[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: descarga (2).jpg (112 KB, 700x972)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
I'd like to know if there's any way to reach meditation, or indeed any form of "enlightenment", from suffering, wether that be emotional or physical, and if so, how would you go about it and what are the "techniques", per se.
>>
>>38442936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwd-wLdIHjs

Pain, along with all physical experience, is processed in your mind. You can train your mind to experience things differently. Learning this is pretty powerful.
>>
Funky. Pain to me is a bit interesting. The sensation of turmoil and hurt, feeling yourself walk along the razor's edge. It's rather thrilling, even if the sensation itself still feels bad. It's like spice, it hurts but in a captivating way. Eitherway, i cannot seem to avoid feeling unwell, so atleast i would like to make something out of it when im inevitably bored.
>>
im an athlete, not larping nerd but i do extremely intense rigorous shit, and it was my introduction to spirituality. i only got as intense as i became because i had alot of pain in my life, and sports/weights were my cope. eventually i discovered with enough intensity you can reach "spiritual states" sober, quite similar to a psychedelic feeling.

i used to seek for suffering, i wanted to impose it on myself because i thought it would make me tougher, but as >>38442945 said - its about how you are experiencing it. the same thing that once hurt you, later may make you feel euphoria. all abt how u approach it. so, > any form of "enlightenment", from suffering
you have to define suffering first

one of the first things id have told myself if i could talk to a younger me is to skip the edgy phase. but sometimes chasing after that kind of thing is exactly the experience you need to realize that there are better things to seek. i recommend you look up some of the stories of the martyrs during the roman empire’s persecution of Christians. ask yourself what position a MARTYR plays. especially in the Christian context. they were tortured mercilessly, yet stayed extremely strong. look how satanic ritual abuse survivors speak of praying to christ. fiona barnett. those with the most capacity to endure hardship/suffering are those with faith.
>>
>>38442979
and in this context im speaking about "praying to christ" in the context of christ being an archetypal blueprint for the highest divinity within all of us. if you need to be tortured and suffer enough for that force to come out in full glory, then ...
>>
"Happiness, monks, also has a supporting condition, I say, it does not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for happiness? 'Tranquillity' should be the reply.

"Tranquillity, monks, also has a supporting condition, I say, it does not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for tranquillity? 'Rapture' should be the reply.

"Rapture, monks, also has a supporting condition, I say, it does not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for rapture? 'Joy' should be the reply.

"Joy, monks, also has a supporting condition, I say, it does not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for joy? 'Faith' should be the reply.

"Faith, monks, also has a supporting condition, I say, it does not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for faith? 'Suffering' should be the reply.

"Suffering, monks, also has a supporting condition, I say, it does not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for suffering? 'Birth' should be the reply.

"And what is the supporting condition for birth?. 'Existence' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for existence? 'Clinging' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for clinging? 'Craving' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for craving? 'Feeling' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for feeling? 'Contact' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for contact? 'The sixfold sense base' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for the sixfold sense base? 'Mentality-materiality' should be the reply.

"What is the supporting condition for mentality-materiality? 'Consciousness' should be the reply.
>>
>>38442999
"What is the supporting condition for consciousness? 'Kamma formations' should be the reply.

"Kamma formations, monks, also have a supporting condition, I say, they do not lack a supporting condition. And what is the supporting condition for kamma formations? 'Ignorance' should be the reply.
>>
During periods of extreme tiredness and fatigue, i've felt what you might call an "euphoria" of sorts, focusing on the pain and the numbness. It sounds a bit similar to what you're saying. The sensation of it stimulated me and helped me wade though the exhaustion. I eee suffering in 2 ways: Physical, which simply enough, is just the hurt. The sting of a laceration or the numbness of a blunt strike.
And then there's emotional; which is definetly more complex, but i would summarize it as just the general inner turmoil, restlessness and mental fatigue that does not allow me to simply be at peace. Like a fire that burns through me and consumes me. Sometimes i relish in it, even if it's self-destructive and counterproductive.

Im aware this sounds edgy as fuck, but that's not really my objective. Im simply not an unstable individual and always have been interested in esotericism, so atleast in the bad i'm trying to seek any correlation thtt could lead to something productive. I've nevrer been a religious man, but i admire the strenght of conviction of the faithful, and indeed if we lived in medieval times, i would've probably joined a flagellant order. I think i have a strong will, it's just that it's rather misguided and volatile.When i want to do something, i will stop at nothing, but the problem is that most of the time i don't wan't to do anything.
>>
>>38442936
If done by your conscious hand, then it wont be True Ascension, as your "rational thinking mind" is the actor upon it, not Nature.
>>
>>38442936
I managed to cure my mental and emotional neuroses by meditating focusing on "The Truth" intensely and eventually experiencing the Source, the ALL, whatever you want to call it . When I "came back", I found my emotional and mental issues gone.
>>
File: 2022-10-20_19.59.42.jpg (281 KB, 720x539)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
But Abstinence, self denial, very well may, though again...even this is partially by your own hand. I still do this often, its a natural part of my life.

>emotional or physical
Injustice. It cannot be from (You) in any form by definition, was how I ascended.

Thus...you can only be open to it, not be apart of it happening. Like Love...ita free, if you try to take it it disappears in your hand.

Its given, not taken.
>>
File: 200w (12).gif (82 KB, 200x150)
82 KB
82 KB GIF
>>38443271
>71
Get a Job, lazy retard.
>>
File: IMG_20240724_073531_171.jpg (322 KB, 1057x1280)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
πάθει
μάθος
Check out "The Way of Pathei-Mathos" by David Myatt, it may inform which practical methods you choose to pursue.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.