[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2024Poster.jpg (554 KB, 1600x799)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
In your own words, what is gnosis?
>>
>>38443162
Matrix for religious people.
>>
Imaginary concept of "understanding". Just another cope for the fact that we either live in a realm controlled by evil and/or pointless chaos. But hey follow one of a million paths and you'll transcend maaaan. You'll talk to God....or become God....or join with God...or get the secrets from God...I dunno...fuck you. It's bullshit. And even if it's real its only achievable by such a ludicrously small percentage of the population as to render it ultimately pointless.
>>
a knife
>>
taking a big shit first thing in the morning
>>
>>if you have to ask then you don't know
>>
File: 1679771373380575.jpg (36 KB, 423x460)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>38443162
>what is gnosis?
Whatever frees you from the Archons realm.
>>
NPC Christians first chain rattle
>>
File: IMG_1723.jpg (199 KB, 1080x1080)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
I dont think I have the ability to explain it within the confines of language, as language is just a poor translation of our inner working. I cant help but think of this quote however, make of it what you will.
>>
>>38443162
Potential to comprehend every part of what base realities may be composed of.
Furthermore, the ability to determine the ends of specific combinations without allowing them to happen.

In a very crude example, take three entities with the following qualities:
[1] can see but not remember nor think.
[2] can see and remember, but not think.
[3] can see, remember and think.
..and put them in a following scenario - they are in a well-lit room with a few barrels of a highly explosive material while carrying a gun with a large amount of ammunition. There are signs, the first of which details what the gun and the ammo is composed of along with the properties of the materials which were used for it. The second does the same, but for the barrels. The third explicitly shows what happens when you blast them enough.

The test is to resist curiosity.
[1] fails because they failed to remember the truth.
[2] witnesses [1] dying an claims to have succeeded on the basis of allowing [1] to die, claiming it was necessary.
[3] takes the gun and reads through the first two signs. They think, "so given these elements, if they were to clash, they'd explode, right?". They imagine all the given elements and test the chances in their mind. You could say [3] failed to resist curiosity, but at the same time, they comprehended the elements and drew the potential ends without committing to them for the sake of it.

This is what "gnosis" means to me.
>>
Embracing the truth despite the lies
>>
>>38445611
My questions are as they follow:

What circumstances are needed for [3] to emerge?

Why am I then stuck in a perpetual suffering matrix between the countless [1] and [2] archetypes?

What is the point?
>>
The acquisition of ineffable truth.
>>
>>38443162
Direct knowledge of God.
>>
>>38443162
Imagine you lost your wallet, you spend all day looking for it panicking, and then you realize it was in your back pocket. that feeling of relief is gnosis
>>
>>38443162
When you get quads twice in a row.
>>
>>38443597
Why are you even on this board then? Just to whine like an impotent baby? Is it your vent box where you express your envy that others enjoy life and its mysteries while you wallow in misery and nihilism?

You're a liar. You wouldn't even be here if you didn't instinctually hold such thoughts/beliefs; however, you just want to appear as if you're above them. You're like a drowning man, grasping at straws and willing to drag anyone you can down with you.

Your mindset is your own doing; as is your misery which you wish to spread. Your lack of gratitude and shallow material obsessions make you bitter towards the world around you. Even if you're in pain, as appears to be the case, you shouldn't wish to spread that, but should look for ways to heal it instead.

The world can be a brutal and difficult enough place as it is already. There's no need to add to it by becoming just another cog in the misery machine. It's certainly the easiest route to take, there's no doubt about that, however, it's also the least fulfilling and won't even do you any good in the end.
You could, instead, spend your time cherishing your brothers and sisters all around you and have gratitude for the blessings received through your journey. Those who would spit on you for it won't be worth the burden to bother with, but you'll find countless others who will feel blessed by your presence.
You don't need to indulge your dark impulses just because you've been granted anonymity. If anything, they'll only illuminate who you truly are.
>>
>>38443162
The Demi-Urge coming to save my life as an inanimate, constructed, esoteric philosophical peak.
>>
It feel good being an npc
>>
File: images (11) (27).jpg (23 KB, 738x415)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>38445518
>the Archons realm
Affirming their ownership.

