[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1723776024725139.png (544 KB, 1200x866)
544 KB
544 KB PNG
There's no other homo sapiens being that knows as much of Homestar Runner as i do. My knowledge about this work of art since the 2000's and everything surrounding its development is encyclopedical. I've listened to the audio commentary, read the novelization, played all the games in existence even the TellTale one, get all the pop culture references and listened all of the homestar runner ost/soundtrack. scoured the internet for interviews going back to early 2002 and looked at all the concept art and behind the scene photos. I can pretty much reproduce some episodes from this entire flash web cartoon in my head with zero problems. I also know the names and careers of all the important people behind it (directors, producers, production designer, editor, art director, supervising animators, etc) I have a special reputation in both the internet and my family and friends thanks to this one show. It's almost a part of me.
Considering the popularity of the show, how deeply engrained it is in our collective unconcious, that even in 2024 you'll stumble across references of it everywhere and also considering the truth and purity the show articulated, it is not far fetched to say that HOMESTAR is the OVERARCHING NARRATIVE of our age. Just like Hitler accessed the collective unconscious of 1930s Germany, the unifying pieces for a divine cultural revolution in our time are based on our HOMESTAR RUNNER shaped intuition and cultural identity. You can be lost in space but as soon as you rediscover HOMESTAR RUNNER you'll rediscover your cultural identity and know who you are. It's like meeting your parents, your old teachers, seeing your hometown or hearing another familiar voice directly speaking to your soul.
YOU LIVE IN THE HOMESTAR AGE.
It doesn't matter that we are split in a globalized world, the symbols of our childhood may vary and are individual, BUT H*R CONNECTS US ALL.
RETURN TO HOMESTAR.
>>
>>38602241
My GF (25) works at a coffee place with a lot of underage zoomer fucks, and according to her, none of them understand any Homestar Runner references. The new generations are truly LOST.
>>
>>38602241
true and beautiful OP I love homestar runner
>>
>>38602404
shame, but you know who isn't truly "one of us".
interesting thread OP. what's your thoughts on Eskimo Bob? always something oddly comfy about that one.
>>
>>38602241
The TellTale game is so good
>>
>>38602241
Excardon me
>>
>>38602241
Your mind on aspergers.
>>
>>>/co/
>>
>>38603208
not OP but Overture still gives me chills
>>
>>38602241
A lot of phrases from this show wormed their way into my vernacular, part of that was probably just repeated exposure at a young age. It's classic stuff though, I don't think internet culture would be the same without it. You're probably onto something here.
I don't know anything about Homestuck, but I hear it had a similar influence on the more Tumblry side of the internet in the 2010's and I think the similarity in names might be more than a coincidence. I think that one also has some explicit occult themes. I only ever skimmed the surface of it because apparently it's partly set in my hometown (Maple Valley, WA).
>>
you are homestar runner OP
you are
>>
>>38604436
>Overture
what's that?
>>
https://youtu.be/JwZwkk7q25I
>>
TROOOGDOOOOR
>>
homestar was good shit but nobody knows about it so idk man

at one point I downloaded a bunch of the flash videos intending to idk utilize it in some way. idk what i was thinking but at the time I was making some dumb flash stuff and idk maybe was going to make a game or something idk
>>
>>38604863
Homestuck is full of references to occultism fwiw. It also predicted shit like the incel craze/elliot rodgers and might have also had psychic effects on lots of readers
>>
>>38605757
The long Eskimo Bob episode set to orchestral music. Blew my little 8 year old mind back in the day
>>
>>38602241
Autism at work
>>
>>38607996
Yeah undoubtedly, but the potentially useful kind.
>>
>>38607165
'Hussy', more like Rotschild...

I always thought it was sus how much time he has to make and shill that silly comic, resulting in a startrek-like pseudoreligion
>>
>>38602241
I’m not reading all of this but why would you know more than the creator of it?
>>
>>38602241
I can play a mean warsh board.
>>
>>38609961
Aaaaaaahm a trendy tooootebaaaaag

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.