[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DSC-2585-1024x1024.jpg (249 KB, 1024x1024)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
One of my online friends just applied for a fraternity in his college and now that I'm researching them they seem extremely cultish, if of anything they really have the aura of just being degeneracy dionysian style hedonistic groups with a weird Greek aesthetic, not to mention all the hazing and straight up occultic rituals that are performed.
>>
>>38672622
i mean..
skull and bones
>>
>>38672622
Yes. Lots of research on there about this. Not going to tell you anything thought because I know a lot and I don't like to tell people things that they don't know because they know a lot less than I do.
>>
>>38672707
You couldve spent fewer than half the words you used to say what you know.
>>
>>38672622
I am a Sigma Chi. I know secrets I have sworn to take to my grave.
Make of that what you will.
>>
>>38673931
>Make of that what you will.
You guys are required to blow each other on camera.
>>
I don't think they're summoning demons but they definitely act like cults
>>
>>38673936
I’d have gladly sucked a dick compared to the hell we went through.
>>
>>38672622
>Are college fraternities/sororities cults?
yeah but not called cults since it's the popular thing to do
>>
>>38672622
In the sociological sense, it's determined by the methods the group uses to exert control over its membership. A strong argument can be made that political parties are cults. I think you could make an argument here as well.
>>
>>38672622
Reverse it
>>
Our rituals are intended to teach lessons about being a good man, transform our association beyond a club into an actual brotherhood, and connect us across chapters and with our past and future. Our founders were well-versed in ancient greek and so the medium for communicating they employed replicates greek passion plays hnce the regalia and rituals.

That's it. There was nothing occult about my experience with the frat.

t. Life Loyal Sigma Chi who lives safely down the street from our HQ
>>
>>38676427
*gets you drunk and shoves a broomstick up your ass*
>>
>>38676443
Many of us were varsity athletes or religious. We weren't permitted to drink alcohol or use drugs.

Nothing aside from a doctor's gloved finger has ever entered my ass.

Nor am I aware that any of my chapter brothers are queerbots.
>>
File: phi beta kappa.png (2.16 MB, 1047x2325)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
Any Phi Beta Kappa anons? It has a spook origins with freemasons but is just an "honor society" now. Is there anything weird still ongoing with it or did they end a long time ago?
>>
>>38676427
You’re full of shit Sigma Chi was Latin and if you want to tell me the Black Supper wasn’t occult you don’t what occult is.
>>
>>38676679
You're full of shit and clearly have no idea what we do. Several of our Founders were Christian ministers and/or deeply religious in the Christian faith. Our passwords and symbols are in ancient greek. The passion plays would be at home in an athenian ampitheatre. You literally have no clue.
>>
>>38676723
You sure you’re talking about Sigma Chi? Our founders were war veterans and teachers, maybe one was a minister.
Our password is Latin you fucking moron.
Our motto is Latin.
The leader titles are Latin
That’s kind of what sets us apart. The only thing Greek we do is learn the alphabet.
Constantine’s white cross is literally our symbol.
I have no idea what we do?
Three white candles
It takes a village
No one makes it out with 7 links
Go to your Mageister
Find the white cross
>>
>>38676778
You have got three things correct. The remainder are 100% wrong. But you do you. And it's spelled "magister" bozo. I served in that role.
>>
>>38672622

The entire point of even having a fraternity is that it is the college version of freemasonry. Then when you get done with college doing “freemasonry lite” you can go ahead and join the masons. This should be obvious to you.
>>
>>38676796
Three things my ass.
>>
>>38676802
This is correct. Most of us didn't join the masonic organizations. We had enough and moved on. One of the big masonic feeders in my day was DeMolay, an Episcopal fraternity for teenagers.
>>
>>38676802
ya the rituals are all very similar...sort of a screening process
>>
>>38672622
Cult like? absolutely. Cult like behavior propagates because it is successful. Is being a cult bad? There can be good and bad cults. It's similar to calling something natural. Natural things can be good or bad from your perspective. A more useful inquiry might be, is this organization using these behaviors to go in a direction I prefer?
>>
>>38672622
you could use the word 'tribe' and take away most of the negative connotation you are hinting at...
or even a 'gang'...
they don't try to stop you from leaving, or separate you from family...so no
>>
>>38676808
The public motto is Latin. The officer titles are Latin. Constantine is our patron.

Everything else you have stated is bullshit. It's easy to spot the fakers. Which you will find out painfully if you attempt to enter a meeting. But you be you.

t.
>>
>>38676723
So you guys dress up in robes, put on gay little plays, and fuck each other in the ass? Do I have that about right?
>>
>>38672622
Just a branch of high degree recruitment for masons
>>
>>38676565
>finger inching towards the (b)utt
>>
>>38676850
How can you guys call yourselves Christians and pursue the world? Denial of self and denying the world are core concepts to the faith. Have you ever read the Bible? Jesus preaches a life of asceticism.
>>
>>38672622
humans are tribal/cultish
>>
>>38676882
Our chapter usually had a token jew and black. Athletes. So, not all of us were Christian.

There is nothing inconsistent with Christianity and my fraternity, Sigma Chi. "In this sign you shall conquer" does not refer to this earthly existence. For us, anyway. You need to "conquer" yourself as a means to be judged worthy. For Christians, this means worth in Jesus Christ.

Many of my bros did grow wealthy. Our chapter screened for successful attributes. But wealth is a means to help protect good people. And good people do not focus on the hedonistic aspects of wealth. They build, starting at the natural family level and extending into their local communities. Many of us learned actual service to others is among the most rewarding parts of living during service projects in Boy Scouts and Sigma Chi. The frat has a lot of Mormans for some odd reason ...
>>
>>38676999
That doesn't matter, Jesus taught asceticism if you truly wish to follow Him, as we see with the rich man and Jesus. He was a stern advocate of the Law, so Jesus gave him an ultimatum and the rich man chose his luxuries over eternal life. You don't need to be wealthy to help others.
>>
>>38673931
The secrets are all mundane, though. Nothing of any spiritual depth is imparted by these drinking clubs.
>>
>>38677032
Which fraternity are you a member of?
>>
Pretty much all fraternities and secret societies reach a point where the initiate, after having gone through cursory ceremonies and proving himself useful to establish rapport, will then be forced into a compromised position for blackmail material. The purpose is to proliferate nepotism among the group. Admittedly, this kind of networking is effective, but it tends to come across as venomous to hardworkers and overachievers who have no desire to join such charlataneous clubs. I believe your dignity is worth far more than such deceivingly tepid connections.
>>
>>38677111
The response by me under such circumstances will be, "bring it on."

Interestingly, I've never been approached by a blackmail operation with exception of your average phishing attempt.

Nope.
>>
>>38672622
pay to play friend groups, networking, business contacts
>>
>>38672622
Pi Kappa Phi here. We did some Greek theatre essentially, but nothing that really crossed any thresholds and certainly not anything that would be compromising, weird or gay. On our campus, we were the rich Southern gentleman who threw the best parties, had the shot blocks and ice chutes while others rented a keg, and fucked only the hottest chicks. Other fraternities might be different, but nothing spooky about ours.

>>38676723
Sigma Chis were cool dudes but you didn't know how to throw down like we did. Also Sigma Chi is the Super Jesus fraternity so I can't imagine any of those dudes blowing each other. Good people though but a little boring desu

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.