinced you were living in a simulation. Still as for types of sims...

A lot has been said about a Matrix style sim run on computers where we're all just digital code. That's fine, I suppose. Gets a lot of push with people convinced there's all kinds of glitches in the simulation. However, consider this. Higher dimensional lifeforms would have, to us, amazing powers. They would not be bound by time, nor space, able to move between universes at will. To put this into perspective, as 3D beings with limited one-way access to the dimension of time, we would have amazing abilities if we were to enter a 2D realm. Specifically we'd have the amazing powers of Up and Down. We can observe them from above or below, and they'd never know we were there, as they are only able to perceive their two-dimensional plane. In fact, if we were to descend into that plane they could only perceive us as a cross section, one section of us at a time.

Why am I saying all that? The higher dimensional beings have similar abilities that are perfectly natural to them but which would be fabulous to them. Now imagine if these higher dimensional beings were to, say, trigger the Big Bang. They create the pocket of space-time where our universe exists, in fact creating our entire reality. They can also enter into it at any point in space and time and manipulate the matter of the universe. In essence our universe, as we understand it, can exist - and still be a simulation. Is God such a higher dimensional being? Based on the descriptions he could be considered as such. Such beings could be said to have omnipresence (able to exist at any point in space), omniscience (able to perceive all points in time at the same time). Omnipotence? If they can manipulate matter and energy, then they basically would be within 3D space.
>>
>>38438962
Langans CTMU, the work simulation theory is based on.
>>
>>38439619
link expired anon
>>
>>38438967
Are you chippo man?
>>
>>38438962
In buddhism and most other religions originatiing from the Indian subcontinent, there's the idea of Reincarnation ?
So basically, after you die, you imedietly get reborn into another entity. Kinda like respawining in a video game.
Now, could this be the simulatoin giving us another chance ?
Maybe.
Pic somewhat related
>>
>>38439619
i want to join too!!
>>
Simulation theory is just repurposed Hinduism
Simulation - Maya
Programmers - Devas
Base reality - Brahman
Cheat code - ॐ
>>
>>38438962
Nondual Christianity.
>>
File: image.png (753 KB, 877x795)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
>>38441842
according to NDEs, you get "convinced" to get reincarnated after you go to the light tunnel. Just dont' go there in the first place.
>>
File: 1705433120429423.png (399 KB, 1396x839)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>38438962
The belief that we live in a simulation is just creationism for people who think they're too smart to be religious. There is no counterargument to this statement because it's true.
>>
>>38443760
>COMPUTER - LOG OUT!
>simulation turns off
>there you are in your room, 1 dimension higher than the simulation, with the screen off, alone
>yay I escaped the simulation
>still in maya
Vs
>go to part of game you enjoy
>get into flow state
>suffering ends
>don't even notice
>>
>>38438962
Idealistic Christianity
>>
>>38439114
Yall faggots are just making words and meanings as you go. We can't see things but can measure it. Here, hold my divining rod homo
>>
>>38439619
Full of trannies and pedophiles
>>
>>38444648
Sabotage awfuls though. Be fairtreating.
>>
>>38438962
literally all of them. it's the fundamental nature of reality.
>>
>>38445401
Most all of them hold this plane the prime one of highest importance where our eternal souls are forged and tested, where simulation theory is more this plane is a shadow, perhaps multiple shadows of a shadow of a more important realm where actual reality is taking place, here a diversion for them to be shut off perhaps erased when no longer interesting.

Very different than most religions which are through and through self important.
>>
>>38445427
Every religion has its own idea of a higher realm where the real action is taking place, far away from this world, which is basically a testing ground to see if you believe in the religion enough to go to that other place. This is the exoteric side.

Were we to be more honest with ourselves about our present state, we would realise that this is, in fact, the place of true freedom. Thus is the esoteric view.
>>
>ctrl-f nihilism
>>
Retarded question. Every religion. Especially Christianity. If god is the admin that is. He activated godmode and became Jesus. But the Admin is living in a simulation too, and that admin of that one too and so on. What now? It's a fractal circle.
>>
>>38447359
Shitty godmode if your player character can still die. I'd probably look for better mods.
>>
>>38439114
Quantum entanglement has nothing to do with superposition. It is about the dualistic nature of photons--that they are both waves and quantized particles.
>>
>>38443689
Came here to say this
>>
>>38438962
>>38438981
>>38438998
Buddhism too.
Gnosticism just shoe-horns abrahamic fairy tales on top of Buddhism.
>>
>>38438962
All of them retard. Even Abrahamism which is mainstream effectively says this world was created by a higher power and isn't the ultimate reality which is the afterlife.
>>
>>38438962
any untrue one, so anything but Christianity

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.