[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721731782980835.jpg (1.02 MB, 4256x2832)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
Ezekiel 13:18
>Tell them, "This is what the Lord GOD says, "How terrible it will be for those women who sew magical bracelets on all their wrists and make one-size-fits all headbands, in order to entrap their souls. Will you hunt for the souls of my people and remain alive?
>>
>>38450526
>one-size-fits all headbands
no amount of crystal magicians can be as bad as trash translations
>>
>>38450526
pffft
the bible
get a load of this idiot
what else is on your shelf, reader's digest?
>>
>>38450548
I've been trying to find a good, fairly accurate translation that doesn't become completely unreadable. One that tells the truth about the three wise men from "the East", the "virgin" (maiden) Mary etc. I don't like how many outright lies there are in the traditional translations, a lot of them are just confusing and make no sense, it's no wonder people discount them as bullshit. I was recommended the LSV, but I'm still exploring my options.
>>
>>38450573
>, fairly accurate translation
I don't think you get it anon
>>
>>38450589
fairly accurate translation of what bro? a hodge podge mashup of time magazine propaganda from the 3rd century?
how can you accurately translate shit?
>>
>>38450573
You'd have to hunt after the sources and if not able to, study the personality of the writer and people written about and weigh in the sense of the time and culture where those events took place. That's a remarkable set of things to study.

You can also just go by general keywords and scenes.
I.e. that which "takes the soul from", together either the magical talisman stuff can simply mean that people accept some other authority using their belief. If you believe in a talisman then you are putting faith into the people that create it, without actually understanding thoroughly why and how it works. In an older culture it might be that such beliefs are embedded so much that people can't fathom or imagine shedding and changing their being. A part of their mind and identity tied up with it.
>>
>>38450526
>NWO translation
And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you? (Ezekiel 13:18)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.