[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This show actually restored my belief in god and gave me some better understanding as to the possible truer meaning behind religion by taking it's less literal translation, forming an abstract, and mapping it in a meta narrative to different aspects of life in general just as chirst intended when he literally fed the 5000. Please discuss. Do you believe Gendo Ikari Is the Demuirge. Is Shinji Jesus Christ. Is Yui Ikari Sophia? Is Unit 01 black? Could religious figures and entities such as angels be conceptualized or actually extant as higher level concepts of mathematical ethical logical principal, ultimately divine revelatory beings that exist transcendent beyond this material coil until they aren't in some way human beings finally find a means by which to collectively describe them as angels? Could God actually be a divine extraterrestrial or a supreme ancestral race? Are we human beings, based upon readings i've done that i cannot under pain of death disclose, the lillin? Is this post going to be censored by the U.N.?
>>
OK, now play Xenosaga.
>>
>>38439952
The word "Evangelion" is directly connected with Gnosticism. It's the name of the 1st bible ever written (of course because the gnostics were the original Christians before it was twisted into what it is today).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelion

Even though I know this, and am very into Gnisticism, and also enjoy watching anime, I still haven't seen evangelion. I know this is probably blasphemy if you ask /a/.
Maybe I should watch it, but I always got the feeling it would only relate to gnosticism at a surface level and kind of miss some of the deeper aspects like "gnosis" and "knowing yourself".
>>
>>38439952
You’re experiencing Satanic schizophrenia. God is not real. What you’re communicating with is the literal Whore of Babylon. The mystery is God is just a prostitute and now you have schizophrenia from prolonged isolation and atomization from society which has kept you unsocialized and thus reaching towards the non-existent muse in the sky.
>>
File: 1701908296834.gif (204 KB, 500x370)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
you may now approach Serial Experiments Lain
>>
>>38439952
Damn, death of the author sucks
Im pretty sure Anno said most of the religious symbolism is only there because it looked cool, hes not the type of guy to know what gnosticism is
>>
>>38439952
https://youtu.be/B6-ZiuoR8JA
>>
>>38439952
I did notice it and realized it was demonic.
>>
File: NGE.png (198 KB, 862x535)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>38441433
>only there because it looked cool
Unfathomably based.
>>
>>38439952
Shinji? Jesus Christ? The little bitch who tore off her clothes to look at Asuka's boobies and came in his hand? In a fucking hospital? Get a grip
>>
>>38441433
>>38441433
that's actually not true. it's been noted the Hiddaeki anno very much was a heavy reader into occult literature at the time. How else would he have known about the Angel Tabris, such an esoteric one? In as well all of the angel names align similarly in construction with the actual names of the angels. I forget what specifically the word for that is. That's the point i'm making as well though, that the symbolism, "looking cool" is another religious aspect. It's like aesthetics isnt a philosophical principle or something to people.
>>
>>38444042
>bitch
bitch could there ever be a discussion about what i'm actually saying without literal sub 100 iq morons showing up and literally the opposite of what i'm asking? It happens everytime. It was a typo but a sarcastic question, not a literal statement of fact. I guess put another way... what is the meaning of gnosis as it pertains to religion and does that entail abtract representation and symbolism more so than literal interpretation?
>>
File: shinji-float.gif (987 KB, 500x235)
987 KB
987 KB GIF
>>38441433
>>38444655
>I'm just going to say it was because it looked cool to filter annoying normalfags
That's why he said that anime was a mistake. Midwits focused on the wrong things. Evangelion was disukurousuru.
>>
File: file.png (89 KB, 498x216)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>38439952
>This show actually restored my belief in god
>>
>>38441412
aah, cia forced tranime
>>
>>38444655
>Hiddaeki anno very much was a heavy reader into occult literature at the time
yes, because he thought it looked cool
>>38439952
Look into actual gnostic things if youre that interested. The show wont give you much and doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme aside from some basic themes it uses, which you can find it several stories, overt or not.
>>
darling was better disclosure than evangelion
>>
>>38439952
There are two types of groups who make no sense:

Those who take "symbolism there because it looks cool"
Of course it's because it's look cool. He's an artist, not someone trying to start a Cult, which is what he got worried about.

Plus he says that when talking in front of a class of literal children (search for the video).

Then there are the ones who overthink it. Of course Anno did massive research and got more out of the Bible and Christian Esoterism/Kaballah than your midwit Westerner, he more or less beat the average westerner at their own game.

He got inspiration in a mix of esoteric christianity/kaballah and gnosticism.

Because you see, artists seek inspiration from things, be it nature, their dreams, other movies, etc.
Anno obviously got inspiration from digging deep in gnostic christianity.

Average Westerner still has no clue who Lilith is, despite being repeated in their face all the time during the show. Sure maybe on /x/, but don't get your hopes outside.

tl;dr - Artists seek inspiration somewhere, and if he got inspiration from gnostic christianity/qaballah and put his own spin there, some pieces will connect.
>>
>>38444042
He literally gets called the "Messiah"
>>
>>38439952
No, it's just pretentiousness. There's no substance, Anno is using symbols because it creates a cool and mystical aesthetic. It's about as symbolic as your deadbeat second cousin's Chinese tattoo that's supposed to say "strong warrior", but actually just says "drunk, pig, rice".
>>
>>38446803
>>38449327
yeah but that doesn't matter because OP said its real so it is! when have facts ever mattered on /x/?
>>
File: 1721848125733335.gif (785 KB, 500x375)
785 KB
785 KB GIF
>>38439952

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.