Smart.
>>
File: 1692158179377821m.jpg (242 KB, 1024x1019)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>38443162
It's gnowing your sis, obviously
>>
File: compressed_yvuFKgF.jpg (327 KB, 720x900)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>38443162
Intuitive, unfiltered, direct knowledge of God
>>
Truth filtered through personal experience. The reason you are incarnate.
>>
File: 1698536577758603.jpg (23 KB, 480x480)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>38448278
https://youtu.be/YW51lmPSaIE
>>
>>38443162
Freedom.
>>
File: IMG_0663.jpg (2.08 MB, 4000x3000)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>
>>38443162
When my sister is trying to spill tea but I'm tired and had a long day I tell her gnosis
>>
File: 1625695598952.gif (1.37 MB, 498x278)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>38448429
Oh you...
>>
>>38443162
reason guided by god. divine intellect. look into terry davis and temple os for more gnosis etc. beware of those who glow
>>
The perception of the divine without hinting at it, without noticing it, yet seeing it.
>>
>>38443162
White People Enlightenment
>>
Nobody fucking knows apparently. I kind of tired of hearing about it. Seems like yet another infinitely re-interpretable conceptual placeholder into which schizos on this evil site direct their mental energies.
>>
Certainty of the existence of the Monad, the Sufis call it the Yaqin
>>
>>38443162
Gnosis is what Gnostics believe to be Enlightenment.

Gnostics are just Buddhists who can't abandon belief in judeo-abrahamic fairy tales.
>>
>>38443162
It's for depressed, sexless, sad people that are very fragile and can't handle the negative aspects of this world. So they hijacked Plato's concepts but made everything flawed and malicious and a trap.
>>
>>38445609
gay tree
>>
>>38450011
let em have a few i say
>>
Buddhists are the only gnostics. And they are too based to be rebuked.
The jewish gnositicism has no gnosis in it because their whole teaching is a fairy tale. Exactly like with the retard plotinus by the way.
To understand this, you start with the goal of buddhism, which is to eradicate suffering at all cost. Now it turns out it's possible and it turns out to end suffering forever is done thru ''gnosis'' ie 'rigth knowledge'' ie ''insights'' ie ''wisdom''.
The major point of the Budhda is that the jhanas are cool and all, but they only reduce drastically suffering. It's a huge result by itself, and 99% of all the humans who ever lived will be happy with just that, if they ever get it, but meditation is not enough when strictly speaking the goal is to cut off suffering like a ''palm stump''.

So to get fully enlightened you have to have insights and this makes buddhism the proper ''Gnosticism''. The jewsih version of Gnosticism is a complete joke and comparing other branches of judaism like christianity to buddhim is just embarrassing for judaism.
-Jews' goal is not to end suffering in the first place
-Jews don't have any good meditation practice. In fact they shy away from it, after the mess of their nicaea schism. It's not even they have the wrong meditation, like in many other religions like mahayana hinduism jainism, it's that they really have zero meditation and their little cope about introducing meditation thru the back door with their rosary and jesus prayer is infantile even compared to failures like mahayna hinduism jainism
-Jews don't have the right knowledge. Even if they had the super duper meditation, like the buddha said, it's not enough to kill suffering because insights in to the aggregates are necessary and jews will never ever get those with judaism and whatever branches gentiles made up from it
>>
deez
nuts
>>
>>38443162
the direct opposite of faith
when intuition eclipses reason
sensing and not perceiving
knowledge and not theory as hard as it is for moderns to conceptualize it.
>>
>>38450531
The jhanas are resting grounds from vipassana.
>>
>>38450953
so basically,
anal sex and sodomy bad
despite what hollywood tells us

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.